Am I the only one that is truly happy with Copag cards? (5 Viewers)

Reaction score
As the title states, I simply prefer Copag cards over everything else I have tried. They are reasonably priced, easy to obtain, have an "egg shell" texture I love, and I also really like their design/aesthetic. They are also durable. I once used the same set of cards for 2 years of very consistent use in a weekly home game.

These seem like a compromise for most, but they are my go-to set of cards.

thumbnail_20240824_173920.jpg

Copags are fine. I’d rank them better than average for all the premium plastic decks we mess around with here. Combine that with the facts that they’re easy to find and are $19 shipped from Amazon, and they should probably be on everybody’s top 5 list.

But it’s worth mentioning that the last setup I bought, those full bleed backs I think they’re called imports or exports or something, had the most powerful and long lasting PVC smell I’ve ever smelled in a deck of cards.

The top card float is pretty annoying and is noticeably worse than the Desjgn, Da Vinci, and Broken Arrow cards that I own.

Other than that, they’re fine. I’m definitely not joining in on the copag hate circlejerks.

As the title states, I simply prefer Copag cards over everything else I have tried. They are reasonably priced, easy to obtain, have an "egg shell" texture I love, and I also really like their design/aesthetic. They are also durable. I once used the same set of cards for 2 years of very consistent use in a weekly home game.

View attachment 1383873
Copags are great!

To be positive the quality and value are higher than modern day KEMs imo, and I think they hit 5th or 6th on my poker size list. Not sure they are in the top 8 for bridge size

yes you are the only one happy, just kidding but in all seriousness we just scrutinize and rank the hell out of things here and Copag falls towards the bottom of that ranking IMO so personally I don't use them because I enjoy other options more. However, the other side of the coin is "you do you" and use whatever you like. Information on how they fade, smell, float is great but you should not care at all what others think if you are happy with your cards/chips/tables.

Yeah, I wanna add that there’s nothing wrong with them (except for the top card slide), it’s just that there are other options that I would rank way higher.

Range of prices between so-so and amazing isn’t as big with cards as with chips, so I see no reason to settle with anything less than amazing.

View attachment 1383873
Since Faded Spade 3.0 or Desjgn isn't available in poker size/jumbo index/4-color, Copags are the only option at the moment if you use a Shuffletech. They have durability issues but they'll suffice for now.

Copags are the worst "premium class" cards I've ever used. I just don't understand the alure. They fade faster then any other card out there, they're not cheap, they stink, handling is so so but that's subjective. The only thing positive is they're sold everywhere. A $10 setup of Lot Fancy does everything better at half the price.

Last edited:
Copags are good for bulk use. You can go to several sites and get a box of a dozen sets for a good price per set. I use them at the Union Hall when we do our charity tournaments. Cheap, effective, easy. Best? Hell no, but the right price and the right usage makes them a name you need to know.

I enjoy my copags, the only issue I have is the top card sliding when I place the deck down. I haven’t expanded my wings yet, so I’m planning on getting a set of Desjgn’s to see how those compare.

The copags I've used a so damn stiff. I've settled on Desjgn. They shuffle like butter.
This is bananas to me, I find most COPAGs too flexy and my poker sized Desjgn much more textured and stiffer. Just preference I guess, I like both but prefer Desjgn for the reason you gave, they're so nice to handle.

I have a Brazil Copag setup from like 15 years ago, which are great. The new ones I bought last year smell so awful that they give me a headache shuffling them.
I think the Broken Arrow cards are the best shuffling cards right now (aside from non-bowed KEMs), and at $8 plus shipping for a two-deck setup, they’re a home run.

If any of you plan to switch to dealing by shoe, then Copags are worth trying out. The 'slipperiness' very much helps.

I'm lucky - I get no smell off my Copags whatsoever. The decks I use for my blackjack tourneys also have zero fade.

Copag is OK. I also like Classic which are cheaper. I am waiting on Faded Spades to release their new decks and I will purchase a set.

Since Faded Spade 3.0 or Desjgn isn't available in poker size/jumbo index/4-color, Copags are the only option at the moment if you use a Shuffletech. They have durability issues but they'll suffice for now.
I do use a shuffle tech, so the decision is kind of made for me. Luckily I am really happy with them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom