You know you're getting old when: (5 Viewers)

Color printer?

My first fake ID only required an eraser to remove the typed year-of-birth and a pencil to back it up a few years. US gov draft card, typed on white paper stock with no watermark. I don't think plastic lamination had even been invented yet.

Color printers weren't even envisioned back then... the only printers were thermal paper.
In PA, when I was 16 the driver's license was a Polaroid (that dates me as well) pic in a plastic sleeve. Fine point marker to change the 7 in 1967 to a 2. I got carded by a state cop and it passed inspection.

When you realize the chance of making friends is decreasing every year, you’re done with school (plus my last 2-1/2 years of schooling were remote due to COVID) and people are caring more for family than friend. Nothing to blame other than me being an ignorant.

Plus people my age starting to marry and build a family, which is something I’m too poor and don’t have the responsibility to do so.

Lastly, deal with big medical bills on your own, paying off full once because who wants to pay interest and you pay MORE? Just sold my chips and done.

When you realize the chance of making friends is decreasing every year, you’re done with school (plus my last 2-1/2 years of schooling were remote due to COVID) and people are caring more for family than friend. Nothing to blame other than me being an ignorant.

Plus people my age starting to marry and build a family, which is something I’m too poor and don’t have the responsibility to do so.

Lastly, deal with big medical bills on your own, paying off full once because who wants to pay interest and you pay MORE? Just sold my chips and done.
You're not old at all, you're very young and that can be frustrating but you've got this. Everyone moves at their own pace, brother, try not to compare yourself to others too much. Different paths.

3 old men aged 70, 80 & 90 are in the retirement home reminiscing. The 70 year old says "I wish I could take a healthy piss again". The 80 year old says "I wish I could take a healthy shit again". The 90 year old says, "every morning at 6am I take a healthy piss and every morning at 7am I take a healthy shit. I just wish I could get out of bed before 8".

When you have to ask your coworkers if they have seen a certain movie before you try using a reference from said movie.
I've used the following lines at work to a flat expression - because the coworker has never seen the movie:
  • I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
  • What is your quest?
  • Yippie-ki-yay motherfucker (this got a threat to go to HR)
  • Get to the choppah!
I mean, there's no excuse. It's like not knowing "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn", but these new kids will watch Tic-Tok for 12 hours straight, because they "don't have the time to watch a movie".

I've used the following lines at work to a flat expression - because the coworker has never seen the movie:
  • I am serious, and don't call me Shirley
  • What is your quest?
  • Yippie-ki-yay motherfucker (this got a threat to go to HR)
  • Get to the choppah!
I mean, there's no excuse. It's like not knowing "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn", but these new kids will watch Tic-Tok for 12 hours straight, because they "don't have the time to watch a movie".

Airplane
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Die Hard
Predator

Am I old?

You're not old at all, you're very young and that can be frustrating but you've got this. Everyone moves at their own pace, brother, try not to compare yourself to others too much. Different paths.
Yeah I am like 10 years behind than average. When I realize things, it's usually very late and I feel stupid/missed out. I am doing things at 25 years old when people have done at 15 years old, really feeling the delay and rushing to catch up. It's dragging my confidence down too.

I quit my field and work at fast food, so trying to be fast at the same time feeling happier than the past. Being slow hurts at any job was the biggest lesson I always receive.

Honestly, I don't like how many young people are primarily talking about women and drinking, which I am not into. Ending up being alone in my age range, and never made lasting friends in the same age range since high school. Still nice I talk to my high school friends 10 years after graduation, that's a very nice thing. That's when I feel I got older, the chance of making friends decreases (teenage vs mid 20s).

Oh lastly, I use pen and paper to write things. I use a scanner to make my handwritten notes digital.

People my age: they use tablets to take notes and write down, why use pen and paper?

Yeah I am like 10 years behind than average. When I realize things, it's usually very late and I feel stupid/missed out. I am doing things at 25 years old when people have done at 15 years old, really feeling the delay and rushing to catch up. It's dragging my confidence down too.

I quit my field and work at fast food, so trying to be fast at the same time feeling happier than the past. Being slow hurts at any job was the biggest lesson I always receive.

Honestly, I don't like how many young people are primarily talking about women and drinking, which I am not into. Ending up being alone in my age range, and never made lasting friends in the same age range since high school. Still nice I talk to my high school friends 10 years after graduation, that's a very nice thing. That's when I feel I got older, the chance of making friends decreases (teenage vs mid 20s).

I think it’s generally true that it’s harder to make friends as you get older because you’re in fewer situation to make new friends. That said, it’s not insuperable. What are you doing to find new friends?

When you incorporate mid day naps on the couch…

See y’all in an hour….
Tired Sweet Dreams GIF by good-night

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom