An era is really over (4 Viewers)

If the prices of quality clay chips truly just keep going up, then there is zero risk in buying them.

Say you buy a set from TCR for $1.75K, use it a few dozen times for a few years, then sell it for $3K.

You just got paid to borrow a set of Paulsons for a few years.

The real issue then is not actually the prices per se but the barrier to entry to those who can’t float the initial price for a few years.

If the prices of quality clay chips truly just keep going up, then there is zero risk in buying them.

Say you buy a set from TCR for $1.75K, use it a few dozen times for a few years, then sell it for $3K.

You just got paid to borrow a set of Paulsons for a few years.

The real issue then is not actually the prices per se but the barrier to entry to those who can’t float the initial price for a few years.

Thought exercise: what TCR sets fall under that category and how many years ago did the last example happen?

Off the top of my head I can only think of

PCA secondary
Aztar secondary

Some denoms for EJ sec
Jack Detroit and HSI have held their values for sure but I don’t see a doubling
Some Jack Cinci denoms

Everything else I think has either gone nowhere (not bad really), or down- especially the extensively played chips.

I would say for any newer members don’t expect your holdings to go up in value. Just buy the chips to enjoy them. Same logic for buying a car or luxury timepiece. If you care about the value, buy Tinas.

Okay, hold on, I thought this dude was complaining about the auctions that just took place, but now I just saw Jim is having an Oldschool chiproom sale for some AMAZING HOTSTAMPS.

Now I literally have no idea what was he even complaining about? The price? looks fair to me… cheaper than the NAGB chips and in my opinion way more collectable…

OK boomer. :)

See you on the 7th… I’ll be clicking for those 1k single chips.
BEB79D12-B2D8-46E3-8C6F-51A9C083BA2B.gif

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom