Wanted Dealer button that looks like a golf ball (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, turns out golf ball dimple patterns are a rabbit hole as deep as spot patterns... Who knew?
Yeah, that's it. It really is all in the dimples. Most won't notice - just like edge spots - but to some that ALL they see.

F1CF5258-BACE-4FFB-857B-24389F202C0E.gif

And that golf ball image you have looks "as hard as rock." It def looks more like a Top Flight (dice chips), not a Titleist (THC). Maybe a slight yellow tone to "soften" the look and to remove the glare. (Or is just me.) LOL Not crapping, hopefully this is positive feedback. Great idea and I like it!
Oh boy, turns out golf ball dimple patterns are a rabbit hole as deep as spot patterns... Who knew?
View attachment 986601

View attachment 986599
I realize I sorta started this when I was critical of the original design, which had 1960s style dimples. But hopefully I'm just missing the joke and you guys are only kidding around. If not, I suggest you either come up with a better design yourself, or pay one of our many professional designers here on PCF to put together a button that meets your standards. For me, and for probably 95% of us here, what @Colquhoun has put together is totally awesome, and more than I expected after seeing the first iteration.

I'm thrilled, and definitely in for 5-10 of the current design.

Since we are on a new page, can you post this one and the previous one together? I will say with this version of "dealer on the ridges" it does look more like dimples. But I still think I liked the other one better. If the button was thick enough to get two full rows of dimples, I'd be ok with "dealer on the ridges." But since it's not, and the dimples need to be roughly the same size as the ones on the face, I still am not sure this one looks good.

Since we are on a new page, can you post this one and the previous one together? I will say with this version of "dealer on the ridges" it does look more like dimples. But I still think I liked the other one better. If the button was thick enough to get two full rows of dimples, I'd be ok with "dealer on the ridges." But since it's not, and the dimples need to be roughly the same size as the ones on the face, I still am not sure this one looks good.
I had to make a new versions of the dimpled edges, using the new ball.
Here is the 2 edges...I didn't think there was enough detail and contrast in the dimpled version for it to look good.
Thoughts?
golf-ball-mockup4b.jpg

Here is the 2 edges...I didn't think there was enough detail and contrast in the dimpled version for it to look good.
Thoughts?
View attachment 986752
Sorry, I misunderstood your post. I thought you said that you changed the face of the button too... Nevermind!

Thoughts?
View attachment 986752

Seeing both side by side, I would vote for the second option (dealer on the ridge).

I’m in regardless of which one is used though. They all look great!

I'm not a big golfer, haven't been out in like 8 or 9 years, but this is great and I'd definitely be in for one should a full GB happen!

Yep, love it! I don't think anyone was here to criticize, only help with useful commentary, but action works too. It's cool to help contribute to a killer design. Big thanks to @Colquhoun for the effort and sorting through it all. The new "D" adds a lot too.

I realize I sorta started this when I was critical of the original design, which had 1960s style dimples. But hopefully I'm just missing the joke and you guys are only kidding around. If not, I suggest you either come up with a better design yourself, or pay one of our many professional designers here on PCF to put together a button that meets your standards. For me, and for probably 95% of us here, what @Colquhoun has put together is totally awesome, and more than I expected after seeing the first iteration.

I'm thrilled, and definitely in for 5-10 of the current design.
Not complaining at all, I'm thrilled with the designs. I just had never paid any attention to differences in golf balls and thought it was interesting that there are actually completely different dimple patterns. As i said, a rabbit hole i didn't even expect to exist. (And there is some similarity to poker chips... I'm sure there are people that instantly notice different dimple patterns while to most of us it's just a golf ball. Kind of like to most people at first the difference between a RHC and THC is miniscule...)

OK, this is it!
After a few more tweaks with @QuadNines, (adding the loop in the "D" and some alignment issues), this one is done.

View attachment 986848
Is there a way to have the shading on the edge align with the shading on the edge of the face? That’s going to be the weakness once these are printed, that transition is going to look rough

As long as @Colquhoun has no objections and is willing to supply his artwork, I am going to take the plunge and say that I am willing to run a GB for these amazing Golf ball and baseball DBs. Sounds like there is enough interest in this thread alone. Once I hear back from @Colquhoun, I will start a separate GB thread.

Just sayin' ... as long as we have a golf ball and baseball, why not do a basketball, soccerball, tennis ball, volleyball, etc?

As long as @Colquhoun has no objections and is willing to supply his artwork, I am going to take the plunge and say that I am willing to run a GB for these amazing Golf ball and baseball DBs. Sounds like there is enough interest in this thread alone. Once I hear back from @Colquhoun, I will start a separate GB thread.
Sounds good! Both are ready.

Just sayin' ... as long as we have a golf ball and baseball, why not do a basketball, soccerball, tennis ball, volleyball, etc?
I started on a basketball, but will require some more work. I could likely do the others as well, but will take time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom