CPC WSOP Non-hold 'em Tourney Chip Tributes (2 Viewers)

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Spent a bit of time dicking around during a conference call matching these up. Some could probably be improved using available colors; others are as close as we can currently get imo.

Below, T5 through T100k plus secondary T5k and T25k.

tFjO81E.png

I'm less interested in replicating the inlay for my own purposes (I might want to incorporate elements of the original, but too early to say). More concerned with the colors.

Chips I think could use improvement are:

T100: Went back and forth between green and imp blue. I think imp blue is closer, but it's tough.
T5k: Tried pink base with arc yellow spots which are more in line with the GCOP colors, but maybe retro lav/dg pink are closer to the actual chip.
T25k: Between green and retro green for base since no real good turquoise-ish option. I would likely not have any T25ks in my own set, so didn't spend too much time with it.
T5k (secondary): Used retro red for top spot, but original is really closer to a salmon. Original bottom is more of a dark charcoal, but maroon seems to work okay. Again, wouldn't order, so didn't bust my ass trying to match.
T25k (secondary): Both the original and this replica are kind of fugly imo. Chocolate might work better than light chocolate, though.

Thoughts, proposed improvements?

I have mocked these up as well and I really like imperial blue and orange spots on the T100 chip. Maybe a lighter shade on the T1000? That's all I can think of at the moment.

EDIT: I also used DG Tiger and grey spots on the T25k when I mocked them up.

To me the biggest concern is the T5k. It just doesn't look quite right in my mockup. I'll have to break out the color sample set and see it more clearly in person.

should post some pics of the originals so people can see the comparison, the originals are beautiful

Yepp. Boner. I will play with the color sample set at weekend and try to check the colors out also. These will look good [emoji4]

I'm thinking arc yellow may be the best available choice for the T1000. Not a fan of the non-pink T5000 at all.

Would $500 look better with blurple?

I don't think so. The original has a distinctly blue tone to my eyes. Of course, this is despite the fact the original is actually Paulson's Blurple according to Gaming Ore on CT:

25,000 INDIAN BLUE WITH LAS VEGAS CARROT AND MINT GREEN
5000 FUSCHI WITH OFF WHITE LAS VEGAS AND RADIENT RED
1000 ARC YELLOW WITH MOSS LAS VEGAS GREEN AND RED
500 BLURPLE WITH APPRICOT LAS VEGAS AND AQUA
100 GREY WITH RUSSET AND LAS VEGAS SEA GREEN
25 LIME GREEN WITH ORCHID LAS VEGAS AND GRAPE
5 ROYAL RED WITH BAHAMA LAS VEGAS BLUE AND MUSTARD

Not a fan of the non-pink T5000 at all.

I agree, but I don't really see a better alternative yet without using arc yellow for the spot as was done on the GCOP set. Maybe ultimately the choice will be between pink base with arc yellow spot or retro lavender base with dg pink spot.

Was thinking maroon may be closer spot for the 25.

And agree with Dave no pink 5000 = :( can we start on @David Spragg for a dg salmon?

Took @manamongkids suggestion on the blurple T500 base and @BGinGA suggestion on the arc yellow base for the T1k. Tried dg pink and arc yellow for the T5k. Still torn on that one, but agree that I would much rather a pink base than a purple family base if I can live with the non-pink spot.

I think I'm sold on the arc yellow T1k and I can see the blurple T500 despite my statement above. Opinions?

Iw5QddS.png

I think that 5000 looks better but doesn't seem right. Don't have my samples on me but would new pink and dg pink have enough contrast between them.

Don't have my samples on me but would new pink and dg pink have enough contrast between them.

I suspect not enuff contrast.

Great looking lineup. Really digging the Blurple addition!

Yeah I want it to work, but as @Toby said, not enough contrast imo. There's not a tremendous amount of contrast in the original, but there's more than seen below.

iaXmp3V.png

I definitely like the arc yellow and blurple better as well. The pink with the arc yellow is the same way I have it in my mock ups. Although it's not ideal I think it's a good solution. Wish we could get a sample 5k chip to check the contrast.

Here's what I mocked up a while ago just for kicks. I used the Four Suits inlay just as a placeholder.

download%201_zpsgx3mpng8.png

Looks like we're on the same page for a lot of it. I guess that is another possibility for the T5k, so that makes three options I can see now:

(1) retro lav / dg pink;
(2) dg pink / arc yellow; or
(3) dg pink / mandarin or retro red.

Still not totally taken with any of the options. Maybe our lobbyists @Toby and @stocky can help ;)

Looking at separate photos of Paulson color samples for fuschia and radiant red they don't look super close to what is in the photos of the actual set, but different photos with different lighting can do that. Maybe someone with a Paulson color sample set and put them right next to one another in the same photo.

Spinetti's had photos of a full sample set and closer photos of groups of the chips, but it's not super helpful:

uDzdkKJ.png

cBtMY2G.png

yo8qBV7.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom