Dealer button (DIY) (1 Viewer)

Thx!
You’ve got to be 1/3 crazy, 1/3 chipnized, 1/3 DIY guy to do such things like a dealer button…

but i can live with - no choice… ; )

Pls show your epoxy results when it‘s done. Sounds interesting!
Next level would be a mold :)

Next level would be a mold :)
This was my initial question here on PCF, if anyone did a mold himself. ; )

It requires a 3D printer, then cast a silicone mold.
Or the Lambo version: CNC-cut metal plates.

I have a Cutter and sandpaper…

This was my initial question here on PCF, if anyone did a mold himself. ; )

It requires a 3D printer, then cast a silicone mold.
Or the Lambo version: CNC-cut metal plates.

I have a Cutter and sandpaper…
Stuff showed up early. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.
80oz of silicone mold maker was part of the order. Planning on trying epoxy versions of a lot of my 3d prints.

In progress… ; )

IMG_5623.jpeg

No recess - i can‘t milling…; )
A thin laminated label on top. Easy to replace if worn or damaged.
Clear you can feel the label on top, but it‘s not made to be shuffled or stacked during the game.

It needs some tools to make a ‚real’ chip/button, that i don‘t have.
This one is ‚bridge size‘ 57/6mm 38g

IMG_5672.jpeg

No recess - i can‘t milling…; )
A thin laminated label on top. Easy to replace if worn or damaged.
Clear you can feel the label on top, but it‘s not made to be shuffled or stacked during the game.

It needs some tools to make a ‚real’ chip/button, that i don‘t have.
This one is ‚bridge size‘ 57/6mm 38g

View attachment 1324074
Thanks. Cant you press by your hand in the soft clay a recess before putting the clay into the oven? Just an idea. Don't know if it is worth it.

il_fullxfull.2488103602_nl2l.jpg

Yes i thought about it and placed once a coin (magnet actually) before baking.
The problem is i sand them down to get smooth and it‘s impossible to sand 100% straight by hand. Even milling afterwards would be the same issue.
Only a compressing mold and/or a sanding machine would do the job precise enough…

Well Done Reaction GIF

As one DIYer to another, well done! These are great. How did you get the pucks so perfectly round and flat? And the inserts? I assumed you had used a mold, until I read the post where you said you did not.

I love the Simon Says button. All of them, actually! Maybe you can document your next one step by step for anyone who wants to give this a try?

These are awesome! Amazing colors as well. Kinda want a 600 chip set made out of these. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Thanks!
Well the colors are great. The weight too with a washer inside. But it‘s more like plastic than clay when it‘s cured.
The real clay would be fantastic!!

Well Done Reaction GIF

As one DIYer to another, well done! These are great. How did you get the pucks so perfectly round and flat? And the inserts? I assumed you had used a mold, until I read the post where you said you did not.

I love the Simon Says button. All of them, actually! Maybe you can document your next one step by step for anyone who wants to give this a try?
Thanks, appreciate that!
I sand them down to size with 80/120/240/600 grid.
Yes i can do a more detail how-to, got some clay left. It‘s very simple, just time consuming so i prefer do this during winter time…

Ok i cut all my t-shirts in fibres, grind a fishing sinker + a vinyl record. Got some titanium line guides. And a baryte under my bed.
But no color pigments ; )

I have a diode laser and am wondering if anyone has tried engraving polymer clay. I’ve done some googling and can’t find anything specific.

The alternative is that I can cut a stamp that could be pressed into the clay to make the mold patterns.

I bought some fimo last year for my daughter to make some Christmas ornaments for my wife but I can’t find it anywhere… maybe I just have to buy some…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom