PAHWM: .50/$1 home game #2 Q10 (1 Viewer)

That's weird. BB far less rational than average. But given that, i'm glad the bet worked.

I am really curious what he would have laid down, guess we will never know.

He is also misreading what a quick call usually means. It often means a draw or medium strength at best. (I might put you on a gutshot in BB's shoes :).)

That's weird. BB far less rational than average. But given that, i'm glad the bet worked.

I am really curious what he would have laid down, guess we will never know.

He is also misreading what a quick call usually means. It often means a draw or medium strength at best. (I might put you on a gutshot in BB's shoes :).)
Yeah… it was all strange. I mention it, not because I’m that great of a player, but as an example of how things we thing are tells or reads… aren’t. I was not strong- just throwing my money away until BB handed me an opportunity.

And people say live reads are overrated... Well, given your opponent folded because of their live read, maybe they are lol.

Pretty bad play on their part to snap fold for 1/3 pot if they had any piece of the board, but hey we take those. Nice job assessing them correctly and taking it down.

I hope hero doesn't learn the wrong lessons from this hand. The preflop was dubious. The flop wasn't right at all. These are serious leaks, especially as Hero likely knows better but did it anyway. YOLO you know. Poor discipline decisions are the bane of every poker player's win rates.

Sure, the live read and the weak-fish villain let hero take down the pot. Props for that. But still the rest of the hand was a mess. Just because hero won, doesn't mean the hand was well played. I am not trying to be mean. I am asking Hero to reflect on the collective advice in this thread and perhaps find a reason to make adjustments in his game.

DrStrange

I hope hero doesn't learn the wrong lessons from this hand. The preflop was dubious. The flop wasn't right at all. These are serious leaks, especially as Hero likely knows better but did it anyway. YOLO you know. Poor discipline decisions are the bane of every poker player's win rates.

Sure, the live read and the weak-fish villain let hero take down the pot. Props for that. But still the rest of the hand was a mess. Just because hero won, doesn't mean the hand was well played. I am not trying to be mean. I am asking Hero to reflect on the collective advice in this thread and perhaps find a reason to make adjustments in his game.

DrStrange
Oh, totally. Horrible play on my part. I was mentally done and just throwing money away at that point.

This was my first NLHE session in 5 years. I’ve been running a loose mixed limit game focused on the social aspect. Jumping into this game, I made a real effort to play better and use the knowledge I’ve learned here, and for the most part, I did.

I appreciate everyone’s observations, here and elsewhere- they help make me a better player and make my play more enjoyable.

I agree with preflop fold, but I think the flop call is okay. As long as hero can make big laydowns if the heart that makes the straight comes, $5 is a decent price esp if others come along.

Then when checked to, a bet is great here, but I would bet a larger size, $8 doesnt give much fold equity. I would bet around 2/3 pot, the same as I would bet for my value hands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom