Heading back to North Carolina (9 Viewers)

He’s the one who taught me how to do it
1718134761337.gif

Magic erasers are great for edges. I’d be afraid to let them near a hot stamp though.
Depends on the condition of the hot stamp. The harrahs are fine with a eraser on the face. Hot stamps are still in good shape.

Thanks!

Can you specify how much Oxiclean should go in the water? And do I just dip the magic eraser in the liquid and then wipe down the chip (sparing the hot stamp) or am I supposed to soak them in the water? Should I plan to oil after as well?

(If this was previously covered I can search for the technique)
I once had a good experience with regular mineral oil. Cotton swabs for facial care, which I took from my wife and simple mineral oil, for caring for the baby's bottom. It's tedious, sure, but it's safe and sometimes just as effective as powerful cleaning products. This has often worked for me.
For example, few people know, but a fresh stain on a shirt from oil paint can be easily washed off with ordinary sunflower oil. Its atoms are smaller than those of paint. (Of course, this has nothing to do with chips.) ;)

I once had a good experience with regular mineral oil. Cotton swabs for facial care, which I took from my wife and simple mineral oil, for caring for the baby's bottom. It's tedious, sure, but it's safe and sometimes just as effective as powerful cleaning products. This has often worked for me.
For example, few people know, but a fresh stain on a shirt from oil paint can be easily washed off with ordinary sunflower oil. Its atoms are smaller than those of paint. (Of course, this has nothing to do with chips.) ;)
That was deep.

Are you talking about a toothbrush?
No. I haven’t tried a toothbrush. It is my opinion that people who clean inlaid poker chips with a toothbrush are wasting a lot of time and effort. A bigger brush works better.
It’s possible a toothbrush makes sense to try to clean the face of a hotstamp chip without damaging the hotstamp. But I haven’t tried it.

I’ve cleaned them with a regular brush with my thumb protecting the stamp, and I’ve cleaned them with a rag and that sterlings magic.

No. I haven’t tried a toothbrush. It is my opinion that people who clean inlaid poker chips with a toothbrush are wasting a lot of time and effort. A bigger brush works better.
It’s possible a toothbrush makes sense to try to clean the face of a hotstamp chip without damaging the hotstamp. But I haven’t tried it.

I’ve cleaned them with a regular brush with my thumb protecting the stamp, and I’ve cleaned them with a rag and that sterlings magic.
I just tried out quick N brite with a soft toothbrush which took a little while on my circus circus fracs but it did well.

I should have taken more pictures of faces, before and after but it didn't do any harm to the stamps that I saw.

I didn't do as much cleaning to the stamps as the hat and cane mold region either though..

What’s the story with TSP and the ultrasonic w/salad spinner. Will that do any damage to the hot stamps?

I used the pink stuff and it worked but it faded the chip a little. I used dawn + magic eraser and it also worked but no fading. So that’s how I cleaned them all.

Using Dawn in an ultrasonic cleaner is pointless, as the soap bubbles stop the cavitation cleaning effect of the sound waves in the solution.

Not that you are suggesting to do so, but he did ask about salad spinners...
This is correct. No Ultra needed. Just Dawn, a bucket, and time to scrub.

Magic erasers are great for edges. I’d be afraid to let them near a hot stamp though.
I use a magic eraser when I’m stamping to remove any excess foil from the face of the chip. Just a few swipes across the face, not digging it in, and it cleans them right up.

Using Dawn in an ultrasonic cleaner is pointless, as the soap bubbles stop the cavitation cleaning effect of the sound waves in the solution.

Not that you are suggesting to do so, but he did ask about salad spinners...
BG is correct. Using any surfactant will defeat the cavitation needed to clean.

Haha why ya'll laughing at me I am just a mere boy who would like to purchase some 39mm WSOP chips in exchange for United States Dollars

Will there be chips offered up in a separate sale?
Yes there were the leased and unleaded ones. I assume he sold off the extras of the 43mm that weren’t used in sets. But there will be another sale for sure afaik

He didn’t get the chips from the Rio. Apparently there is a story, but it hasn’t been told.
I want the ones Jaime Gold played with in 06 if this new guy finds and opens the vaults. The vaults of gigantic, industrial crushing machines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom