Have Chinese cards mold replica sets gone too far? (10 Viewers)

I don’t see Tina chips impacting CPC sales at all. I don’t think any person considering custom chips in the $2-$4 per chip range is swayed to the .50 per chip category.
I would say that's true for anyone considering specifically clay custom chips in the $3/chip range. Speaking personally, and recognizing that I am just one data point, my next set does not have the clay requirement.

So if we were to remove the $0.50/chip Tina option, the $3/chip CPC product offers the customization and quality that I expect at that price and in the absence anything else I would consider. I'm happy to pay that price.

But when we add back the $0.50/chip option, now I have a decision to make. It's not $3 versus $0.5, it's $valueCPC/$3 versus $valueTina/$0.5.

I suspect that analysis to be true for a non-insignificant number of potential CPC customers, especially if they already have a clay set as their primary. That could certainly affect sales.

I'll definitely be getting a custom set of Tinas. As practice for my eventual custom grail set from CPC. And so I have a set I can take to the woods/on vacation/etc without risking the nice clay ones. It'll also let me receive and play with them for a while to make sure I like the art etc before committing to the more expensive, luxurious option. I know it's going to happen, the only question is "when?"
That being said, I'm sure there are a lot of people who may have considered CPC customs who will wind up going with ceramics (whether from Tina, BRPro, or somewhere else) for the cost savings and durability.

They’re impressive compared to cards mold in a lot of ways but I just can’t get past the nipples on these things!
IMG_1757.jpeg

The new Tina molds are pretty sweet and amazing for entry level price custom chips. This is gonna cripple CPC sales and hurt rhc and unleaded thc values. I know people will “want” clay. But the Tina hybrids are very nice. Now custom molds? It’s going to make it harder for CPC to acquire new customers.
100% disagree. These are starter chips. They're very nice, yes, and even some of us who have several sets of clay chips are ordering these too. But chips like these just get some chippers more interested in the hobby.

For me, I joined here 4 years ago looking for one or two very affordable sets. I bought china clays and cards mold within my first 6 months. But from there, I just kept getting more and more interested in the hobby, and kept buying both full sets and racks to build into sets. So a guy who came here to spend a few hundred dollars on entry level chips has now spent 5 figures on this hobby.

So no, inexpensive (cool) chips get many chippers more interested in the hobby, not less. And the more interested they are, the more they want premium chips too. No matter how nice Tina chips are, they still don't compare to real compressed clay chips. I don't believe that Tina chips will hurt the premium chip market one bit. Just the opposite.

Meh, the hybrids are nice, probably the best budget alternative there is. But getting that as one’s only set? That’s not chippin’
Probably the greatest contribution to the world that PCF can make is to steer casual players/chip buyers towards a semi-decent set of inexpensive denominated custom ceramics with a playable breakdown, instead of buying a stock set of cheap slugged plastics (or worse).

If they eventually turn into serious chippers, that's a bonus. But the world will still be a better place even if they don't.

They’re impressive compared to cards mold in a lot of ways but I just can’t get past the nipples on these things!
View attachment 1366989
Raking in the pots help.
Probably the greatest contribution to the world that PCF can make is to steer casual players/chip buyers towards a semi-decent set of inexpensive denominated custom ceramics with a playable breakdown, instead of buying a stock set of cheap slugged plastics (or worse).

If they eventually turn into serious chippers, that's a bonus. But the world will still be a better place even if they don't.
Death to dice chips

Tina Chips are IMO, the perfect addition into the Poker Chip Line up.

CPC is amazing.

Paulsons incredible, the standard for all chips IMO

But let's keep it honest here. They're (relatively) expensive. We really underestimate how blessed we are to even be able to afford luxuries like custom poker chips.

Fully Custom Chips at 1/5th the cost is a huge gift to most of us out here in Chipland. Yes you can nitpick a few things but none of them are a dealbreaker IMO and I consider myself very detail oriented and picky.

So until I can afford $3000+ for a set of chips, I am super happy with my Tinas

So when someone designs Tiger replicas on Tina molds....all will be good, right?

Different material altogether, different weight, colors aren't an exact match, and the submission was approved by Tina?
Just saw this - don't know if it is related to the subject at hand.

(webpage tags not visible any longer)

https://tigerpalacechips.com/password

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom