how many decks of cards do you have? (27 Viewers)

how many decks of cards do you own?

• Total voters

lewan

Flush
Reaction score
1729697350053.png

i have 34 decks, a few not pictured. what about you guys?

I got about 30 brand total around 80-90 decks and about 200+ decks or so faked Copag deck in storage as well.

I had long since stop collecting decks as I just have about enough deck to last about 5 years at least

Does a single "setup" of cards (as PCF defines it) count as 2 different decks, or as just one deck? And on the flip-side of that, are we also counting non-poker related decks of playing cards? Like I have numerous card decks that are made of various types of paper card stock - as opposed to plastic cards. Most of those paper decks were designed for collectors, cardistry, and/or magic and so are pretty damn high quality cards, but they'll never see felt since they just weren't made for playing card games. Do those count?

Does a single "setup" of cards (as PCF defines it) count as 2 different decks, or as just one deck? And on the flip-side of that, are we also counting non-poker related decks of playing cards? Like I have numerous card decks that are made of various types of paper card stock - as opposed to plastic cards. Most of those paper decks were designed for collectors, cardistry, and/or magic and so are pretty damn high quality cards, but they'll never see felt since they just weren't made for playing card games. Do those count?
a setup = 2 decks i would say. and that is a valid question. i would answer yes given the broadness of the question but i can understand those who would say no

20241023_204650.jpg

Shitty picture but you get the idea. The set ups/decks are all stacked 10 high to the top. These are just poker size decks. I have 40 more decks of my "top shelf" poker size stuff in a wooden box.

I have another one of these full to the brim of my bridge size decks. Also have a brick of Fournier 2800 and a brick of Angel Aristo clubs downstairs, as well as a smattering of loose decks and garbage China decks in the basement.

IMG_9272.jpeg
IMG_9273.jpeg
IMG_9271.jpeg
IMG_9274.jpeg

I think I have another box somewhere. There are 12 packs in each brick and about 20 bricks per box……. 960-1200 give or take a few………
And before anyone ask…….. I thought I was buying 12 packs……. Not 12 bricks……… oh the fine print, gets you every time.

I’d estimate 2,000 decks? About 150 are plastic cards for poker (about 100 are opened, I only use a deck for a few hours, so these generally get given away or sold for cheap). About 200 decks are just rare/part of a collection. About 1,000 are different types of bicycles (varying finishes, thicknesses, ages, etc), about 500 or so Tally Hos, roughly a hundred Bees, and then like 10-20 random other decks.

It’s kinda gross. I use them for practice and performances. In high school I used to buy them by the gross from US Playing Card Co and it took about a week or two, but I thought it was a good deal…now you can get ‘em from Amazon overnight for so much cheaper and the quality is still damn good…

TLDR: I have too many decks.

I’d estimate 2,000 decks? About 150 are plastic cards for poker (about 100 are opened, I only use a deck for a few hours, so these generally get given away or sold for cheap). About 200 decks are just rare/part of a collection. About 1,000 are different types of bicycles (varying finishes, thicknesses, ages, etc), about 500 or so Tally Hos, roughly a hundred Bees, and then like 10-20 random other decks.

It’s kinda gross. I use them for practice and performances. In high school I used to buy them by the gross from US Playing Card Co and it took about a week or two, but I thought it was a good deal…now you can get ‘em from Amazon overnight for so much cheaper and the quality is still damn good…

TLDR: I have too many decks.
Goodness…….. I don’t feel alone now……and I feel less crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom