Host can't pay out everyone, what to do? (60 Viewers)

O
Completely disagree.

It is the host’s responsibility to know his players. And to protect his guests from someone he and he alone allowed into the game, who he allowed to play far above his means.

If he misjudged the tilted player, he needs to be responsible for that mistake. Passing it off onto unsuspecting guests is really dirty pool.

I would never go back to this game even if the host makes good, plus interest.
Ooh yeah.

OP - you should tell the host you’re going to start having the juice run on their debt.

O

Ooh yeah.

OP - you should tell the host you’re going to start having the juice run on their debt.
Absolutely. And if the host wants to collect that interest from the debtor, that shit's on him.

My brother was owed $14k in a home game, BL in that game paid a little but never was whole. I would never want to bank unless cash or equivalent was given.
In Molly's game, I would have taken the painting.
Curious where this ends, watching in interest.
T

You get paid yet, @Rhodeman77?

Maybe you need to send the host one of these?

IMG-20240510-WA0008.jpg

I would ask the host who’s responsible him or the player. If he says it’s on the player, then tell him that you’re going to go confront him about it and if that’s the way it is and he can’t get involved after now. I respect that it’s his game and that if there’s a way of doing things you’ll do it, but if he says it’s out of his control now, and then politely let him know that you’re out of his role as well.

I would ask the host who’s responsible him or the player. If he says it’s on the player, then tell him that you’re going to go confront him about it and if that’s the way it is and he can’t get involved after now. I respect that it’s his game and that if there’s a way of doing things you’ll do it, but if he says it’s out of his control now, and then politely let him know that you’re out of his role as well.
Absolutely agree.

This is total crap.

Surely you know somebody connected in Cleveland, maybe time to drop a dime to somebody about this bum puppet.

And don't call me Shirley.
He can contact me. I will surely exploit the said host.

I have read the entirety of this post.

I imagine I will be put in this situation potentially in my future.

this is great wisdom. lot's of theories here.

the bottom line is you have regrets. lets put them to rest.

also downtown Cleveland has a great game starting soon.

some of our local hosts will also be shut down. they are terrible for poker. again subjective.

Mr Rhodes. You can contact me, I will ensure you get your money with no harm.

good .....

He can contact me. I will surely exploit the said host.

I have read the entirety of this post.

I imagine I will be put in this situation potentially in my future.

this is great wisdom. lot's of theories here.

the bottom line is you have regrets. lets put them to rest.

also downtown Cleveland has a great game starting soon.

some of our local hosts will also be shut down. they are terrible for poker. again subjective.

Mr Rhodes. You can contact me, I will ensure you get your money with no harm.

good .....
You know. The baller i will be. The baller i have been. The pussy i will get. Is all class.

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Sorry if this sounds Harsh but I am not going to sugar coat this fundamental error in what a host is supposed to be.

Never make this mistake. It is ONLY the host who is responsible. If you Host you are the bank - Period. You are the pit boss - its your game - Your responsibility because the host IS the bank. The host allowed credit and gave chips as a result the host is on the hook.

Chips ARE cash. He gave them out and he is responsible for them. Never never make any suggestion it is otherwise.

If the players could refuse the extension of credit to the player who was over his head and had some say in when the player's credit was cutoff.

If the credit decision is all in the host, then paying the winners is all on the host.

I can see some scenarios where the players also take the risk, as they enjoy the fruits of LAGgy degeneracy. But unless the players have the option of refusing credit, this is all on the host.

Just curious as to what scenario that would be?
That scenario would include EVERY player absorbing some of the owed money.
Even the guys who lost.
They had a chance at the funny money too.

Guess we just disagree on this one.
It’s one or the other

The Host
The Players
The Gambling Addict

It’s not aliens if thats what you are thinking.
And the Government is not going to send you free money again to cover it

Which one of the above do you think
Is responsible enough to pay the debt?

It is my understanding that not everyone knew that credit was being extended until payout. If that’s the facts of the situation the host extended the credit and as such is responsible for making all the players whole. Pay that man his money!!!

It is my understanding that not everyone knew that credit was being extended until payout. If that’s the facts of the situation the host extended the credit and as such is responsible for making all the players whole. Pay that man his money!!!
We don't disagree.

Sure the players had the chance to win money from a degenerate on tilt. But unless the players all agreed to continue to extend credit and all agreed to make up the shortage, then it is 100% on the host to pay the winners.

It’s one or the other

The Host
The Players
The Gambling Addict

It’s not aliens if thats what you are thinking.
And the Government is not going to send you free money again to cover it

Which one of the above do you think
Is responsible enough to pay the debt?
Not sure you understand my position. Every post I’ve made in this thread said it is the host’s responsibility. 100% on him.

My disagreement with Wedge was when he said it could also be on the players at the table. Completely disagree with that statement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom