The Official Formula 1 ( F1 ) discussion thread (2 Viewers)

I ride by the McLaren Dealership in Palo Alto everyday when I ride to work. Whenever there is an employee outside I yell "LET'S GO LANDO" as I spin by. Usually they look confused but today I had one turn & say "yeah!"
hes going to need all the help he can get if the first track test of the season is anything to go by

Wow so glad you created this @davislane , was about to myself but luckily found this first.

Only my 3rd year following F1 (DTS band wagon), huge Sainz fan but also really enjoy Hamilton and Gasley (plenty of others too). I was originally turned off by Max’s drive style and off-the-track attitude but he’s matured in both respects since. He’s still the antagonist for my rooting though. Sorry @cpac54 :D

Random thoughts - excited for all the new drivers, hoping Mercedes isn’t wasting another year with no-pods and Ferrari don’t shoot themselves in the foot, again. More than anything I’m just hoping for a more competitive season than last year.

Last edited:
Jury's still out @davislane about this thread : ) As you know because we have spoke in the past I'm very biased re: F1. I try to be on my best behavior here on PCF but this thread might get me heated early & often during this next season so you might see Teddy's Dark Side from time to time. Let's dive right in:

Max has matured @ReallyGoodUsername? I don't agree. His decision to not help his own teammate in Brazil with one race to go jeopardized the drivers going 1-2 in the drivers championship. Even if his preposterous theory of Perez crashing on purpose in Monaco was true Max already had the championship sewed up when he decided to not help. Lame. Just like the way he races LeClerc vs the way he races Hamilton. One he grew up with in F2 & always gives space & the other drives off the road.

To me Max (or as I call him Silver Spoons) is the enemy. But that's a good thing! Sports are more interesting when there are heroes & villains...

Go Lewis

Im not on team red bull by any means but I like Max as a driver. You need drivers like him in the sport. Ruthless. I just wish the cars didnt have such a huge role as they do however thats part of the appeal of F1 that its the driver AND the car that separate everyone vs just the driver.

Jury's still out @davislane about this thread : ) As you know because we have spoke in the past I'm very biased re: F1. I try to be on my best behavior here on PCF but this thread might get me heated early & often during this next season so you might see Teddy's Dark Side from time to time. Let's dive right in:

Max has matured @ReallyGoodUsername? I don't agree. His decision to not help his own teammate in Brazil with one race to go jeopardized the drivers going 1-2 in the drivers championship. Even if his preposterous theory of Perez crashing on purpose in Monaco was true Max already had the championship sewed up when he decided to not help. Lame. Just like the way he races LeClerc vs the way he races Hamilton. One he grew up with in F2 & always gives space & the other drives off the road.

To me Max (or as I call him Silver Spoons) is the enemy. But that's a good thing! Sports are more interesting when there are heroes & villains...

Go Lewis
I don’t know if max will ever be mature but he has matured. Watching his interviews from even just 3 years ago to last year is night and day, a lot more disciplined.

He does make a fun villain though! That smug face of his.. :mad: :LOL: :laugh:

Bottas is winning as long as he keeps sporting his ’stache and mullet.

A9CEEE70-C65C-4592-BF8E-49CE583CE9CC.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Alonso but it was good to see him enjoying his racing once again. Sad for Lando, it looks like McLaren have really dropped the ball this year. Glad to see Williams get a point - it may be their only one of the year but at least they won't finish with a duck. WTF happened to Haas?

And yes, it looks like another yawn fest - the camera was only on Verstappen for about 2 minutes of the whole race - actually not a bad thing in my eyes.

I'm not a fan of Alonso but it was good to see him enjoying his racing once again. Sad for Lando, it looks like McLaren have really dropped the ball this year. Glad to see Williams get a point - it may be their only one of the year but at least they won't finish with a duck. WTF happened to Haas?

And yes, it looks like another yawn fest - the camera was only on Verstappen for about 2 minutes of the whole race - actually not a bad thing in my eyes.
"And just checking in....yes, that's Max still in first. Now back to the interesting parts!"

Seems to be enough of us here interested in F1 here on PCF, lets get the conversation going.

Which team or driver do you support?

Predictions for upcoming race / season or thoughts on a completed one.

Got a favourite historical driver? Just watched the lastest season of "Drive to Survive"?

Lets hear about it.
Always like the red cars. Too bad we don’t have Kimi and Seb driving.

Can’t stand Max. What an asshole. Should have let Sergio by last season.

Which team or driver do you support?
Ferrari, so currently Leclerc is my number one, probably followed by Lewis and Lando, although I like mostly everyone (yes, even Maxy) and just want to see good racing.
Got a favourite historical driver? Just watched the lastest season of "Drive to Survive"?
Schumacher. Never seen a minute of DTS, but I keep saying I need to binge it.
Always like the red cars. Too bad we don’t have Kimi and Seb driving.
I miss Vettel and barely missed out at getting his Aston Martin commemorative cap at COTA 2021. I will say out of the 10+ live races I've been to, seeing Kimi win in 2018 likely won't be topped for me. Cliche joke, but I was probably more excited about it than he was.

One of these is coming with me to COTA 2023 for some PCF representation in a photo op, any suggestions?
rbUvdrY.jpg

Checo with another pole!

Also is anyone using the F1 TV pro / Sky Sports F1 app? I cant technically get it here in Australia and was wondering if it was worth the effort in trying to get an account from another country using a VPN.

Checo with another pole!

Also is anyone using the F1 TV pro app? I cant technically get it here in Australia and was wondering if it was worth the effort in trying to get an account from another country using a VPN.
I've been using it for 2 seasons and love it. I used to always just used sketchy sites, but it's nice to wake up in morning and watch it live or afterwards with no issues.

VPN would probably hinder the appeal a little bit though.

Alonso on the front row... He has to be ecstatic with his decision to move to Aston Martin! More money (I'm assuming) plus a better ride. Good for him!

I'm not sure Seb would have retired if he knew the car was going to be this good!

My favorite F1 track is Nurburgring GP. Imola is another great track. Monaco about 15-20 years ago when the cars were smaller. Long Beach GP was great too. Suzuka has had the most legendary battles outright in F1 history. Senna vs. Prost. Schumacher battles.

Honda was the GOAT. Senna was god. Acura NSX is the gift we were given as a result. Honda > Ferrari

My favorite F1 track is Nurburgring GP. Imola is another great track. Monaco about 15-20 years ago when the cars were smaller. Long Beach GP was great too. Suzuka has had the most legendary battles outright in F1 history. Senna vs. Prost. Schumacher battles.

Honda was the GOAT. Senna was god. Acura NSX is the gift we were given as a result. Honda > Ferrari
Old Guy Take, Part I:

I'd take Spa, Silverstone, Hockenheim, and Zandvoort as my favorites. I've driven all of them, plus the old Nurburgring, but as I've probably said before, the old 'Ring was just too hard to learn for a once-a-year driver with limited practice time.

Worst tracks ever: Monaco and any other city course; then Hungaroring, hands down. And IMO, Suzuka would make a better NASCAR track. :cool

Lotus > Ferrari for cars. Honda great for engines.

And Prost over Senna any day, especially if it was my car he was driving, and he had close competition Prost was just a much, much smarter driver than Senna.

Clark, Moss, Surtees, and Prost tops along with Schumaker, Ickx, Mansell. Driving was more of a mental challenge when you had to use both feet and both hands on multiple controls.

My sister is going to the Las Vegas race this year with a bunch of friends but prices seem insane! General entry (no seat) was $500 for 3 days and they got 4 tickets between 8 of them and these are sold out. They're talking about adding more general entry tickets but without being able to see the track - what's the point of those? And grandstand seats start at $1500!

Not only that, they booked hotels last year and some of the hotels have either cancelled their bookings or asked them to pay increased prices to keep them. Only one hotel has honoured the booking price.

This is crazy - the prices seem completely unreasonable...

I just don't get why they don't do rolling starts more often. Standing starts are exciting but so would have 2 laps on a rolling start and new tires even without DRS. Plus they would have been able to finish actually racing.

-sad about Sainz but happy about Lewis-

I just don't get why they don't do rolling starts more often. Standing starts are exciting but so would have 2 laps on a rolling start and new tires even without DRS. Plus they would have been able to finish actually racing.

-sad about Sainz but happy about Lewis-
Had the same question re: rolling starts, what a mess today. The announcers seemed to be laying part of the blame on the sport wanting more action/story lines and these kinds of 2 lap restarts fit into that, even if not very safe. Was good to see Lewis holding onto 2nd place but again Max just miles ahead of the field (dude picked up like 8 seconds on Lewis within a few laps it seemed like once he passed him),

Pretty crazy podium... Max / Lewis / Alonso. A few WDCs between them.

That last standing start was definitely a shit show... completely unnecessary. Alonso with his 3 podium finishes in 3 races is also pretty cool. Good for him.

I really enjoyed the new sprint format. Of course it depends on the circuit but it seems very promising.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom