Harrahs New Orleans NCV THC chip sale (10 Viewers)

I was gonna get 1 5,500 and 1k just to have as card cappers wish I would have now lol

Very interesting to see the cyclical nature of this hobby or how it changes with the economy. I just looked and in 2021 a set of the T10K Lady Luck tourney chips sold for $1500 USD. But the economy was doing really good back then, stimulus money was flowing freely, and people weren’t pressured by inflation. Now we are dealing with inlfation, chips sit in classifieds for longer, and people are more discerning with the allocation of their cash. I bet in the 5-7 year horizon people will be kicking themselves for not getting all 6 of the sets left right now while they were still cheap. I’m guessing $3500/set is the going rate once the dust settles and people stop selling them frequently

Economy, plus Tigers. They changed everything, for the better IMHO.

I am shocked it's still an option to pick up a set right now, but stuck pondering between these, the beauty IGs, or continuing with some CPC, we got options now baby!

Also of note is that the Lady Luck chips were an arguably worse breakdown and RHC. I’m not sure if they were leaded, but I think they were. Still interesting though especially if they weren’t.

Very interesting to see the cyclical nature of this hobby or how it changes with the economy. I just looked and in 2021 a set of the T10K Lady Luck tourney chips sold for $1500 USD. But the economy was doing really good back then, stimulus money was flowing freely, and people weren’t pressured by inflation. Now we are dealing with inlfation, chips sit in classifieds for longer, and people are more discerning with the allocation of their cash. I bet in the 5-7 year horizon people will be kicking themselves for not getting all 6 of the sets left right now while they were still cheap. I’m guessing $3500/set is the going rate once the dust settles and people stop selling them frequently
$3500 for the tourney set?

TCR sales have sat and not insta sold for the last while now. In the minds of many, the recent chip nabs aren’t at the same level of previous runs (jacks and the Cali colored one and IGs and there was another gorgeous one in there and on and on), and prices have been going up since the great TCR steals of old.

At least to this chipper, while I appreciate there being chips to buy, tcr is no longer providing can’t miss sales and hasn’t for some time. But I’m always looking forward to the next one!

Economy, plus Tigers. They changed everything, for the better IMHO.

I am shocked it's still an option to pick up a set right now, but stuck pondering between these, the beauty IGs, or continuing with some CPC, we got options now baby!
The Tigers and other chips did have a HUGE impact. But personally don’t think it had as massive an impact on chips like these vs what it did to the market for other NAGB’s and the super high priced IHC’s from other TCR sales. Something like this I don’t think Tigers can compare to vs Tigers are better than some RHC’s priced similarly.

$3500 for the tourney set?

TCR sales have sat and not insta sold for the last while now. In the minds of many, the recent chip nabs aren’t at the same level of previous runs (jacks and the Cali colored one and IGs and there was another gorgeous one in there and on and on), and prices have been going up since the great TCR steals of old.

At least to this chipper, while I appreciate there being chips to buy, tcr is no longer providing can’t miss sales and hasn’t for some time. But I’m always looking forward to the next one!
I was just extrapolating the price using the price appreciation on the LL set from 2019 to 2021. It went from ~$1K to $1500 in 2 years and don’t see it declining in price. Sure there are more of these, but also not a ton. They’ll prolly end up consolidating in a few large sets with smaller ones spread around. This decking the available supply with a market that will only increase in demand over time. Might be wrong and sure it’s high, but with those numbers and then what I imagine we will see for future inflation it’s not out of the question (unless you’re discounting back to todays dollars in which case it wouldn’t be a realistic estimate)

and yeah I agree nothing that’s a “can’t miss sale”. Except maybe this one which was a GOAT sale imo and then lake Elsinore was also a good one. The RHC’s get repetious, but always exciting to see the secondaries. One day it’ll prolly be icons and other garbage so I’m happy to collect what I can now lol

People should probably take their talk of trendy overpriced chips off this vendor’s sales thread.

And @Bill_Man618 is right. These are a steal, long term.
Fair fair. Prolly should take it to the thread we go to when we want to argue about flipping haha. Is there a thread for discussions like this other than that one? To discuss the current state of things? I feel like there is

these were priced VERY fair imo. lament all you want about days past gone of racks and racks for under $1 a chip.

Its 2024, this is the new normal.

This is a classic looking hot stamp set with great colors/ spots in playable amounts, GOOD luck finding a set that checks so many boxes for under $5/ chip in this condition.

Before another 15 people jump to defense, I didn’t say these were overpriced or call them Tina’s.

I would happily buy a cash set at the listed price if they were available.

Simply comparing them to sales of past regarding value and desire.

If this is going too far in a generic vendor thread meant to stir up posts, interest, and conversation on the chips - we might as well have PCF lock these threads from custom messages and only be able to pick from prefabricated ones that say “what a steal”, “amazing find”, and “better hurry these will be gone in less than a second”.

I wonder how many people are going to mill these.

I actually considered that with the “cash” set. My brain wouldn’t let me play them as-is, and I don’t need/want another tourney set.

Figured I was better off leaving it for others to appreciate as-is, but having some FOMO in knowing it will be unlikely I can make a semi-custom set with this type of base at this price again.

This is a classic looking hot stamp set with great colors/ spots in playable amounts, GOOD luck finding a set that checks so many boxes for under $5/ chip in this condition.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Fair fair. Prolly should take it to the thread we go to when we want to argue about flipping haha. Is there a thread for discussions like this other than that one? To discuss the current state of things? I feel like there is
I searched and searched for that thread because I created it and can't find it

I wonder how many people are going to mill these.

I actually considered that with the “cash” set. My brain wouldn’t let me play them as-is, and I don’t need/want another tourney set.

Figured I was better off leaving it for others to appreciate as-is, but having some FOMO in knowing it will be unlikely I can make a semi-custom set with this type of base at this price again.
For the Harrah’s cash set about 1/3rd of the T5 chips have substantially worn off or completely worn off stamps, which make them an option for a pretty cool Cali quarter IMO. I was going to ask @Gear whether the Harrah’s T5s with worn off stamps would be good a candidate for shape milling or whether the stamp imprint is too close to the edge for shape milling.

For the Harrah’s cash set about 1/3rd of the T5 chips have substantially worn off or completely worn off stamps, which make them an option for a pretty cool Cali quarter IMO. I was going to ask @Gear whether the Harrah’s T5s with worn off stamps would be good a candidate for shape milling or whether the stamp imprint is too close to the edge for shape milling.
Great idea and if you really want to put in the work couldn’t you defoil then mill shape? @Gear

stimulus money was flowing freely

I just have to call out the “stimulus money” thing one more time.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I certainly didn’t get enough stimulus $$$ to even buy some cheap ceramics, let alone a Paulson set.

I just have to call out the “stimulus money” thing one more time.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I certainly didn’t get enough stimulus $$$ to even buy some cheap ceramics, let alone a Paulson set.
No, but many/most Americans did.

In addition, several industries did very well therefore that trickled down to commission jobs.

In addition, vacations were canceled, restaurants were closed. People had nothing to do and had extra cash.

For most, but not all, Covid was a spendy cash rich time. Hence the outrageous inflation now.

But for a product to not sell out within 24 hours and cause questions is funny in itself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom