Cash Game Are you good enough? (2 Viewers)

joeblow69

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Are you able to lay down a full house if you think there is a better possible out there? I personally am not lol. Wanna see what others feel.

I've laid down a full house only a couple of times but it was pretty clear I was beat, based on the action up to that point.

However, only twice have I called with a full house and lost to a larger full house. Most of the time they have quads. :(

I've laid down a full house only a couple of times but it was pretty clear I was beat, based on the action up to that point.

However, only twice have I called with a full house and lost to a larger full house. Most of the time they have quads. :(
This. It’s hard but if I know they have quads or a bigger boat I’m doing it.

I've actually loosened up a lot. Instead of thinking "I must be beat, I fold" I think "I must be beat, but what do I know, I'm no poker god, I have no phone in my crotch. It's another X to call, so I need to be Y% sure that I'm beat to fold, which I'm not, so I call" and it has been profitable. I gave away far too many pots in my youth because "I was sure".

I think the only time I've folded a full house is when the board is double paired and I'm holding the lower card.

I have folded pocket queens pre-flop, does that count for anything? Probably not, because I'm a terrible poker player :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

However, only twice have I called with a full house and lost to a larger full house. Most of the time they
This. It’s hard but if I know they have quads or a bigger boat I’m doing it.
The chance of quads is so little it’s hard to believe someone actually has them lol. The worst when you snap call with a full house and they have quads
Depends on the game.

Much easier to lay down a full house in Omaha vs Holdem.
ive personally only played Omaha once or twice but I can imagine that being much easier

Yes. It has to be pretty obvious though. As has been indicated, Omaha is way easier than Holdem.

Calling with the full house to lose to a royal flush though. That is the rare air that I live in.

In my last home game, we played a mixed game Draw High / Ace to Give, both no limit, with the Joker and game changes every orbit.

A player drew one and got full house (aces - incl. the Joker - over kings --> the best full house).

In front of him, a player drew two cards and finished with quads of tens.

All their money went in the middle after the draw.

Player with the full house was first to act, he bet, got raised all-in by the two cards draw and called.

In this spot, I think I could have folded the max full house.

I laid a full house down over the weekend in a tourney not a cash game. Part of my decision was stay alive since it was an all in call, part of the decision was the opponent makes huge raises weakly to push people off their hands. However since there was alot of folds preflop, which scared me on available face cards left in play. I had only one queen in my hand with a queen and 2 jacks on the board, when the board paired again with my small kicker in hand making the boat the river bet was all in across the table. I laid down after several painful minutes of thinking and he showed quads

I laid down my flopped full house just last Friday night in my first live game since February. I had pocked 5s, and flop was 10-10-5. Turn was a 7, and river was another freaking 7. With two people calling, I knew I was beat, so I had to lay it down. Not much I could do about that.

Last night on WC online I was in BB and it was limped by 2 people and I checked my option.

flop came AA6. I bet pot ($1.50) with my 66xxx full house, 1 fold and 1 call. Turn is a 3 and Villain bets pot and I fold.

my low was pure crap, if he has an Ace (almost guaranteed), even if he isn’t filled up already he has 12 outs to fill up and could have the low already locked up. Most likely I would be called hoping to chop. Not worth calling a turn and river bet to get my $2 investment back and 25c of potential profit.

if I didn’t take the pot down with the flop bet I was done with the hand.

Yes, rarely. Though twice in Omaha (before I stopped playing it) I just called a raise on the river instead of jamming with top full against a player I knew well. Both times I was right and he had quads.

But back to the issue at hand, you should fold even more often if it's a one card full house.

In hold'em board texture means a lot. I mean if I have an underfull on a two pair board, I can fold that routinely.

On a single pair board it's tougher but still possible. I don't think I have ever laid top full house down ever, I can go broke to quads as infrequently as that happens.

Online game with friends, villain is best player by far. $0.5/$1 game but we are ~$300 effective.

Folds to villain on the button who raises to $3. I call in bb with 22.

Pot $6.50. Flop QTT. I check, villain bets $4, I call. Arguably terrible call but this villain bets this flop with his entire range.

Pot $14.50. Turn 5. We both check.

River 2, I dink my boat! I check to villain who bets pot. I min checkraise to $29. Villain thinks for a while and shoves. It's about $265 to call.

This villain is tough, and this bet is either super nuts or KJ. Think forever and fold.

He showed me HH later, he had QQ.

Are you able to lay down a full house if you think there is a better possible out there?
Are you kidding? I have the T-shirt....

A1ntnF3PJOL._AC_CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C81v6fCmpZCL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_UX342_.png

Are you able to lay down a full house if you think there is a better possible out there? I personally am not lol. Wanna see what others feel.

What game are we talking about? In NLHE it would be very tough. It would be player dependent and how the betting proceeded.

In PLO, or random circus games. Hell yes

I've just called with the 2nd nuts because I really felt villain had quads, but it was PLO which is different. He did have it.

How about a good game of scarney... if you don't have a boat run for the high!! The board doesn't need to pair!! That for some reason is hard for some players to understand!

So a while back @Lil Tuna drives up for a few beers, cigars and a friendly game... just NLHE. I flop quad Jack's... I make piddly $3 bets trying to let him catch up... not paying attention I knew the flush draw was there and it hit! He bets $28 at me, I snap call but don't push... that sneak little bastard pulls a baby 7-J straight flush on my ass and I never saw it coming!!

He jumps up and says how the f**k do you not shove there!! Well we are playing friendly cards, over 25% of our stack is in the pot... that was good enough!! Ohh and I'm a terrible card player! Lmao

Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the hand but wonderful afternoon!
20200516_160144.jpg

Smoking Cubans @AfterTheFact!!

How about a good game of scarney... if you don't have a boat run for the high!! The board doesn't need to pair!! That for some reason is hard for some players to understand!

So a while back @Lil Tuna drives up for a few beers, cigars and a friendly game... just NLHE. I flop quad Jack's... I make piddly $3 bets trying to let him catch up... not paying attention I knew the flush draw was there and it hit! He bets $28 at me, I snap call but don't push... that sneak little bastard pulls a baby 7-J straight flush on my ass and I never saw it coming!!

He jumps up and says how the f**k do you not shove there!! Well we are playing friendly cards, over 25% of our stack is in the pot... that was good enough!! Ohh and I'm a terrible card player! Lmao

Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the hand but wonderful afternoon!
View attachment 553084
Smoking Cubans @AfterTheFact!!
It was to the King my friend and nice job just flatting there. :rolleyes: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
522F7199-320A-491A-8A34-F93EDDCD5430.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom