Which chips are best from apache? (1 Viewer)

Tomatillo2x

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Curious to see what chips are best between royal card room, majestic and Taj?
Have a home game for 9 players, stakes are 1/2 blinds, how many chips would I need for 1-5-20/25 - 100 (just in case)?
Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Don’t see you helping him at all, fool.
wow snappy comeback -hopefully your poker is better than your patter though I doubt that.

Unfortunately I can’t help because I have a similar question and have little or no experience to assist the poster.

Its total morons like you that put new posters off asking questions.

Imbecile (it’s like a clown)

Our opinions are mostly irrelevant. It would be best to evaluate samples in person. Perhaps there is a chipper nearby you who has some similar stuff, or beg/borrow/steal from someone else.

Do you know the difference between injection molded plastics, ceramics, and clays? It would be in your best interest to find out before you approach a chip selection, never mind a specific vendor.

wow snappy comeback -hopefully your poker is better than your patter though I doubt that.

Unfortunately I can’t help because I have a similar question and have little or no experience to assist the poster.

There’s a search function for you ignorant lazy fools. Educate yourself, unless your one that needs a coloring book and directions to figure anything out. Sounds like you fit the bill.

Here's a tip for beginning morons- that would be you, in case your too stupid to realize it.

Click my avatar. There’s a button there that says “ignore”. Push it and I won’t have to put up with any of your inane juvenile nonsense. You won’t see any of my sale ads or useless advice, and you certainly won’t make any more dumbass sophomoric retorts to any of it. Make your life easier.

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

Do you like KEM cards?

For 1/2 blinds something like:

1 x 200
5 x 300
25 x 80
100 x 20

That's probably a little heavy on the 1s. Depends on initial buy in size and rebuy frequency. The bank here is only ~5700 which could be plenty or could be a little short. Cut 40 1s and add 20 EA of 25 and 100 and you're over 8000

@Tomatillo2x I would also check out this thread before I ran a $1/$2 game with off the shelf Apache chips. I know that you trust everyone at your game and this would never happen to you...until it does. You may be fine depending on if your game runs small, but it's something to think about. Some 1/2 runs more like 5/5 or 5/10. If you have hundos out on the table you should consider custom labels for your Apache chips as a minimum security step.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/chip-cheat.118244/

Last edited:
Copy that, I’d figured to get a set including a handful of 100 chips just in case.
How many 1’s and 5’s would you get for 9 handed 1/2?
Thanks!

Our opinions are mostly irrelevant. It would be best to evaluate samples in person. Perhaps there is a chipper nearby you who has some similar stuff, or beg/borrow/steal from someone else.

Do you know the difference between injection molded plastics, ceramics, and clays? It would be in your best interest to find out before you approach a chip selection, never mind a specific vendor.
Took the sample approach and ordered Taj, majestic and royal. Spoke with Josh and confirmed that chips have inlays for labels because I wanted custom denoms. Thanks for the advice.

For 1/2 blinds something like:

1 x 200
5 x 300
25 x 80
100 x 20

That's probably a little heavy on the 1s. Depends on initial buy in size and rebuy frequency. The bank here is only ~5700 which could be plenty or could be a little short. Cut 40 1s and add 20 EA of 25 and 100 and you're over 8000
I was thinking something along those lines, thinking about sprinkling in some 10s too

Poker and this “Xmas” movie ;)

Took the sample approach and ordered Taj, majestic and royal. Spoke with Josh and confirmed that chips have inlays for labels because I wanted custom denoms. Thanks for the advice.
This makes no sense because your vocabulary is wrong. Inlays ARE labels - they’re labels when they’re stuck on like a sticker; they’re called inlays when they’re pressed into the clay during the manufacturing process.
I think the term you’re looking for is recess - thats the recessed space molded into the surface of the chip that creates room for the label.

Good to know, just relaying what I was told by Josh on the phone.
Thanks

This makes no sense because your vocabulary is wrong. Inlays ARE labels - they’re labels when they’re stuck on like a sticker; they’re called inlays when they’re pressed into the clay during the manufacturing process.
I think the term you’re looking for is recess - thats the recessed space molded into the surface of the chip that creates room for the label.
Let me ask you this, what about stickers? Let’s say I like the color of the chip, since Apache can’t customize the denoms, where I can get the custom stickers to make, let’s say I like the color of the 500 chip and want to make it 10 or 20 dollar chip with a sticker of royal card room? Do you know where to get them made?
Thanks for the info!

Thanks

Let me ask you this, what about stickers? Let’s say I like the color of the chip, since Apache can’t customize the denoms, where I can get the custom stickers to make, let’s say I like the color of the 500 chip and want to make it 10 or 20 dollar chip with a sticker of royal card room? Do you know where to get them made?
Thanks for the info!
Just want you to be clear, the Taj Mahals, Empires, and Penthouse chips are cards mold ceramics. The "inlay" is actually printed on the chip and there is no recess, so you won't be able to re-label those. The Royals are "china clays" and they have recessed labels as inlays, so you can relabel those.

Another welcoming, heartfelt post - I rest my case

??? Is this the New Member Welcome Thread? You can’t even get this kind of thing straight. You’re quite the detective though if you are just now figuring out I don’t give a shit about welcoming you.
This isn’t your AA support group. Grow up.

Thanks

Thanks for the info!

Many of us use Gear Labels, they are a vendor here, known for their high quality products and best customer service. I have personally used them many times for many many projects and even play in local home games with @Gear and @Wifey .

Others have used mail order services like Sticker Mule and others with satisfying results.

Just want you to be clear, the Taj Mahals, Empires, and Penthouse chips are cards mold ceramics. The "inlay" is actually printed on the chip and there is no recess, so you won't be able to re-label those. The Royals are "china clays" and they have recessed labels as inlays, so you can relabel those.
That’s exactly the info that I’m looking for, now I just need a sticker vendor.

Good info, as I may want to do that for denoms, thanks for that. Are majestic able to be relabeled?

I just ordered a lot of samples from Apache. Yes, Majestic has stickers in a recess that could be peeled and replaced.
IMG_3867.jpeg

Majestics and royals can be relabeled for sure, not certain about the cards mold. With the added cost of relabeling you may now want to consider semi-custom or full custom ceramics from BRPro. Figure that Majestics will cost you about 49c per chip plus another ~32c for the relabel, and at that price you are right in the semi custom/custom ceramic range.

Relabeling the Majestics, Royals, and the Banks is pretty easy. You can get as fancy if you want with the new labels. @Gear will do a phenomenal job, and they probably already have experience relabeling Royals and Majestics.

I'm a cheap bastard, so I just bought vinyl labels and printed my own. Not fancy, but it worked.

Wide Stacks 2.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom