CPC WSOP Non-hold 'em Tourney Chip Tributes (1 Viewer)

Looking at separate photos of Paulson color samples for fuschia and radiant red they don't look super close to what is in the photos of the actual set, but different photos with different lighting can do that. Maybe someone with a Paulson color sample set and put them right next to one another in the same photo.

FWIW, the Private Cardroom 500 base is Fuschia, and there is a Radiant Red spot on the 25.

FWIW, the Private Cardroom 500 base is Fuschia, and there is a Radiant Red spot on the 25.

Awesome - thanks, John!

A quick google image search returns a couple of helpful images.

Anyone have both Private Cardroom or WTH&C chips as well as a current CPC color sample set to compare? It looks like the base would most closely match regular pink with the second best option being retro lavender. The spot will be tougher as we expected.

TXLeRo1.png

IXuqrd6.png

Anyone have both Private Cardroom or WTH&C chips as well as a current CPC color sample set to compare? It looks like the base would most closely match regular pink with the second best option being retro lavender. The spot will be tougher as we expected.

Other than pink/dg pink which has limited contrast (although I would say the same about fuschia/radiant red based on my samples), retro lav/dg pink seems like the closest option..

Other than pink/dg pink which has limited contrast (although I would say the same about fuschia/radiant red based on my samples)...

So in your opinion pink/dg pink is the closest to the original?

@jbutler is there actual intent to create these or are these just for funzies? I think these would look awesome

Started mocking up and getting design ideas together a long while ago (see my 2011 thread on CT here) before the CPC color palette had expanded and decided it didn't work well enough with available CPC colors. Then the BCC GCOP GB happened, but I didn't get on board for fear of the dreaded BCC QC disaster. Plus I kind of wanted my own style of inlay design that different from that which was ultimately decided upon by the BCC GB organizers.

So I guess the answer is that now I'm rethinking whether the set would work with CPC's color palette as it is now and if it will I will move forward. I'd love for it to work. Of course, since I very, very, very rarely spread tourneys and these chips would cost $3.66 each, it will be a small set, likely a single-table tourney set.

Pug, what do you think for the spot color on the T5k?

Even if it differs a bit I would go for DG Pink with Bright White and DG Peach.
If you choose Retro Lavender as base, then I would go with Retro Lavender with DG Pink and Bright White

But DG Pink with Bright White and DG Peach would be my choice.

Played some and here are my choices:

T5 mandarin red w/ butterscotch and dg peacock
T25 dg green or light green w/ purple and lavender
T100 gray w/ light blue and chocolate
T500 blurple w/ dg peacock and dg arc yellow
T1000 dg arch yellow w/ retro green and retro red
T5000 dg link w/ dg peach and bright white
T25000 green W/ light green and dg tiger
or if you want to go those "q-pie" secondaries then
T25000 dg tiger w/ chocolate

T25K green is very difficult to choose. I though imperial blue for a while, but in the end, it should be green.
Hope these help.

Ah, I noticed those q-pie secondaries have three different colors.
Then I guess the colors in the OP are perfect for those chips.

Played some and here are my choices:

T5 mandarin red w/ butterscotch and dg peacock
T25 dg green or light green w/ purple and lavender
T100 gray w/ light blue and chocolate
T500 blurple w/ dg peacock and dg arc yellow
T1000 dg arch yellow w/ retro green and retro red
T5000 dg link w/ dg peach and bright white
T25000 green W/ light green and dg tiger
or if you want to go those "q-pie" secondaries then
T25000 dg tiger w/ chocolate

T25K green is very difficult to choose. I though imperial blue for a while, but in the end, it should be green.
Hope these help.

KQ7s6bK.png

I'm liking the change from retro green to green for the T25k and I'm in agreement now that arc yellow beats dg peach by a mile for the T1k base. Still on the fence about the T5k.

Don't think I agree with butterscotch for the T5 or light blue for the T100, though. Butterscotch looks a lot darker than the original to me. Maybe not dg yellow like I had, though. Maybe canary. And I think the light blue will get lost on the grey chip. Maybe dg peacock instead of my imp blue suggestion, though?

This set is looking to have a lot of cock. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Butterscotch might be too dark for T5, you are right. Might try some lighter color, but there really aren't that many. Canary might do the trick.
If you see the pics of the original T100, the gray and blue are so close to each other, the blue almost gets lost to gray. Might also try lighter brown with it.

100.jpg

Oh and I forgot that white T100K. That is perfect as it is.

Light chocolate on hundo?

Yeah I think light choc is preferable. I'm sold on @Puggy's combo of dg pink/dg peach/bright white for the T5k. I also really like pug's T25k over my original. The regular green looks quite a bit better which is great, but now I'd be tempted to get denoms up to T100k so I could get that sweet ass white chipe.

Another pug suggestion I like is keeping the blue spot on the T100 closer to the gray base. I think dg cock does that well and still allows it to be seen a bit more than light blue would. Of course, that means half the chips in the set will be cock chips, but what can ya do?

xqtNpMn.png

Lite choc looks perfect in T100, mch better than choco. Yep, that white is a killer chips.
DG Cock looks to be perfect in T100 too. Great choice. DG Peacock FTW ;)

Samples sets available yes?

Lite choc looks perfect in T100, mch better than choco. Yep, that white is a killer chips.
DG Cock looks to be perfect in T100 too. Great choice. DG Peacock FTW ;)

Samples sets available yes?

Haven't even decided on a design concept yet. My current idea is a version of the real chip, but with my cat Pumpkin's face in rainbow over the top and the text being "World Series of Pumpkin". Not sure I can commit to that, but I love the absurdity of it.

Not meaning to sound condescending, but the T100 just doesn't seem to have the same amount of contrast as the other chips.

Also, this could be a very expensive set. With each chip being a level 9, we're looking at $3.67/chip. Are you planning on running any kind of group buy on these @jbutler?

Not meaning to sound condescending, but the T100 just doesn't seem to have the same amount of contrast as the other chips.

Also, this could be a very expensive set. With each chip being a level 9, we're looking at $3.67/chip. Are you planning on running any kind of group buy on these @jbutler?

Doesn't sound condescending at all. I'll have to do a true color comparison IRL after I get a DG Cock sample. But I do think that Pug had a point earlier in saying that the contrast in the original is a lot less than a gray/imp blue combo would appear.

No plans for GB. Wouldn't much matter anyway since there are no quantity discounts for CPCs.

Haven't even decided on a design concept yet. My current idea is a version of the real chip, but with my cat Pumpkin's face in rainbow over the top and the text being "World Series of Pumpkin". Not sure I can commit to that, but I love the absurdity of it.
WSOB

World Series of Blumpkins would be better, google it if need be

As far as the 5k goes, the DG pink chips I have owned (Three Putt Poker v1 25c chip) are much brighter than your mock-up is appearing. I don't have any pics handy but there may be some at ChipTalk (or Google). I don't know if or how much DG pink has changed since those were made but it's clearly (IMO, obv) the right choice for the 5k - glad you've sold yourself on that :)

I also think light blue and light chocolate are the way to go for the T100.

As far as the 5k goes, the DG pink chips I have owned (Three Putt Poker v1 25c chip) are much brighter than your mock-up is appearing. I don't have any pics handy but there may be some at ChipTalk (or Google). I don't know if or how much DG pink has changed since those were made but it's clearly (IMO, obv) the right choice for the 5k - glad you've sold yourself on that :)

I also think light blue and light chocolate are the way to go for the T100.

My excellent memory allowed me to spend an entire weekend at home without once glancing at my color sample set. Gotta check out that light blue/grey contrast IRL.

I think we've got it pretty nailed down with just a couple colors in contention.

Now to turn the conversation around entirely: if you decided NOT to try to do a "tribute" inlay design, would you absolutely keep all the original colors or would you then modify the colors to your taste, but keeping the 6A18 spot pattern?

What colors would you change? Would the people you play with know they are a tribute set, if so would they care? Fair about of blue in the set (looking at BG's) and the 100 & 1000 seem muted compared to the others with brighter colors.

Looking at your last draft, still a lot of DG Peacock spots but everything else looks good. Maybe swap the DG Peacock on the white and Burple with Imp Blue. ???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom