Hi, Steaks: the Official PCF Steak Thread (2 Viewers)

More flat iron steak & potatoes…

IMG_3763.jpeg

IMG_3764.jpeg

They always seem to do vegetable prep super simple in Japan. I quite enjoy it though, especially with some garlic fried rice. I recently had some Tochigi wagyu when I was in Nikko, delicious.. Had a bit of a soy onion sauce which was also great with the steak.

View attachment 1198779

You can do veggies simple when the produce is great but we the produce is mediocre it requires different preparation

Good veggies only need salt and pepper and maybe sprinkle of olive oil. That’s it

Controversial Trigger Warning ( :LOL: :laugh: ):

I’m gonna have disagree with the rare/med rare sentiment. IMO, there is no such thing as Med Rare anymore, it’s just rare. Once rare became all the rage, med rare kinda just went away. I order medium and it’s rare (like raw) every time - lol.

Certain cuts, prime rib, filet - ok, I can see med rare. Especially prime rib - I’m in!

However a ribeye rare is just not enjoyable. Sorry, not sorry - lol. The point of a ribeye is the marbling. If the marbling is raw, stringy, and not cooked at all, it’s kinda nasty (The flavor didn’t get to the meat). Warm pink center with a line of red for the win (aka Med).

If the meat jiggles so much it’s hard to cut, and the fat is tearing out of the meat - nah, no thanks - lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom