Anyone traveling to Atlantic City this week for the "Almighty Million" tournament? (1 Viewer)

Senzrock

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm headed out tomorrow (Tuesday) and staying through the week if anyone is around and planning on playing the Almighty Million at the Borgata. Should be a fun tournament. 100k starting stacks, good structure, four-day tournament!

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 10.44.38 AM.png

One of my good buddies made it to day 2 today. He said the blinds were too high too fast and he ended up shoving on an open end flush draw and got called and never got there.
He had J 10 and button raised 3x to 60k. BB defended. Flop Q9X. BB checks he cbet 120k. Turn was a low card blank he shoved for 200k and got called by Q7.
I hated his play here but he’s aggressive. I hate the Q7 play even worse.
Ugh

Congrats on your run!

One of my good buddies made it to day 2 today. He said the blinds were too high too fast and he ended up shoving on an open end flush draw and got called and never got there.
He had J 10 and button raised 3x to 60k. BB defended. Flop Q9X. BB checks he cbet 120k. Turn was a low card blank he shoved for 200k and got called by Q7.
Ugh

Congrats on your run!
I guess I’d feel better about that if he’d just jammed it all on the flop. Probably would have ended the same way. But I think with that stack, if he’s putting anything in on that draw at all, he’s gotta do it all at once.

Ugh

Congrats on your run!
This bet sizing is WILD lol. Don’t mind being aggressive but he could have bet so much less

This bet sizing is WILD lol. Don’t mind being aggressive but he could have bet so much less
That’s what I told him. He likes to win pots by being overly aggressive and putting people to the test. I don’t like his style of play in a multi day tournament.
He won’t listen to me. Oh well

I guess I’d feel better about that if he’d just jammed it all on the flop. Probably would have ended the same way. But I think with that stack, if he’s putting anything in on that draw at all, he’s gotta do it all at once.
Agree. The worst line is “well 40% of my stack was in the middle”. Ok but he called pre and on flop. Time to check back and get a free card and live to see another flop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom