CPC General discussion thread (49 Viewers)

More chips incoming?!
1711043571998.gif

Question - I see on the CPC site that for every 100 chips you are allowed to add another denomination. What is the minimum required quantity for each denomination?

For example, for a cash set would I need to order an entire rack of 500s?

Question - I see on the CPC site that for every 100 chips you are allowed to add another denomination. What is the minimum required quantity for each denomination?

No, for example you could do 200/80/80/40 and have 4 different denoms because you ordered 400 chips.

Edit: I went back and looked at questions to David for my orders and in one of them he said “You can get any breakdown providing there are only 2 denoms with 50 or less qty.” I assume that would still be the case. So for a 400 chip order you could get 4 different denoms and 2 of those could be for less than 50 chips.

Last edited:

No, you can do less than 100 if you don’t meet the minimum like @Tonysquander mentioned. I did similar with cash set barrel and paid a “small quantity premium” which still ended up being a lot cheaper than buying a full rack of high denom chips.

No, you can do less than 100 if you don’t meet the minimum like @Tonysquander mentioned. I did similar with cash set barrel and paid a “small quantity premium” which still ended up being a lot cheaper than buying a full rack of high denom chips.
Oh, yeah forgot they will do that too…add a small premium to fill a slightly unusual order amount. @Nickamas just email him, he is responsive and will let you know what he is willing to do.

No, for example you could do 200/80/80/40 and have 4 different denoms because you ordered 400 chips.

Edit: I went back and looked at questions to David for my orders and in one of them he said “You can get any breakdown providing there are only 2 denoms with 50 or less qty.” I assume that would still be the case. So for a 400 chip order you could get 4 different denoms and 2 of those could be for less than 50 chips.

Perfect thanks a lot guys

Finally got them! The whole family is here! At first I was a little upset that they came out a little less bright than I expected when I opened the box... But, as soon as I washed them with soap, they just burst in like a rainbow!
IMG_20241014_161353.jpg

Saturn is the most complex color. In daylight it looks fantastic. (In principle, this is logical, because sunlight contains about 7% ultraviolet) But, in lamplight it fades....
IMG_20241014_171255.jpg
IMG_20241014_171130.jpg

Last edited:
Saturn on the 614?? Definitely a tricky one to use.
100%
It's hard to explain... When you look at it in good light, bright day, it will burn, like in this picture.
Screenshot_20241014_211215.jpg

But, if you dim the light, it turns into something dirty, a little green... but with a well-chosen table light, it will be a bomb!
Without flash.
IMG_20241014_211941_edit_330852203642744.jpg

With flash.
IMG_20241014_211955_edit_330870094035449.jpg

In daylight, in very cloudy weather (it was raining outside).
IMG_20241014_212236_edit_330974191599496.jpg

I think fluorescent and/or LED light is the worst for any chip... sapping the vibrancy out of all colors.

Regardless, I still haven't found a good use for DG saturn in any of my sets (nor future plans). It's color in the design tool is nicer than it is in person regardless of the light.

DG Saturn worked well for that Retro Green-base T25.

It will usually work well with various blues too. Even the otherwise "disgusting", "mustard" CPC Yellow can work well with darker blues.
1729032059631.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom