Teddy KGB Adidas Track Suit (1 Viewer)

Ok, so was today years old when a buddy told me his top is actually red/white (Soviet Union olympic uniform colors), not red/yellow and only looks yellow because of the bad lighting in the poker room. After protesting loudly, I went back and watched a montage of him from the film and, after watching multiple scenes, it really looks like that top really is red/white.
As a union camera assistant in the industry, I would disagree with your buddy. It's possible to shift a white to a yellow, but if you look at the cards and his shirt, which are both white as well, and aren't shifted in similar ways. They shot this on 35mm film using a tungsten balanced stock for this scene and would use tungsten lighting to achieve a natural skin tone which would also keep the lines on the suite very close to their original colour. It's possible coloured lighting could shift the lines a bit yellowish, but it would also be prevalent on his face and cards as well and likely would appear less saturated.

Ok, so was today years old when a buddy told me his top is actually red/white (Soviet Union olympic uniform colors), not red/yellow and only looks yellow because of the bad lighting in the poker room. After protesting loudly, I went back and watched a montage of him from the film and, after watching multiple scenes, it really looks like that top really is red/white.

I'm not convinced.
rounders-john-malkovich.jpg

His shirt would be yellow too if it was the lighting. Also I want to believe it's white so I won't have to pull the trigger on this
https://shop.triton-series.com/collections/collaboration/products/triton-x-jbrw-red-tracksuit
so PLEASE convince me!

I'm not convinced.
View attachment 1218689
His shirt would be yellow too if it was the lighting. Also I want to believe it's white so I won't have to pull the trigger on this
https://shop.triton-series.com/collections/collaboration/products/triton-x-jbrw-red-tracksuit
so PLEASE convince me!
I know, I know, have that pic too and want to believe it is yellow but check out the montage especially under different lighting than that frame at or around 1:58, 3:44, 5:50 and 6:57 and tell me what you think

I know, I know, have that pic too and want to believe it is yellow but check out the montage especially under different lighting than that frame at or around 1:58, 3:44, 5:50 and 6:57 and tell me what you think

Haha I think it’s yellow but @ those time stamps I see what you are referring to…

1:58 is the zipper
3:44 I see gold/yellow
5:50 I see gold/yellow but silver zipper looks white
6:57 I see gold/yellow but silver zipper looks white

Time for a trip to the eye doctor?

Yeah I can see at those timestamps it looks white. The zipper very welll could be white and slightly shifted, but the sleeves are yellow as there is more saturation in them. Looks like that video got pretty destroyed by compression though which can affect the way colors look.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom