Spreadsheet for easily managing cash homegame money (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Following this thread i publish here the Libre Office Calc Spreadsheet I use for my home game.

It seems i can't post a Calc or Zip file. So here is the download link : https://f001.backblazeb2.com/file/PartagePublic/Home_game-divinerites-template.ods

? May be this has to be a resource ? May be an admin can edit accordingly.

I made it to :
  • Facilitate the cash out by just counting the number of chips by denom
  • Having a balance to verify that all is square
  • Following the rebuys and verifying the money received, not forgetting collecting or reporting. Usefull.
  • Allowing to round the cashouts at 5€ and making tips at cashout (we do not have rake).
  • Tracking the food fees upfront (my cooking skills are better than my poker skills, the reason why they come to play home :D )
  • Having statistics for all the games. My players like to have this.
Enjoy.

PS : the Libre Office Calc format can be used with M$ Excel, even if this M$ software is a piece of s****. My advice : switch for Libre Office and forget the recuring cost racket for ever.

Capture d’écran 2024-04-22 à 13.41.23.png

Capture d’écran 2024-04-22 à 13.40.56.png

On the one hand, it’s generous of you to share these templates, and great that you’re taking the management of your game seriously.

On the other hand… I don’t really understand why such tools are needed.

The balance of buyins and cashouts is simple to determine at the end of the night: Is the box back to zero?

Tracking who bought in for how much doesn’t actually tell me anything useful if the box is light (or heavy).

As far as counting, I don’t know of any way to do it besides counting by denom. IDGI

Maybe I’m missing something here. Are you taking all payments electronically? In that case I could see maybe needing to do some note-taking. But I would just do that on a scrap of paper or in my phone if so.

On the other hand… I don’t really understand why such tools are needed.

I tried to give my reasons on the "I made it to :" list.
Beside getting the right numbers obv.

Before that spreadsheet it was a PITA following ins/out and there where lot of count mistakes by players and lot of double work for me as a host.
After that, it is seamless and i even can correct small mistakes even in late times.

But do as you need/helps you, no problem.

Hopefully this not Python programming and there is not "one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it. Although that way may not be obvious at first unless you're Dutch."

The balance of buyins and cashouts is simple to determine at the end of the night: Is the box back to zero?
And if not ?
Hence the tool.

Now i never had a hole or too much money because i forgot to ask for the cash or whatever reason I was distracted while playing/hosting/managing.

And I regulary recount the bank total and if something is not right, everyone's memory is still fresh to correct the missing/error.

As far as counting, I don’t know of any way to do it besides counting by denom. IDGI

I think what he meant is instead of counting the denom in stacks of $20 or $100 or whatever make sense stake wise. You could just count the amount of each denom in your stacks and use the top right table to determine each amount.

You got 12 5c; 15 25cs; 17 $1s, 3 $5s? Oh that's $36.35 , instead of what probably might happen that the player counts it a stack of 20, a stack of 10 and a stack of 6 , and 35c on the side.

It does make the math a bit easier? I don't really see that much of a benefit in my opinion.

---
Personal option wise, if I or the host needs to whip out an excel at the end of a night of a cash game... Would feel that it would be too much for a fun night of poker.
Don't love the tracking of tips and winning/losing sessions. As a host I know who tips/helps pay for food and who didn't. I generally know who won or lost at the end of the night. As a player I don't know if I want the host to track it this precisely.

Banking wise, as long as the Cash balance at the end of the night.

---
I do think its a good tool, just don't know if its needed.

Thanks for the comment.

Yes counting chip number is more error prone by experience (we are bozos French poker players :wtf: ).

Banking wise, as long as the Cash balance at the end of the night.
But THIS was the main reason of the tool. No more $$errors at the end of night with the ramaining players.
All this is easily done seamlessly thru the night, so no extra work or so.
The stats were asked by my players. I didn't had this before their request.

And the rounding money for tipping is a real plus.

But i agree all depends how are your rules and process.

I do agree that the Stack value table is definitely more accurate than a hand count/value. It has definitely at time been a struggle when we play late into the am. I usually have a 3rd party check my counting.

We usually do a splash pot for non whole dollar, so I don't have to have small change on hand.

I been doing the practice of asking my players to not tip me in chips, but after they cash out. That way I can ensure stacks are cashed out properly.
That way I don't accidently cash out the same chip twice or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom