Hal Fowler TRKs - Any info? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Recently picked up these four chips. They’re in great shape and I’m trying to find out the story behind them. I know he won the WSOP in 1979 but don’t know anything else about the chips. Are they available in bulk?
IMG_3258.jpeg

I can't find the reference in a search, and as I think about it, this might be lost to the Blue Void. I recall reading that he had these made after winning the Main. Maybe for his home game, maybe for a souvenir of the event??

I have a set like the one you have. Started that over 10 years ago and had to get them one at a time, with the $1000 was the hardest to get. I've seen the group of four on eBay a couple times in the last year. I presume yours was from the one that ended not too long ago.

Available in quantity? Almost certainly not unless someone has been hanging onto the set Fowler had made and only recently started piecing them out.

I can't find the reference in a search, and as I think about it, this might be lost to the Blue Void. I recall reading that he had these made after winning the Main. Maybe for his home game, maybe for a souvenir of the event??

I have a set like the one you have. Started that over 10 years ago and had to get them one at a time, with the $1000 was the hardest to get. I've seen the group of four on eBay a couple times in the last year. I presume yours was from the one that ended not too long ago.

Available in quantity? Almost certainly not unless someone has been hanging onto the set Fowler had made and only recently started piecing them out.
I found these on Facebook. Haven’t even looked on eBay yet. Probably a good idea.

^^ this ^^

I have a $100 one (my day of birth was in 1979)....awsome gift from @gopherblue

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom