How to travel with chips? (1 Viewer)

nosediceochate

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi guys, can you take a 500-900 chip set in your carryon baggage? International flight in case it matters.

Hi guys, can you take a 500-900 chip set in your carryon baggage? International flight in case it matters.
Yes. Just expect TSA (or whoever is doing security) to open each box and visually inspect them. Last trip they all knew it was poker chips before they opened them, so it was obvious its not a super uncommon thing.

Other country's laws might differ, but in the US it's fine.

Yes but expect them to se-

Goddamnit, @Josh Kifer beat me to it. It looks like a solid box of darkness on the xray so theyll want to open it. Once they said theyre going to cut one open to see if its drugs and I just told them no they wouldn't, and they send you on your way.

Yes but expect them to se-

Goddamnit, @Josh Kifer beat me to it. It looks like a solid box of darkness on the xray so theyll want to open it. Once they said theyre going to cut one open to see if its drugs and I just told them no they wouldn't, and they send you on your way.
I've had them swabbed, but never had the cut into threat. That would piss me off.

I've had them swabbed, but never had the cut into threat. That would piss me off.
Yeah, not sure how serious or if they just wanted to see my nervous reaction? Dunno, turned on the Jersey accent and laughed at the notion. Had 300 dice and 1200 chips.

I brought 750 chips from Apache, still in their plastic wrap, from Las Vegas to Brazil in checked luggage. Besides the TSA card alerting an inspection, there were no problems whatsoever. They arrived safely, and there were no issues with customs either.

I carry mine in, pack them so it’s easy for TSA to inspect. I used to tell them ahead of time, but found it’s better just to let them do their thing. Once they have pulled it aside I tell them it’s poker chips, they nod and open each box and give the barrels a riffle to make sure they aren’t solid slugs.
Once there was no inspection (CPC chips) and a couple times they were lax and just opened one or two boxes. Going into Sweden recently the TSA lady told me she was lucky at cards so she blessed each box as she was opening it. Worked out ok.

TSA Nudies.JPG

I got through security yesterday, they just asked what it is and I said poker chips, they let me go. But I do have TSA Pre though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom