Has anyone bought "Dia De Los Muertos" from Anita (Shengzhou Kaile Recreation)? (3 Viewers)

@BarrieJ3
Do you have the patent number for the common practice of taking off the shelf charger parts and putting them in a table that was built at home?

I didn't jackwagon him until his second post (#8 for those keeping score at home) where he abandoned any modicum of caring about stealing property from a beloved vendor. If you're going to plant your flag on this guy, so be it, but you could have done so much better.

@BarrieJ3
Do you have the patent number for the common practice of taking off the shelf charger parts and putting them in a table that was built at home?

I didn't jackwagon him until his second post (#8 for those keeping score at home) where he abandoned any modicum of caring about stealing property from a beloved vendor. If you're going to plant your flag on this guy, so be it, but you could have done so much better.
I don't think I'm planting my flag anywhere. I've just watched time and time again as new members are immediately abused.

But like you said, you waited until he responded to being told he was a thief, which sure he could've handled better, before you decided to let him know that - from his two posts - you soul read his thin skinned cheapskate thieving self filled with character flaws.

I'm with you! At this point, fuck new people. We should just have new people have to post in a specific thread/forum where we can all yell at them and get it our of our system. If they decide to stay, they've made it! Kinda like jumping someone into a new gang.

dave.gif

@BarrieJ3

I believe the charger comment was in regards to the cease and desist letters sent from a large table manufacturer to another manufacturer.

I believe it was his intention to show the hypocrisy of many members - if you're in the club, do as you please. If you're not in the club, fuck off.

In regards to stealing designs - totally agree that this is ridiculous, and asking about it is even more ridiculous.

I believe the charger comment was in regards to the cease and desist letters sent from a large table manufacturer to another manufacturer.
Oh you mean when one vendor was defending its patent against another vendor, and even though the two vendors worked out out reasonably between themselves, most of the forum jumped on the side of the more popular vendor and ridiculed the other guy?

Oh you mean when one vendor was defending its patent against another vendor, and even though the two vendors worked out out reasonably between themselves, most of the forum jumped on the side of the more popular vendor and ridiculed the other guy?
maaaayyyyybeeee....lol

I’m not familiar with the issuing vendor of the C&D request, but here in the US we’ve paid our buck o 5, so personally I would have mailed them back a kite and offered to help them figure out how to fly it. I disliked the way the awesome Canuck handled it, all the more character of that guy.

Cock blocking a small business because you have a patent on something where there is an overly common way to do something is BS. I doubt that I would buy from the patent owner. Elon Musk also points this out, so I think it’s obvious success can be had without this type of business practices.

I don't think I'm planting my flag anywhere. I've just watched time and time again as new members are immediately abused.

But like you said, you waited until he responded to being told he was a thief, which sure he could've handled better, before you decided to let him know that - from his two posts - you soul read his thin skinned cheapskate thieving self filled with character flaws.

I'm with you! At this point, fuck new people. We should just have new people have to post in a specific thread/forum where we can all yell at them and get it our of our system. If they decide to stay, they've made it! Kinda like jumping someone into a new gang.

View attachment 1355976
Good, glad I didn't have to explain it to you. Isn't your commenting on my comments abs referring to it as "jackwagonry" a lot like the pot/kettle thing? It's OK, though, I'm not thin skinned and won't hold that against you...mainly because you're not new. Fuck the new guy, who needs 'em??!!

I’m here with my torch and pitchfork. The thread is confusing and I skipped most of it so I’m not sure who we are mad at. If someone could point me in the right direction I’m ready and willing to pile on. Are we having a NABG debate or is this something different?

You mind if I borrow that artwork? There's a Chinese company that will change one of the green dots to red and make it for half the cost.

To be clear, I'm not mad at anyone. I'm just having a little fun. I'm not sure my assessment was to far off, I mean 3rd post and the new guy is wanting to take his ball and go home because he was being trolled. All of that from 8 posts, 2 which were his own.

New guy wants to take BR Pro artwork and have Anita change it some and have them make it for less. Admits right away that is probably not right, but, asks us out opinion. That's where I summoned that he was a cheapskate. Maybe I was way off on that on, you decide. Then he was kind enough to not delete his posts, but, wasn't coming back because a couple of folks said he was stealing property from a site vendor they hold in high esteem. That's where I thought he might be thin skinned. Again, I could be WAYYYY off on this one as well, I don't know. Then BarrieJ3 insinuated that we were being mean to the new guy. I've seen much worse. Then he insinuated that my actions were akin to some deep seated issue which could be difficult to change. He may be right.

Was I close??

I have Custom Anita's chips, they are pretty nice. The cost was right (under .35cent delivered). I'd suggest not ripping off a North American IP, and go custom instead.

I have Custom Anita's chips, they are pretty nice. The cost was right (under .35cent delivered). I'd suggest not ripping off a North American IP, and go custom instead

1000002683.png

I have Custom Anita's chips, they are pretty nice. The cost was right (under .35cent delivered). I'd suggest not ripping off a North American IP, and go custom instead

View attachment 1356171

Uh oh. @philhut posted identically twice. This means The Matrix has been reset, right?

Do you guys ever feel that you’ve been trolled by a fake account? JS

Has anyone bought "Dia De Los Muertos" from Anita (Shengzhou Kaile Recreation)?
I recently got a sample (from BR Pro). They are very colourful (rich saturation):
ddlmsamplephoto_f99f1faf-5e38-49f6-a324-5d1eb38cce8a_5000x.png

Mine look like that. I thought maybe they would be a little different, less "bright", or something. Nope, they are this beautiful.

It didn't even occur to me, there could be knock offs (but of course they would be, that's just the world we live in):
H210b6675e6874120a71822fd2bef1dbbi.png

I bet they are even paler than pictured. (So much so, that the Orange $1000 one is listed as "Pink"; yes, I am sure it's anything but orange.) The "reds" $5s look pink to me.

(I am tempted to buy a "sample" -10 seems to be the minimum order- just to see how bad they are; but even such small purchase, would be supporting them, so I don't think I'll actually do it.)

I find it interesting how they are not exactly the same: Compare the $1 eyes, $25 "make up", and many have their borders altered. It's as if by making these small changes, they'd claim they're "different enough".

What I don't get is: If they went the lengths to be able to modify the artwork, why not go all the way and design really different Muertos and Catrínas!?
Día de los Muertos, as a name, cannot be copyrighted since it's the name of a Mexican festivity, so there shouldn't be problems with that. The concepts of Muertos and Catrinas are pretty much public domain. To be able to change the eyes in the $1s, for example, they must have created artwork files; it was not just a "copy-paste"... Why not go a little bit further?

..Cock blocking a small business because you have a patent on something where there is an overly common way to do something is BS. I doubt that I would buy from the patent owner...
Bear in mind that the patent owner is required by law to defend his patent, or that patent can be voided.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom