Got my shuffletech today (1 Viewer)

The manufacturer lists a particular Copaq card to use. I know a guy that runs 2 games a week on a shuffletech and Faded Spade, it jams constantly, at least twice an orbit.
This makes no sense. If it was jamming twice an orbit why would he keep using Faded Spade? I know I wouldn't.

In the "Best Performance " section of the Operating Instructions it does say to use "the Copag Poker Sized cards supplied" & goes on to say "be sure cards are not bent or creased" & "be sure playing cards are not dirty or greasy."

My guess is these cards are bent or greasy or Bridge sized. Also might have dirty rollers/machine. Try cleaning the unit with some isopropyl alcohol.

I've talked to Chip@Shuffletech regarding brands & he says Faded Spade & Copag work the best! My 1st hand experience of about 3 years agrees 100%. (Only cards mine have not consistently liked are bent Kems & Dal Negro Treviso because they're too damn slippery)

I think poker size and 100% plastic is the recommendation. Copags are thin and slippery which run smoother through the machine. Bridge size will jam more because of the extra play inside the trays.
Looking at their site, it has changed, it looks much better; The documentation that came with the unit listed a particular version of Copaqs, while they don't have a user manual online, the ONLY cards they offer for sale are Copaq 1546 Poker Size Playing Cards.

I have never seen bridge cards jam a unit, but the unit frequently boxes the bridge cards.

They seem to have embraced additional brands as well:
our Shuffle Tech shuffler is compatible with high-quality cards from reputable brands such as Copag, Kem, Del Negro, and Gemaco.

This makes no sense. If it was jamming twice an orbit why would he keep using Faded Spade? I know I wouldn't.
I would be happy to introduce you, he is using FS 1, 2, and most recently 3...
I can also point out illogical behaviors in a large majority of Americans, but I try not to engage in that particular topic online :eek:

I would be happy to introduce you, he is using FS 1, 2, and most recently 3...
I can also point out illogical behaviors is a large majority of Americans, but I try not to engage in that particular topic online :eek:
I've never used FS 1's so maybe that's where he is having an issue. My FS 2's are still going strong after years of weekly use & I do sprinkle in the FS 3 from time to time also with no issues.

Having said that I don't allow food at the table & ask my players to wash their hands after they do eat. My cards don't get greasy & I've never washed any of them.

The only time I’ve ever had a remote problem was when my guys were eating at the table while playing and got stuff on the cards. Other than that absolutely zero jams.

I've talked to Chip@Shuffletech regarding brands & he says Faded Spade & Copag work the best! My 1st hand experience of about 3 years agrees 100%. (Only cards mine have not consistently liked are bent Kems & Dal Negro Treviso because they're too damn slippery)
I frequent 3 games that use the shuffle tech over the last 3 or 4 years.

One guy uses Copaqs almost exclusively, runs 2+ games a week, has two of the shufflers and sends one in and loads the other one. Its a raked game, and he can't be without it lol. Once the unit has significant wear on it, even sending it in for maintenance, regularly the unit will jam with more frequency, regardless of cards.

Another game is 1 to 2 games a week (the afore mentioned) uses FS and Angel Artisto ;), jams often enough

My game is once a month, use mostly Angel Artisto, but have Desjgn, Trelf, and EPT - I see jams late in the evening at a low frequency.

Having said that I don't allow food at the table & ask my players to wash their hands after they do eat. My cards don't get greasy & I've never washed any of them.
I'm a mysophobian, I try to softly encourage hand washing, and I do ask no food at the table - I would FUCKING LOVE your game if its not Hold'em

I see jams late in the evening at a low frequency.
This is my experience when I do get them. I also run Trefl, Desjgn, Modiano, Copag, Da Vinci, Fournier & other off brands. (Would love to get my hands on some EPT cards)
I would FUCKING LOVE your game if its not Hold'em
Unfortunately most of my players are allergic to anything non-hold'em but if you ever make it out to Cali I'll be sure to get a PLO game going!

The only time I’ve ever had a remote problem was when my guys were eating at the table while playing and got stuff on the cards. Other than that absolutely zero jams.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    452.8 KB · Views: 31
No joke. I got a standing ovation from my players. 5 hands in and they were loving it. We’re playing so much faster. If I get 5 years out of it hosting once a month, the shuffletech is worth every penny IMO
Glad to hear it was a resounding success! It’s an impressive thing to have and really well received by players. I had a (micro stakes) game last weekend too and newbies loved not having to shuffle.

I just had my first night of frustration…needed a cleaning.

This stuff is great.View attachment 1276749
Hey, so used my shuffler for 6 and 7 time this weekend and last. Last weekend was the first jam I experienced so I was going to try to clean it with Rubbing alcohol and q tips. But the rollers don't move. How do I do roll them without cards. Second, last night, it had a serious jam where the cards were stuck and the light turned orange. I cleared the cards and then the light turned red but it would not continue shuffling. I had to unplug it and then plug it back in and it continued to finish the shuffle. I'm thinking this all started bc this last two times players started to eat at the table but I can't be sure. Any advice on these two matters would be appreciated.

Hey, so used my shuffler for 6 and 7 time this weekend and last. Last weekend was the first jam I experienced so I was going to try to clean it with Rubbing alcohol and q tips. But the rollers don't move. How do I do roll them without cards. Second, last night, it had a serious jam where the cards were stuck and the light turned orange. I cleared the cards and then the light turned red but it would not continue shuffling. I had to unplug it and then plug it back in and it continued to finish the shuffle. I'm thinking this all started bc this last two times players started to eat at the table but I can't be sure. Any advice on these two matters would be appreciated.
Greasy rollers… I use two long qtips (wood shaft)…one to stabilize/manipulate the rollers and the other to scrub. Is this flush mounted?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom