Hollywood Poker Variant Rules? (1 Viewer)

trigs

Flush
Reaction score
Anyone play this game before? Curious if you can use all three hole cards or not as Abby's rule card doesn't specifically state that.

hollywood poker.JPG

I had the same question a couple of month ago. We played it like super holdem. But Hollywood wasn't after all not that well received. I think 3 card holdem variants are not that exciting as omaha variants.

I had the same question a couple of month ago. We played it like super holdem. But Hollywood wasn't after all not that well received. I think 3 card holdem variants are not that exciting as omaha variants.
I've found that a double-board format is usually best to get some action out of Hold'em variants with 3 or more hole cards.

In a single-board format, everyone's (understandably) terrified of monsters. With multiple boards, not as much.

Same idea as Scarney. The potential for a low brings a lot of action that wouldn't exist if you're only playing for high (e.g.., basically Heaven and Hell).

I've found that a double-board format is usually best to get some action out of Hold'em variants with 3 or more hole cards.

In a single-board format, everyone's (understandably) terrified of monsters. With multiple boards, not as much.

Same idea as Scarney. The potential for a low brings a lot of action that wouldn't exist if you're only playing for high (e.g.., basically Heaven and Hell).
Fair point!

Hollywood 8 (hi/lo) has been well received with my group. It worked well as a transitional game to learn hi/lo.

This game is frequently called at my place because it's so easy to explain: hold'em with an extra up card you can use. Remember to remind players not to pick up the up card because, like stud, it can be interpreted as folding.

I can see the up card nerfing the game a bit. For example, As is up and three spade flop.

I can see the up card nerfing the game a bit. For example, As is up and three spade flop.
This is one possibility, but think of the other side.

Seeing one of your opponent's cards now means you can use his up-card as part of the board to judge your hole cards by traditional Hold'em standards, e.g., to see if the board is paired or a flush is possible.

With 3 hidden cards, anyone could have anything on the most innocuous of boards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom