SOLD 24-Hour Mystery Auction of sealed USPS SFRB (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly couldn’t have just gotten sick of this place.
tenor.gif

Gee, that does suck for you! Glad you have those assumptions for closure.
Thanks for the concern. My other working theory is the flip side...that it's a grail rack that he's afraid of the O.P. wanting back. Or that he's waiting until Christmas. I have a lot of assumptions on the matter.

This guy not showing this honestly has pissed me off so fucking much. Like Jesus bro why would you do this???? What sick sense of humor do you have??? Hope everything is okay with him.

annoyed is prolly a better word than lissed. I’m unreasonably annoyed. Like I wish I bought it to stop having to wait

This guy not showing this honestly has pissed me off so fucking much. Like Jesus bro why would you do this???? What sick sense of humor do you have??? Hope everything is okay with him.
And this is where I now respect him.... So much..... Ultimate power move.
My Hero Football GIF by Manchester United

Game respects game.

I thought an auction couldn’t be cancelled once a bid had been made? This seems significantly out of line, IMO.

I think the correct way to proceed would have been to post accurate pictures, lower the starting bid (if desired, not a requirement) and allow any bidders to retract upon viewing the condition of the chips. Cancelling the auction is not an option

I thought an auction couldn’t be cancelled once a bid had been made? This seems significantly out of line, IMO.

I think the correct way to proceed would have been to post accurate pictures, lower the starting bid (if desired, not a requirement) and allow any bidders to retract upon viewing the condition of the chips. Cancelling the auction is not an option
it's against rule number 6, i've reached out to @Windwalker and he says he'll repost when his poker room is finished but it's been 4 months.

it's against rule number 6, i've reached out to @Windwalker and he says he'll repost when his poker room is finished but it's been 4 months.
Yeah I would not think that relisting at a later date is a substitute for breaking the community auction rules. And there may have been other folks that would have been willing to pay even more than you in spite of the updated condition photos, so anything short of continuing the auction and allowing retractions is out of line.

it's unlikely as he stated in the beginning of this specific mystery auction that these haven't been touched in around 18 months lol

it's unlikely as he stated in the beginning of this specific mystery auction that these haven't been touched in around 18 months lol
Facts.
Yeah I would not think that relisting at a later date is a substitute for breaking the community auction rules. And there may have been other folks that would have been willing to pay even more than you in spite of the updated condition photos, so anything short of continuing the auction and allowing retractions is out of line.
If he had canceled because he provided an inaccurate description of the chips but then immediately reposted the auction, I wouldn't have an issue (no harm no foul) even though it technically was a violation of the auction rules, but the fact that it wasn't reposted yet is pretty problematic.

Facts.

If he had canceled because he provided an inaccurate description of the chips but then immediately reposted the auction, I wouldn't have an issue (no harm no foul) even though it technically was a violation of the auction rules, but the fact that it wasn't reposted yet is pretty problematic.
that's why it's bothering me so much!

Facts.

If he cancelled close to the end or after having very little interest I'd probably have a different take. But he did it the same day he posted it after getting multiple people bidding. Cancelling an auction I think is the only fair path forward. It would have been nice to relist but I'm not going to hold that against him.

It would have been nice to relist but I'm not going to hold that against him.
I think you have to re-list in this scenario, otherwise, this sets a precedent whereby people may post an auction just to test the waters before making a judgment call based on the early auction action.

I think you have to re-list in this scenario, otherwise, this sets a precedent whereby people may post an auction just to test the waters before making a judgment call based on the early auction action.
That's a fair point.

definitely.
the rules are set in place to protect buyers.
if one person can break rule 6, everyone can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom