And now I need Chipcos? Where does it end? (1 Viewer)

I don't think Chipco ever produced chips without their infamous outer white circle, and I seriously doubt these are the only exception. I don't see any markings on the chips (on either the CV or Chipboard pics), but I think it's pretty safe to say that they aren't Chipcos.

EDIT: okay, looked harder, and the mark is definitely there on all tourney chips. GOCC it is.

170370.jpg

Thank you all for the correction. I actually breezed right past these because they were packaged in Chipco racks. Just going to change the listings to 'Ceramic'.

I went with custom ceramics for my set back in 2002 and had them made by Chipco. Then I had a new set made in 2014 by GameOn. I like both ceramic and clay for different reasons. The reason I did my custom sets in ceramic is that you can't do this (see photo below) with clay. This is the $1000 chip from the tourney set that I designed. GameOn used it in some promotional materials and on social media. You can do artwork right to the edge and on the edge with ceramics that just isn't possible or practical with a clay chip. The feel of the chips is personal preference clay vs. ceramic. Mostly only people on this forum would have a strong preference.

bearYellowGameOnCC_2014.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's some crazy-ass edge printing skills there...... ^^^^ yikes!

It is one edge. The artwork is below.

I had to talk GameOn into doing it as they were concerned I would not like it. I told them I would pay for the chips whether or not I liked the edge. I ordered enough to know if it turned out ok or not. I liked it so I ordered more to finish the set. If I had not liked it I had an alternate edge for the second order to finish the set.

1k_edge.png

Those bear chips are ridiculous. Very nicely done!

Reactions: Ken
The reason I did my custom sets in ceramic is that you can't do this (see photo below) with clay. This is the $1000 chip from the tourney set that I designed.
bearyellowgameoncc_2014-jpg.60719

That is some seriously great conception and execution, and a perfect example of how ceramics allow the use of the entire chip surface and rolling edge as a blank canvas.

Too many try to duplicate a traditional clay chip, which pretty much defeats the purpose of going with ceramics in the first place.

That is some seriously great conception and execution, and a perfect example of how ceramics allow the use of the entire chip surface and rolling edge as a blank canvas.

Yup. Standing ovation for those.

Reactions: Ken

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom