Home poker game robbery results in murder charge... (1 Viewer)

*deleted my previous comment about legality of poker in my state, need to look into things a bit further*

Last edited:
other gambling activities
What, like a dice rolling horses race game?
Hmm, what other things have I seen in PCFers home game pictures. Slot machines, roulette wheels, the occasional blackjack or craps table?

Highest tax burden since WW2 right now! :cool

But they leave my home game alone...

FWIW, the highest effective tax rates in the 1950s exceeded ***90%***.

Moreover, there were far fewer tax loopholes and shelter strategies in play back then. (Actually my grandfather’s law partner was credited with inventing the modern tax shelter in the early 50s.)

A sober discussion of 50s taxes can be found at:

https://rooseveltinstitute.org/2017/08/08/effective-progressive-tax-rates-in-the-1950s/

Last edited:
Citizens can legally play poker at home in Ohio so long as no one profits from conducting the game or hosting the games at their residences as per Section 2915.02(A)(2).

I’ve also talked to an attorney and had my charity games approved. So I’m good to go. (All volunteers, venue must be a fraternal organization etc).

Last edited:
“Ohio’s home poker laws are not that clear, but they suggest that players can conduct and take part in home poker games as long as the house does not accept a commission.”

Last edited:
In NY, any form of gambling without a license from the state is illegal. No money for the politicians equals no fun for you.
Actually I go to games with NY lawyers, it’s legal here if there’s no rake/fee, I could try to find the exact penal law but that’s been my understanding for around a decade here in NYC. Law enforcement in NYC def play in home games without rake.

Actually I go to games with NY lawyers, it’s legal here if there’s no rake/fee, I could try to find the exact penal law but that’s been my understanding for around a decade here in NYC. Law enforcement in NYC def play in home games without rake.
NYPD also play in home/underground games with rake. Mosholu parkway game, they were miserable to be around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom