Best Bond... James Bond (1 Viewer)

I grew up watching Sean Connery. He “Is” James Bond. Favorite movie, tough to pick just one. But, it would have to be From Russia with Love or Goldfinger. Daniel Craig is runner up for the best Bond. One of the best theme songs is definitely Skyfall. Damn that rivals any of the OG Bond theme songs. What a great song and vocal performance by Adel!

But she was so hot in that movie lol. I'm probably biased because that's my favourite bond movie too and I thought they worked well together.

She is hot. I like tall, skinny. brunettes. They're are some kind girls in the older flicks that can only be described in one word....WOW

But she was so hot in that movie lol. I'm probably biased because that's my favourite bond movie too and I thought they worked well together.

You ever watch the series "Penny Dreadful". Stars Eva Green. She is pretty awesome in it.
You have to like weird and fucked up though.

I think I changed my mind. Jill Masterson edges Plenty now that I think about it some more.

Connery's best is From Russia With Love. Best kill was the straight up assassination of the professor in Dr. No.
Moore's best is Live And Let Die. Best kill was dumping Blofeld down the chimney.
Dalton's best is Licence to Kill. The depressurization tank was the most sinister Bond kill ever.

I watched some Brosnan and Craig, but Denise Richards the nuke scientist or a plot about stealing water are weak sauce. I cannot comment on them intelligently. And I remember Telly Savalas more from Majesty's Secret Service than Lazenby.
Telly Savalas is the best Blofeld so far... pity he only made the one appearance.

Watched an interesting doco on Lazenby a while back....told them to shove it after the one-off.
It was crazy. He was meant to do sequels and his agent decided that he was too big for Bond (his only previous role was advertising chocolate bars). When the producers found out he was leaving they trashed him and his performance in the press BEFORE they had even released the film. They really shot themselves in the foot.
I think it’s one of the best Bond movies.

It was crazy. He was meant to do sequels and his agent decided that he was too big for Bond (his only previous role was advertising chocolate bars). When the producers found out he was leaving they trashed him and his performance in the press BEFORE they had even released the film. They really shot themselves in the foot.
I think it’s one of the best Bond movies.
If i remember right he came out of nowhere, done the movie then went back into obscurity, don't think he really cared for the Hollywood life. Interesting fellow and life.

And Skyfall. He's still English lol. Bon Scott was born in Scotland too but he's been reclaimed by the Aussies lol.
Bon Scott is a Freo Boy, his family still live nearby.
Best front man eva
Remember seeing him just before he left to go to England, doing a few laps in my mates done-up XD V8 in Fremantle 1979. Legend

Last edited:
And Skyfall. He's still English lol. Bon Scott was born in Scotland too but he's been reclaimed by the Aussies lol.
I think Bond would be better with a Glasgow accent :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: “Gie’s peace wae yur rockets Drax ya fud or al boot ye in the baws”

Same as Angus and Malcolm. They were born in Glasgow. Bonn Scott was Kirriemuir I think...

Best front man eva
Remember seeing him just before he left to go to England, doing a few laps in my mates done-up XD V8 in Fremantle 1979. Legend
I managed to get you both with that one. Two birds with one stone lol. I took a walk around Freo last week and stopped to have a quick look at his statue. Definitely a legend.

Best front man eva
They’re performances at the Glasgow Apollo are still talked about today. I saw them at Hampden with Brian Johnson a few years ago and was magic.

This thread is worthless without pics

images.jpeg.jpg

ObDerail:

The ship used in License To Kill was leased from the US Geological Survey. The USGS got it from the US Coast Guard who seized it, after firing upon it, in a drug interdiction (it was full of pot). I think it was originally called the Polaris (?) (American Marine Corporation, New Orleans 1964, Hull Number 889 ).

It was renamed the J W Powell by the USGS, for James Wesley Powell (from Wikipedia):
(March 24, 1834 – September 23, 1902) was a U.S. soldier, geologist, explorer of the American West, professor at Illinois Wesleyan University, and director of major scientific and cultural institutions. He is famous for the 1869 Powell Geographic Expedition, a three-month river trip down the Green and Colorado rivers, including the first official U.S. government-sponsored passage through the Grand Canyon.

Powell served as second director of the U.S. Geological Survey (1881–1894) and proposed, for development of the arid West, policies that were prescient for his accurate evaluation of conditions. He became the first director of the Bureau of Ethnology at the Smithsonian Institution during his service as director of the U.S. Geological Survey,[1]where he supported linguistic and sociological research and publications.

How do I know so much about this ship?
The research group that I worked for bought the ship from the USGS for like $1 in 1991 and used it until about 2000 when it was sold to it's current owner. I spent more time on that boat than I care to remember - Gulf of Mexico, off West Africa and the eastern coast of Brazil.

The Wavekrest in License to Kill (1989)

The R/V JW Powell (more or less as she is today)

Triva: In the movie you can see the bridge throttles are two colors, one brass and the other chrome. That's the way they were when we had the ship.

ObDerail:

The ship used in License To Kill was leased from the US Geological Survey. The USGS got it from the US Coast Guard who seized it, after firing upon it, in a drug interdiction (it was full of pot). I think it was originally called the Polaris (?) (American Marine Corporation, New Orleans 1964, Hull Number 889 ).

It was renamed the J W Powell by the USGS, for James Wesley Powell (from Wikipedia):
(March 24, 1834 – September 23, 1902) was a U.S. soldier, geologist, explorer of the American West, professor at Illinois Wesleyan University, and director of major scientific and cultural institutions. He is famous for the 1869 Powell Geographic Expedition, a three-month river trip down the Green and Colorado rivers, including the first official U.S. government-sponsored passage through the Grand Canyon.

Powell served as second director of the U.S. Geological Survey (1881–1894) and proposed, for development of the arid West, policies that were prescient for his accurate evaluation of conditions. He became the first director of the Bureau of Ethnology at the Smithsonian Institution during his service as director of the U.S. Geological Survey,[1]where he supported linguistic and sociological research and publications.

How do I know so much about this ship?
The research group that I worked for bought the ship from the USGS for like $1 in 1991 and used it until about 2000 when it was sold to it's current owner. I spent more time on that boat than I care to remember - Gulf of Mexico, off West Africa and the eastern coast of Brazil.

The Wavekrest in License to Kill (1989)
View attachment 278066

The R/V JW Powell (more or less as she is today)
View attachment 278067

Triva: In the movie you can see the bridge throttles are two colors, one brass and the other chrome. That's the way they were when we had the ship.
I’ll take your word for it about the throttles as I’m not going to sit through the movie again :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom