Best 1000 capacity briefcase style chip case? (1 Viewer)

Feeling like I'm being unavoidably pulled into this ultimate solution. Helps a LOT that you can lock the drawers. Will need to scale back collection or buy two sarges, though.

Got link?
Why not go with an over/under? One comes pre-built, both strong as heck. Same manufacturer on both.

image.jpg

Yep, that's exactly what I had in mind when I earlier referenced an extra-large Sarge.

This isn't a briefcase style, but here's about a $20-25 solution that will hold 1,600 chips in 4x25 boxes. It's the range bag on the left of the first pic. This is a great storage solution, and it's not a bad transport solution either.

RB 1 -- 20170216.jpg RB M1600 - 20170218.jpg

These are on clearance at Home Depot for $99 if you can find one in store.

IMG_0084.jpg

The only downside I see with the sarge is getting chips from point "A" to point "B". If the chip case in in your cardroom (like you saw at Ben's), this becomes a no-brainer idea. However, if you are storing in a garage, on another floor, or down the hall, you will be walking a lot or loading and unloading a birdcage just to get chips to the table. A big deal if you are pitching a 2-table limit game.

While I'm not a big fan of aluminum cases, I have them for the tertiary sets that see little play. Since they only hit the table once a year (or less) the 1000 chip case works fine because the chips are not being transported outside the house or for long distances. I can be very cautious carrying it across the house. I use one hand on the handle and one hand on the underside of the case to reduce strain on the handle. I am very cognizant of the possibility of latch failure, and keep a finger on the lid just in case - 1000 chips are best carried very close to the body.

The last 2 cases I bought were from Apache for $29.95. They are good enough for what I need them to do.

The only downside I see with the sarge is getting chips from point "A" to point "B".
That's exactly what I was thinking, based on what it sounds like @jbutler is looking to do.
I wonder if there exist any big trays that would fill the entire drawer and be removable to carry to the table?
But that sounds like a recipe for disaster too.
I don't suppose those drawers themselves are removable?

That's exactly what I was thinking, based on what it sounds like @jbutler is looking to do.
I wonder if there exist any big trays that would fill the entire drawer and be removable to carry to the table?
But that sounds like a recipe for disaster too.
I don't suppose those drawers themselves are removable?

The drawers hold between 1200 and 1400 chips depending on how comfortable you are using different sized racks, so probably not advisable to try to navigate a wide, deep drawer even if you are able to move it. My purpose is only storage, though, so it would work well. Only downside is that I would need to add to the cost estimate racks for a lot of chips that are currently in cardboard chip boxes or various other cases.

I can get 1300/drawer (the slim ones, obv) in regular racks in my sarge. It took a bit of tetris-ing to figure out but it works nicely.

I love it. It's in my poker room so getting chips to and from the table is easy peasy.

I might need to order another one soon.

They do make 1000-chip plastic trays (sorry, no link) that are reasonably sturdy (although appropriately heavy when filled) that may fit nicely in a Sarge drawer.

A local poker friend has a chip vault which is filled with many racks of cash chips, but he keeps his entire tourney set on one shelf in a 1000-chip tray, which he can carry the short distance from vault to table.

If it's just storage (and they're not really going to be used) I would strongly recommend MFRBs. I'll PM you the address that should be placed on said box...

If it's just storage (and they're not really going to be used) I would strongly recommend MFRBs. I'll PM you the address that should be placed on said box...

How inconsiderate -- that's way too much work.

Jack, just dump all those the chips in shopping or trash bags and let me know when to swing by your place to pick them up.

Last edited:
I'm much closer, and can even deliver when he (temporarily) needs them back. Unless they are dice chips...... :cautious:

They do make 1000-chip plastic trays (sorry, no link) that are reasonably sturdy (although appropriately heavy when filled) that may fit nicely in a Sarge drawer.

A local poker friend has a chip vault which is filled with many racks of cash chips, but he keeps his entire tourney set on one shelf in a 1000-chip tray, which he can carry the short distance from vault to table.

I have a few of these and I've considered buying more. I doubt they'll fit in a sarge drawer unfortunately. Still, a decent option. Those sarges look damn enticing, though.

I'm much closer, and can even deliver when he (temporarily) needs them back. Unless they are dice chips...... :cautious:

3k of them are Bud Jones which, to some around here, are more or less the same as dice chips...

If you have the space, keep an eye out for office furniture sales or someone getting rid of a map file type cabinet. I found one for free from an office that was closing down and it is absolutey perfect for chip racks. You can fit a ton of chips per drawer and plenty strong enough even if loaded with over 2,000 chips/drawer.

IMG_1730.JPG

These need a name. I'm nominating Sarge+ or Super Sarge.

sargeplus.jpg

If anything it should be mini-Sarge, no? I would expect that this is Super Sarge (which is available here):

OvzNNjp.png

lol, yes, I considered that one when I got mine but VERY wide and didn't know if I'd use the center section.

lol, yes, I considered that one when I got mine but VERY wide and didn't know if I'd use the center section.

Plus the drawers don't lock which I don't like. I'm sure I could find some good uses for the center section, though.

Plus the drawers don't lock which I don't like. I'm sure I could find some good uses for the center section, though.

You could store this sandwich station in the center section when you're not using it on the counter top. :p

HRS-20.jpg

You could store this sandwich station in the center section when you're not using it on the counter top. :p

View attachment 85886

I have one of those sandwich makers sans the bun warmer... It's in play every week! ;)

Good solution for a quick bite without greasing up the chips and cards... Until some smart ass decides to bring frozen taquitos instead of franks...

I have one of those sandwich makers sans the bun warmer... It's in play every week! ;)

Good solution for a quick bite without greasing up the chips and cards... Until some smart ass decides to bring frozen taquitos instead of franks...

You had me at "I have one of those".

Booking my flight as we speak...

Wish I had bought the larger one as I've filled mine and had to move chips out. Not a huge deal but would be nice to have them all in one place locked up. If I ever get more chips I might have to consider selling some that I currently have. Other negative is that the top drawer get impeded with the bar across the front, I much prefer the bar on the sides.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom