CPC WSOP Non-hold 'em Tourney Chip Tributes (3 Viewers)

I think we've got it pretty nailed down with just a couple colors in contention.

Now to turn the conversation around entirely: if you decided NOT to try to do a "tribute" inlay design, would you absolutely keep all the original colors or would you then modify the colors to your taste, but keeping the 6A18 spot pattern?

Well, I think you know my answer ;)

What colors would you change? Would the people you play with know they are a tribute set, if so would they care? Fair about of blue in the set (looking at BG's) and the 100 & 1000 seem muted compared to the others with brighter colors.

I could buy a full set of the actual WSOP chips and my players would be so focused on the gambool that it would take them half a session to even notice. It would be like giving a doubloon to a degenerate scratching off lotto tickets.

I've mocked up a hundred different altered versions over the years. Tough to beat some of those combos, but as you mention, I think the T1k could be a bit brighter.

What colors would you change? Would the people you play with know they are a tribute set, if so would they care? Fair about of blue in the set (looking at BG's) and the 100 & 1000 seem muted compared to the others with brighter colors.

If I went off script, I'd go something like this. I'm not that happy with the T25 here, but I love the rest of the chips.

yNG1rSc.png

I wonder if CPC can double punch 318, how come it can't be made with 418...

I thought about this and I don't see why it couldn't be done. But it will obviously be a level 12 or something and David just hasn't gotten that high on his chart yet.

I could be wrong, and chances are I am, but I recall in another post he mentioned that if you think of a three leg stool it never wobbles but a four leg chair does. So if there is unequal pressure on the chip it will shatter. The three punch will have equal pressure the four punch might not.

Because then I'd be broke. That's why ;)

I could be wrong, and chances are I am, but I recall in another post he mentioned that if you think of a three leg stool it never wobbles but a four leg chair does. So if there is unequal pressure on the chip it will shatter. The three punch will have equal pressure the four punch might not.

Fine, I suppose that might be a more plausible reason than my reason above :p

Good memory. I think you're right.

Yepp, that was the reason. I recalled, I've read something about it before, somewhere. But just couldn't figure out where and when. Thanks.

Well, if not making near-life tributes, you could always consider something like this -- same colors:

View attachment 23882
yNG1rSc.png

Funnily, those are actually cheaper than the 6A18s :)

But if we're going entirely off the reservation, I may as well run wild:

9tjOqWz.png

BTW, it takes a lot of willpower not to just directly ape @stocky's epic pink chip from the Iron Bank series. That is one amazing chipe.

Another option, I think a little better. The T100 would be the variation with the fat center spot and the skinny side spots:

Qgv7FfW.png

Funnily, those are actually cheaper than the 6A18s :)

But if we're going entirely off the reservation, I may as well run wild:

9tjOqWz.png

BTW, it takes a lot of willpower not to just directly ape @stocky's epic pink chip from the Iron Bank series. That is one amazing chipe.

Another option, I think a little better. The T100 would be the variation with the fat center spot and the skinny side spots:

Qgv7FfW.png

I like the Bee hundo :)

Regarding the 18 spots I recall David saying there was no 418 punch only a 218 punch. So 818 would need to be punch 4 times = $$$$$

That's why the 414/418 costs a lot. It's punched 3 times.

Regarding the 18 spots I recall David saying there was no 418 punch only a 218 punch. So 818 would need to be punch 4 times = $$$$$

That's why the 414/418 costs a lot. It's punched 3 times.

Christ I knew this as well and had forgotten it. I knew my short term memory was shit. Shame about the long term as well.

BTW, @stocky do you recall what level your Iron Bank 5k was? Don't think it's listed even on the big long cheat sheet.

IMG_8435.JPG

got this sample set in the mail today for WSOP tributes and all I could think about was this thread @jbutler , I wonder how a quality ceramic would turn out using the similar edgespots, for me they would have to be aligned (which I believe is an upcharge per chip)

View attachment 28953

got this sample set in the mail today for WSOP tributes and all I could think about was this thread @jbutler , I wonder how a quality ceramic would turn out using the similar edgespots, for me they would have to be aligned (which I believe is an upcharge per chip)

Small edge spots are harder to align apparently. More noticeable if slightly off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom