Giveaway [CLOSED - COME BACK NEXT MONTH] Chip Shots 2024: The Masters (1 Viewer)

TheLemursReturn

3 of a Kind
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
1000021211.jpg

TLDR: Choose 4 random golfers
here. No golf knowledge required. It will ask for your name for our leaderboard. Post that name in this thread so we know who is who. I'll put one chip per entrant into the prize pool.

My brother has been running a fantasy golf pool for several years. This year, he set up a system to allow anyone to make their own season. I thought it would be fun to try. And I've been wanting to do a giveaway here for awhile. So...

Introducing Chip Shots 2024

You don't actually have to know anything about golf to play. All you have to do is choose four random golfers here. You'll be asked for your name for the leaderboard. Just be sure to post that name here so we know who is who. That's how you enter this giveaway. You must do all this before entry closes early on the morning of Thursday, April 11.

When you're entering, you'll also see a checkbox to enter your picks into their main pool. This is NOT required for this giveaway. But there's probably no reason to leave the box unchecked. It's free and that pool has cash prizes.

The Masters is a big golf tournament next weekend (Thursday, April 11 through Sunday, April 14). On each hole, you'll get the best score from among your chosen golfers. If all four of your guys score a par on hole 7, you get a par on hole 7. If three get a par and one gets a birdie, you get a birdie (the better score). If two bogey and two par, you par.

After the first two days, many golfers will get cut (only the best golfers advance). If any of your golfers get cut, you do not replace them. You continue with fewer golfers.

The Prizes

I'll put one chip per entry into the prize pool. Probably some sample sets. Definitely some Paulsons. Some random singles I have around. Maybe some bigger shuffle stacks (of matching chips) if we get enough entries to warrant that.

I'll start choosing the prizes and post photos during the entry phase, as the pot grows. Maybe we'll get up to a full rack of chips. I'll raid my two-year-old daughter's chippie bank if I have to. (She gets chips when she behaves.) PRIZES ARE NOW SHOWN HERE.

I'll pay about 5% of the field. The exact prize breakdown will be determined after entry closes on Thursday.

1st place - 20 chips of your choice
2nd place - 5 chips of your choice, after 1st selects

Shipping is covered to the US. International chippers can enter, but will have to pay actual shipping less $5 if they win a prize.

In addition, anyone who beats me (I'm Daniel on the leaderboard) can have free shipping ($15 max savings) the next time they buy anything from me.

The Final Table (Playoffs)

There are four major golf tournaments each season. I'll do a similar giveaway for each one if this first attempt goes well. The winner of each one will automatically receive one of 10 seats at our final table. The remaining seats will be awarded to those at the top of our season leaderboard.

Those 10 playoff competitors will choose golfers and compete during 3 more golf tournaments to determine our champion. I'll share more details about this playoff process when the time comes.

Thank you for considering this. Please ENTER HERE and don't forget to post your leaderboard name below.

VIEW THE LIVE LEADERBOARD HERE

Entrants
  1. @4SUMERZ (lv2tour)
  2. @b_2 (B 2)
  3. @ballefrans (Christer)
  4. @CHIPnD (Darren)
  5. @DZPoker (DZPoker)
  6. @FestiveKnight (Festive)
  7. @Franzister (Christopher)
  8. @Frogzilla (Frogzilla)
  9. @HighPlainsDrifter (Trevor)
  10. @ikeajones (Ikea)
  11. @jbriod (John)
  12. @JDPoker (JDGolf)
  13. @libbylord (Joshua)
  14. @Marius L (Marius)
  15. @Mrs Poker Zombie (Elizabeth)
  16. @Pinesol13 (Pine)
  17. @pipdenny (Yervand)
  18. @RadicusScout (Radicus)
  19. @slurpeee (J L)
  20. @soccerdadof3 (Soccerdad)
  21. @TheLemursReturn (Daniel)
  22. @tkeavz (Thomas)
  23. @tooth_doc (Charlie)
  24. @UniLover (Andy)
  25. @WedgeRock (Lob)

Last edited:
I'm showing 9 total entries so far, including myself.

@UniLover and @Mrs Poker Zombie - I think I can guess who you two are. But to be sure, if you did indeed enter, we'll need to see your leaderboard name posted in this thread.

Also, there are only 8 posts in this thread so far, including my OP. That means someone definitely entered and did not post here. If that's you, let us know before the tournament starts next week!

I'm showing 9 total entries so far, including myself.

@UniLover and @Mrs Poker Zombie - I think I can guess who you two are. But to be sure, if you did indeed enter, we'll need to see your leaderboard name posted in this thread.

Also, there are only 8 posts in this thread so far, including my OP. That means someone definitely entered and did not post here. If that's you, let us know before the tournament starts next week!
It registered me as "misc". It might be showing as "Elizabeth" now. Do you see either?

Nice idea!!! DZPoker is registered and ready to win!!

I'll definitely enter tonight! Thanks for setting this up.

Can we edit our chosen players after we submit, but before the masters starts?

I updated OP to list all confirmed entries and leaderboard names. We're up to 16, including myself.

But there are 18 on the leaderboard. If you entered but did not share your name here, you did not follow all of the instructions. Thus, you are not a part of this giveaway yet. Such entries will be removed if we are not able to identify them by Thursday.

Entered as: John BRIOD
Lol.
Green “sweat” jacket on and waiting to tee up.

We're up to 20 confirmed! Will come up with some prize(s) soon.

I realized that everyone may have different preferences, so I'm thinking I'll post up a bunch of extra prize chips and let the winner(s) choose.

Entered

Soccerdad Golf

Not seeing this one on the leaderboard.

We're up to 20 confirmed! Will come up with some prize(s) soon.

I realized that everyone may have different preferences, so I'm thinking I'll post up a bunch of extra prize chips and let the winner(s) choose.

Not seeing this one on the leaderboard.
I'll try again

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom