Angle fish at the home game totally baffled (41 Viewers)

Reaction score
For context

.05/.10 100bb starting stack friendly home game

We often find ourselves recruiting new players through the universities poker society. Our game needs that sweet student loan money to survive. 9/10 times these new recruits have been a pleasure to play with both as people and their game.

However tonight took a really bizzare turn. Tonights game had a lot of new players 9 max myself and three other regs the rest where newbies. All of em fine good sports except for this one dude. Lets name him Richard.

Now i had sooken to richard via whatsapp on my usual sessions of poaching the society for fresh fish. And after some vetting he got a seat. Day of the game hes invited other people into our whatsapp group without asking and showen up with this other random due lets name him trevor who ive never spoken to before or vetted.

I let him sit down as one of the regs had just left. We play maybe ten hands in and one of the new players turned me and told me “watch them play” after some observation it began to look like some real collusion by isolating each other and softplay. Secondly trevor was one of the worst anglers i had ever seen dude was constantly fwd motioning and trying to get reads by pushing and pulling various bet sizes for a reaction. Jokes on him because he clearly hadnt realised that most of us are amateurs and dont pick up on things like that.

In addition to this at one point trevor had folded and i could of sworn i heard “ahhh if you fold i fold” and i snapped back “what the fuck did you just say” granted i was at the other end of the table but my hearing isnt that bad he instantly got very defensive and said id misheard him.

All of this coupled with some of the most absurd wierdest plays ive seen and that is saying somthing considering how wild our game usually gets.

For example calling a 4 bet pre with 58o, 6x-9x open from middle position truley mind boggling to the point of either it being hyper intelligent or super dumb, safe to say i was baffled

HOWEVER i showed these fools what the fuck was when i went in the space of an hour, boat, flush, straight, quads and a set and just decimated thier stacks.

A few other folks after the game mentioned their odd behaviour and ive agreed to not invite them back.

in for £30 out for £98 so not bad overall just felt bad for the other players whose first game at ours is not the experience i want to provide

TLDR: new people at home game angled and colluded i took back 90% of their stacks.
Sorry for bad mobile editing and formatting its almost 3am and im 8 beers deep

So you’ve got two guys working together to cheat a game where the buyin is the price of a bottle of whiskey?
That’s just weird to me. Not that cheating is okay at any stakes. But I don’t get it.

A few other folks after the game mentioned their odd behaviour and ive agreed to not invite them back.

in for £30 out for £98 so not bad overall just felt bad for the other players whose first game at ours is not the experience i want to provide
Congrats on the win! Sleep the beers off, and then wake up kick them out of the WhatsApp group.

Post about what you think happened and how that won't be tolerated going forward. You've got to guard your game from that bullshit, and that kind of message will be a plus for the kind of players that you want to stick around. This type of crap would be frowned upon in any game but I'd come down on it even harder if I was running a beginner type game. Had a clown do that kind of stuff at one of my games, pretending to push his stack forward and acting out of turn, etc. My friend is still convinced I kicked his buddy out because he was "winning too much", na I'm not worried about the $7.50 I just don't want him filling a seat!

For context

.05/.10 100bb starting stack friendly home game

We often find ourselves recruiting new players through the universities poker society. Our game needs that sweet student loan money to survive. 9/10 times these new recruits have been a pleasure to play with both as people and their game.

However tonight took a really bizzare turn. Tonights game had a lot of new players 9 max myself and three other regs the rest where newbies. All of em fine good sports except for this one dude. Lets name him Richard.

Now i had sooken to richard via whatsapp on my usual sessions of poaching the society for fresh fish. And after some vetting he got a seat. Day of the game hes invited other people into our whatsapp group without asking and showen up with this other random due lets name him trevor who ive never spoken to before or vetted.

I let him sit down as one of the regs had just left. We play maybe ten hands in and one of the new players turned me and told me “watch them play” after some observation it began to look like some real collusion by isolating each other and softplay. Secondly trevor was one of the worst anglers i had ever seen dude was constantly fwd motioning and trying to get reads by pushing and pulling various bet sizes for a reaction. Jokes on him because he clearly hadnt realised that most of us are amateurs and dont pick up on things like that.

In addition to this at one point trevor had folded and i could of sworn i heard “ahhh if you fold i fold” and i snapped back “what the fuck did you just say” granted i was at the other end of the table but my hearing isnt that bad he instantly got very defensive and said id misheard him.

All of this coupled with some of the most absurd wierdest plays ive seen and that is saying somthing considering how wild our game usually gets.

For example calling a 4 bet pre with 58o, 6x-9x open from middle position truley mind boggling to the point of either it being hyper intelligent or super dumb, safe to say i was baffled

HOWEVER i showed these fools what the fuck was when i went in the space of an hour, boat, flush, straight, quads and a set and just decimated thier stacks.

TLDR: new people at home game angled and colluded i took back 90% of their stacks.
Sorry for bad mobile editing and formatting its almost 3am and im 8 beers deep
IMG_7698.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom