Question regarding The Riverboat chips (1 Viewer)

Frnkbonz

Waiting List
Reaction score
I bought a BBC “The Riverboat” set about 8 years ago. When I bought them originally for a tournament set up, they were recently discontinued and only a few sets was available from sellers. The colors are amazing, but never saw anything similar. I just bought them because I love the colors. Do people like these sets? I cant find too much info after doing research on them. Little maintenance and the chips still shine after 8 years. Feel and sound great. Any information in how long they were in production, did I grab a gem etc? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_8780.jpeg
    IMG_8780.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 220
they were recently discontinued and only a few sets was available from sellers.
IIRC, they were made way back in the ChipTalk days and were also made by BCC. I don't recall who brought them to the market, but I think they were a pretty limited run and were definitely not available after BCC closed and was sold off.

Not too sure I'd call them "recently" discontinued as they weren't available beyond the secondary market when CT was still around and before PCF started.

If you have a playable set, you've got a winner right there. One of the few knockout BCC sets before their QC went to the crapper, and a perfect (and coveted) "forever" tournament set. Enjoy 'em and win big with 'em!

Michael Patton brought them to market. The colors were wonderful. They originally sold for a very reasonable price. I believe they would bring twice that price at least now. Cherish these chips, they are a very limited run of five or six 500 chip sets on the tournament set and even more exclusive on the cash set.

Post some pics of your full set. The breakdown might also impact value, but they do have high status here, so it's definitely a gem.

As said above, Riverboats were commissioned by HoldemPokerChips (Michael Patton, r.i.p.) and made by BCC. The Tournament sets were made for retail and sold in pre-defined breakdowns. The Cash set was a private custom set made for Michael himself. Later, Michael decided to sell his Cash set, I bought about half of it and @RainmanTrail bought the rest some time later. I still have my set but lost track of who has the rest nowadays.

Michael Patton was an OG chiptalker, responsible for some of the greatest sets ever made, most of which were made by BCC and ASM (now CPC). He designed them to be loved and played, and many were sold in larger (for the time) quantities to a number of folks.

Your set is pretty rare—as @BPTDirector and @ChaosRock noted, not many sets were made—enjoy it and hold on to it!

Sorry too, I just meant to poke a little good hearted fun at your statement (which clay fantasy series chip hasn’t at least doubled its value since first being available retail)

I love these chips. I have a tourney set still, but I believe I sold my cash to @Matthew627 if I remember correctly. I assume he still has them, though I'm not sure.

Also, there are two different versions of the $5s. One is more of a canary yellow base and the other is more of a butter yellow base.

I guess I'm too hypersensitive myself -- IMO, that 1K is a strong contender for most beautiful chip ever, but the 500 just leaves me stone cold. YMMV is an understatement!

Last edited:
All this is totally incomprehensible for Orthodox Christians, especially during this weekend :p :) :)

All this is totally incomprehensible for Orthodox Christians, especially during this weekend :p :) :)
Even worse for us Othodox Atheists. I'm being forced to dig up breakfast for myself here in Marseille because my wife (a.k.a. "The Queen") has run off to the nearest Anglican Church for the morning...

Even worse for us Othodox Atheists. I'm being forced to dig up breakfast for myself here in Marseille because my wife (a.k.a. "The Queen") has run off to the nearest Anglican Church for the morning...
Pic of what you ended up with please

Pic of what you ended up with please
Ha! In Europe, we generally stay in ApartHotels, with kitchenettes. But that wasn't possible in Nice and Marseilles. so my breakfast consisted of about a dozen Lingue di Gatto and a bottle of water. Big time gourmet stuff o_O, but they didn't taste anything like a cat. Not even catfish.

When Nancy returned from church (which seated around 40 people, tops!), we made up for it was several crepes down by the Old Port. Being Easter Sunday, I was afraid that our only options for the day would be Burger King, McDonalds, or KFC. Fortunately, with only one cruise ship in town, we found an excellent out-of-the-way Indian restaurant.

Headed to Nimes tomorrow, where we are back in an ApartHotel! Yay!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom