Cash Game Are you good enough? (1 Viewer)

I don't I'm ever getting a way from full house in NLHE cash game. In a tournament with the right board I might fold.

The chance of quads is so little it’s hard to believe someone actually has them lol. The worst when you snap call with a full house and they have quads

ive personally only played Omaha once or twice but I can imagine that being much easier
With a full table and a few hundred hands, there should be at least one quad, more frequent imo than people give credit. Only 1/2 long sessions.

Hand last night made me think of this lol.

2/4. UTG straddle to 8, UTG+1 raise to 30, called by CO, Hero in the Button raises to 105 with 7d7s. UTG+1 / CO call. Flop 2d,7h,2h. Check around, turn 5c. CO bets 190, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds. River 8h, CO all-in 1228, hero snap calls. CO Shows 88.

Feelsbadlol.

Hand last night made me think of this lol.

2/4. UTG straddle to 8, UTG+1 raise to 30, called by CO, Hero in the Button raises to 105 with 7d7s. UTG+1 / CO call. Flop 2d,7h,2h. Check around, turn 5c. CO bets 190, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds. River 8h, CO all-in 1228, hero snap calls. CO Shows 88.

Feelsbadlol.
It sucks.
If you had raised the turn, maybe....

It sucks.
If you had raised the turn, maybe....

I think the correct play is to let them try and make a hand here, 4% chance you get two outered/stacked, but so many flushes / overpairs get me paid. Not unhappy with the play itself lol.

I think the correct play is to let them try and make a hand here
Well, they did :)
There has been noise in that hand right from the start. You can't rule out the CO having an even (much) bigger pair.
I agree upon checking the flop (though this might be the rare case to bet/raise in this situation) but IMHO the turn (after thanking God it was not a high card, the third to the CO's two hole cards) should have been raised by hero.
Again, success wouldn't be guaranteed in a very LAG table, admittedly.
@DrStrange: thoughts, sir?

Are you able to lay down a full house if you think there is a better possible out there? I personally am not lol. Wanna see what others feel.
Depends if it is highes possible full house and how good you know your opponents

In general, of course you can fold full houses in hold'em games. Double paired boards with the bottom boat and the action gets going? That's a fold. Underfull gets check raised by one of the passive players, that could be a fold too. How about three of a kind on the board? Lots of full house hands are barely better than junk.

In specific, posting a hand deep in a preexisting thread is not optimal. If the hand is worth while, it should get it's own stand alone thread. As is - don't slow play. Let's hope someone has a two and is trapping. Or they have an overpair. Or they have a flush draw for which they will pay to draw. Charge them a price on the flop.

Hero isn't ever going to find a fold once he raises preflop, the pot is huge and so is hero's hand. CO got terrible odds { not that he knew this } and got really lucky.

DrStrange

Well, they did :)
There has been noise in that hand right from the start. You can't rule out the CO having an even (much) bigger pair.
I agree upon checking the flop (though this might be the rare case to bet/raise in this situation) but IMHO the turn (after thanking God it was not a high card, the third to the CO's two hole cards) should have been raised by hero.
Again, success wouldn't be guaranteed in a very LAG table, admittedly.
@DrStrange: thoughts, sir?

I mean, are you really scared of high cards? No 4 bet so that really removes AA-QQ possibly even JJ. In hindsight for pocket pairs 8-J that match the flat are more dangerous. I mean the two literal outs either I got caught with quad deuces, or they make a higher full house, which again a lot of range removal cause no 4bet

I think I’d be able to do it but it would be on a live stream game and I would have to have access to other’s hole cards via my cell phone in my lap. Although sometimes I need to make the call just to not make it obvious I know he has a bigger boat. :D

In all seriousness, folding a full house in holdem is rare but all depends on board texture. In Omaha or BigO...not so tough.

One fold I’ll never forget was in a live 2/5 PLO game a long time ago when no one was very good at PLO...myself included. It was a 5 way raised hand and and I had TT89. Flop comes AT5 with two hearts. Someone leads into preflop raise, he pots it and I lay it down. It ends up being a 3 way all in for a ~$4500 pot. Really, the only reason I remember this hand was because the turn was the case T. :banghead::banghead::banghead: Preflop raiser had the AA, guy who lead into him had the 55 and third guy had straight/flush draw.

Took me alot of heartache etc.. to get to the point I am now but I would like to think I can make a good lay down when needed some of the time, Incuding laying down a premium hand like that. Lol very tough though.

Are you able to lay down a full house if you think there is a better possible out there? I personally am not lol. Wanna see what others feel.
I laid down the nut full house (KK on K559J board) on the river for one more bet in a limit game at a circuit event in San Diego a few years back. Checked around on the flop and turn. Then bet raise reraise folded face up on the river to old man coffee. Table went nuts. Then he showed his 55.

Attachments

• Stuart_Smalley.jpg
    Stuart_Smalley.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 57
With a full table and a few hundred hands, there should be at least one quad, more frequent imo than people give credit. Only 1/2 long sessions.
That's still not often enough to worry about them, in my book.

The problem I've run into a few times, when up against quads, is when they're made with low pocket pairs. On a lot of board textures, I'm sitting there saying, he only thing he could really have here is trips or a bluff. And based on how the hand was played, I KNOW he doesn't have trips. And I'm right - he doesn't have trips.

I have folded KK twice preflop in live cash action. First time I was correct. Got to see the aces. 2nd time another player also had KK...and lost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom