Glimpse into a poker chip factory (51 Viewers)

SwissChip

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Dear @TheChipVault ,
we all apologize our impatient behavior and lousy use of the like button!

A lot members would appreciate you keep on posting your great pics!!

Even with lots of interests, these threads get lost in the mass when not updated dayly.

People follow with huge interest. A small part leave a comment or even a like.

Thank you if you change your mind!

Meh, if extremely sparse pics are hidden behind a demand for likes and followed up by a hissy-fit set off by basically nothing I'm not going to sit here and beg for more like a wittle puppy. I remember someone else taking their ball and going home from some extremely limited and tame push-back as well. Survived that too. Chips aren't that huge of a deal; this should all be fun. Let's not take ourselves too seriously.

What do you guys do with “likes”? Can you get a discount on insurance or something? Is it “compensating”?
Why on earth would anyone care what random strangers on the internet “like” or “get angry” about?

What do you guys do with “likes”? Can you get a discount on insurance or something? Is it “compensating”?
Why on earth would anyone care what random strangers on the internet “like” or “get angry” about?
I don't like this.

Reactions: JWC
At least give that man some kudos. That was a very smart move to close that thread instead of saying I didn't get enough likes, no more pictures, and leaving it open.

In hindsight, it's too bad, that thread could have turned into a roast at Scrub Donkey thread levels.

He took away not only the forums favorite thing (chips), but also the forums second favorite thing (drama/roasting/pitchforking).

Meh, if extremely sparse pics are hidden behind a demand for likes and followed up by a hissy-fit set off by basically nothing I'm not going to sit here and beg for more like a wittle puppy. I remember someone else taking their ball and going home from some extremely limited and tame push-back as well. Survived that too. Chips aren't that huge of a deal; this should all be fun. Let's not take ourselves too seriously.
This was direct, and i agree.
But if you ask gentle with a please, it may work better imo.

It‘s still interesting stuff for us chippers.
It should not get screwed for a few likes!

Did that actually happen? I stopped following the thread when he started demanding likes.
I like the guy, I’ve been pleased when I’ve done business with him, but most importantly, he’s one of those guys who knows so much stuff that nobody else knows. He should be captain of the team.
That’s a shame.

Well first, the professional title for them is "updoots". And second, you can trade them in for free rentals at any Blockbuster Video...

I mean why did I play the lute for 3 hours by repeatedly timing a button press so that I could afford to buy a house so that I could rent it out for gold to buy more houses and become a slum lord to save enough money to save the world?

1729872256843.png

I don't know wtf we "do" with likes or game currencies, but I do know that moar is better!

I don't like this.

I mean why did I play the lute for 3 hours by repeatedly timing a button press so that I could afford to buy a house so that I could rent it out for gold to buy more houses and become a slum lord to save enough money to save the world?

Who cares? I don’t, and I’m pretty sure none of the 2169 members here do either.

I just found out about that thread through this one. Tbh it seems a bit conceited to hide pictures through a demand of likes. If you have them and you want to share them, just do it, people come and go on this site and it’s fun to learn about the process of high end chips.

If you don’t want to share them, I don’t care just don’t hang it over people’s heads just because you can.

Dear @TheChipVault ,
we all apologize our impatient behavior and lousy use of the like button!

A lot members would appreciate you keep on posting your great pics!!

Even with lots of interests, these threads get lost in the mass when not updated dayly.

People follow with huge interest. A small part leave a comment or even a like.

Thank you if you change your mind!
Nothing you said.. and really has nothing to do with you. I do appreciate you reaching out though.

A little background to this project... I had the pleasure of attending my first PCF meet up recently and ran into some old customers (some I've dealt with for decades but never met) and newer PCF members. I had such a good time meeting them face to face, interacting, talking about chips and sharing background stories that I've never told anyone before. It was a blast. So my wheels started turning and I thought, I should get involved more in the forum too. Some may have noticed that I've been very active on PCF. If I see something posted that I like, I comment and / or like. If someone asking a question and I can help I try to respond.

Do I have an ego?.. just as much as the next person but this isn't about me. In fact, I sat down to play poker with some guys at the meet up and someone called me a 'celebrity' and I responded with 'far from it' and made it a point to let them know that I was just as excited to sit in and play with them.. and I truly was. I'm just a guy on the other side of the computer screen selling the chips that you buy. It's just a different perspective. I also know that these forum threads can go sideways and I usually know my place and abstain from making comment or voicing my opinion in anyway... and generally come and go when there is business to be done.

But I have plenty that I can share and thought you all would be interested in seeing some production / factory pics, formula info etc but I wanted to interact a bit... have a little fun. I could have just puked all the pics and info onto the forum in one shot but what fun is that. So I decided to post one pic at a time and we could look, ask questions, like, lurk or whatever and when we reached 50 likes I would post the next on and move on. I didn't think this was too much to ask. I have absolutely no use for likes.. they are worthless.. it was just used as a gauge to see if a fair amount of people have seen the current pic and we ready to move forward. I ignored the silly comments about holding pics for like ransom, demanding likes and even refused payment instead of likes. I just wanted a little participation. If you like... we move forward.. if not I can wait. I've had this info for decades... it is useless to me. Likes are useless to me. I don't need anyone's validation. That fact that people would read the thread, not hit the like button but make a comment that they want to see the next pic was funny at first but last night just annoyed me. It takes much less effort to hit the like button then make a reply. Obviously my idea didn't work out as planned. I'll go back to my place. It's really not a problem for me.

Best Regards - Jim

Capture.PNG

I have absolutely no use for likes.. they are worthless..
Likes are useless to me.
I don't need anyone's validation.
That fact that people would read the thread, not hit the like button but make a comment that they want to see the next pic was funny at first but last night just annoyed me.
It takes much less effort to hit the like button then make a reply.

Last edited:
I just wanted a little participation. That fact that people would read the thread, not hit the like button but make a comment that they want to see the next pic was funny at first but last night just annoyed me. It takes much less effort to hit the like button then make a reply.

Best Regards - Jim
You spent 3 paragraphs saying likes don’t matter when in fact, they clearly do.

Not getting enough likes made you get so upset you stopped posting.

I think many of us enjoyed the thread. Try not to be so sensitive with the internet and keyboards. It’s hard to understand peoples emotions through a screen.

Nothing you said.. and really has nothing to do with you. I do appreciate you reaching out though.

A little background to this project... I had the pleasure of attending my first PCF meet up recently and ran into some old customers (some I've dealt with for decades but never met) and newer PCF members. I had such a good time meeting them face to face, interacting, talking about chips and sharing background stories that I've never told anyone before. It was a blast. So my wheels started turning and I thought, I should get involved more in the forum too. Some may have noticed that I've been very active on PCF. If I see something posted that I like, I comment and / or like. If someone asking a question and I can help I try to respond.

Do I have an ego?.. just as much as the next person but this isn't about me. In fact, I sat down to play poker with some guys at the meet up and someone called me a 'celebrity' and I responded with 'far from it' and made it a point to let them know that I was just as excited to sit in and play with them.. and I truly was. I'm just a guy on the other side of the computer screen selling the chips that you buy. It's just a different perspective. I also know that these forum threads can go sideways and I usually know my place and abstain from making comment or voicing my opinion in anyway... and generally come and go when there is business to be done.

But I have plenty that I can share and thought you all would be interested in seeing some production / factory pics, formula info etc but I wanted to interact a bit... have a little fun. I could have just puked all the pics and info onto the forum in one shot but what fun is that. So I decided to post one pic at a time and we could look, ask questions, like, lurk or whatever and when we reached 50 likes I would post the next on and move on. I didn't think this was too much to ask. I have absolutely no use for likes.. they are worthless.. it was just used as a gauge to see if a fair amount of people have seen the current pic and we ready to move forward. I ignored the silly comments about holding pics for like ransom, demanding likes and even refused payment instead of likes. I just wanted a little participation. If you like... we move forward.. if not I can wait. I've had this info for decades... it is useless to me. Likes are useless to me. I don't need anyone's validation. That fact that people would read the thread, not hit the like button but make a comment that they want to see the next pic was funny at first but last night just annoyed me. It takes much less effort to hit the like button then make a reply. Obviously my idea didn't work out as planned. I'll go back to my place. It's really not a problem for me.

Best Regards - Jim
Thanks!
We all appreciate a glimpse of something unknown.
You can share or keep whatever you want.

So thanks for sharing your intresting stories and hope to see some more insights one day!

Cheers!

You spent 3 paragraphs saying likes don’t matter when in fact, they clearly do.

Not getting enough likes made you get so upset you stopped posting.

I think many of us enjoyed the thread. Try not to be so sensitive with the internet and keyboards. It’s hard to understand peoples emotions through a screen.
Not correct but your interpretation is not invalid.

so what i'm getting from this thread is, you guys collectively managed to ruin something that should have been fun and interesting? nice.

so what i'm getting from this thread is, you guys collectively managed to ruin something that should have been fun and interesting? nice.
Once 25 people have Angry Face emojied this comment and another 15 have Laughing Face emojied this comment, I'll explain how this happened.

Yes exactly. Whatever you do, don't go read the posts and thread itself to form your own opinion.

I guess to be serious for a second, the fact is people were positive, excited, and do want to see and hear the knowledge, but for whatever reason OP has and is going full WW. There was nothing unreasonable besides people having a bit of fun or wanting to see more, like always. I'm sure people will still react favorably to further background, but no need to start worshiping anyone or treat them like a martyr. I'll leave it all at that, as again, it's not that serious despite that it would be very cool to learn more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom