Fixed Limit Hold'em home game buy-in (1 Viewer)

Bumping this, lots of great information. Finally picked up a limit set; in a perfect world it would be non-denom so I could do nickel or dime antes but still very happy with my quarter set. Many of my players just buyin for a tiny amount, $5-10 (5c/10c), but the majority of them are fine with $20 or $25 which makes this set okay for .50/$1, 2chip/4chip. I'll experiment a bit with limits and antes and bring-ins, players dont know enough to ask or prefer one way or another.

1000 25s
40 1000s
20 5000s

20240507_224015.jpg

$40-50

I can think I would keep it toward the high end and like another said add in other limit games
If you have non-denom chips, make all valued at 25 cents. Play .75/1.50 with the small blind at .50 and the big at .75. I’m a proponent of 2/3 chips for more fun and action, in this case it’s only a quarter if you’re in the small blind. 30 bb is a $45 buy in.

Bumping this, lots of great information. Finally picked up a limit set; in a perfect world it would be non-denom so I could do nickel or dime antes but still very happy with my quarter set. Many of my players just buyin for a tiny amount, $5-10 (5c/10c), but the majority of them are fine with $20 or $25 which makes this set okay for .50/$1, 2chip/4chip. I'll experiment a bit with limits and antes and bring-ins, players dont know enough to ask or prefer one way or another.

1000 25s
40 1000s
20 5000s

View attachment 1327576
Because they’re marked, I’d suggest you make everything in cents, so $25 = 25¢. $25 for a rack, 50¢/$1. Really doesn’t play big. If it’s too much, do the 50¢/75¢ 2/3 chip option and slow it down a notch (while seeing more folks in a hand). If you play antes, try a 3-chip table ante, just be sure to make it all the way around before moving to a non-ante game to be fair. Use the $1000 = $10.00 as the value chip after you get all 10 racks on the table- not perfect, but it should work.

Get playing and have fun!

Because they’re marked, I’d suggest you make everything in cents, so $25 = 25¢. $25 for a rack, 50¢/$1. Really doesn’t play big. If it’s too much, do the 50¢/75¢ 2/3 chip option and slow it down a notch (while seeing more folks in a hand). If you play antes, try a 3-chip table ante, just be sure to make it all the way around before moving to a non-ante game to be fair. Use the $1000 = $10.00 as the value chip after you get all 10 racks on the table- not perfect, but it should work.

Get playing and have fun!
Great call, thats the plan so far. Yup he was out of 500s so I grabbed some $10s for the long run, not worried at all about upper limit....but the $50s were pretty and I wanted them too just in case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom