SOLD Indiana Grand Sale Thread (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I’m one of the luckiest members here because I didn’t participate in the sale and won’t be purchasing ANY of these chips in upcoming sales and auctions. ;)
Just feel bad for those who’d legitimately like to put a nice set together for their personal use but many times can’t because of the new breed of assholes that’s showed up here.
This exactly, well said

Okay I'm guess it's "better" to buy early on re-sale than later or prices just crazy out the gate? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Gonna need all those? Asking for a friend (yes really, I’m out)
Need is not in my chipper vocabulary :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

But was strongly considering making these a combined NL and limit set with the $5s as the main denom. Imagine a full table of those bearclaw $5s! Hoping to score a couple more racks of those in the next sale.

Will have a couple of racks of $1s and $25s more than I need though.

Actually, I’m one of the luckiest members here because I didn’t participate in the sale and won’t be purchasing ANY of these chips in upcoming sales and auctions. ;)
Just feel bad for those who’d legitimately like to put a nice set together for their personal use but many times can’t because of the new breed of assholes that’s showed up here.
Is being labeled an asshole is fair when wanted threads pop up immediately offering a new price because of limited supply. The opportunity is still there it’s just the people who hold the chips recognize the value.
I’d like to put together a nice set of a mixture of BTPs, RPCs, and Sunset Beach chips but I could never justify the cost.
I grabbed 300 1s to replace my HSI 1A chips on a custom set I’m working on. Would have liked to grab some of those 5s though, it would making owning a few racks Sunset Beach a little easier to justify.

Well, from my perspective, I wanted 120 snappers, so I had to order 1200+ chips. I didn’t necessarily want to, but I had to in order to hit percentages. So what did I do? I bought extra $1s, $5s, and $25s as those are usually the most plentiful and I didn’t want to gamble on higher denoms since they usually disappear quickly. I guess if I try to sell or auction off the extras (that I didn’t even want in the first place) for market price, that makes me a dirty flipper asshole?

Maybe one of the more righteous, upstanding, long-time members can better advise me how to handle this situation?

Is being labeled an asshole is fair when wanted threads pop up immediately offering a new price because of limited supply. The opportunity is still there it’s just the people who hold the chips recognize the value.
I’d like to put together a nice set of a mixture of BTPs, RPCs, and Sunset Beach chips but I could never justify the cost.
I grabbed 300 1s to replace my HSI 1A chips on a custom set I’m working on. Would have liked to grab some of those 5s though, it would making owning a few racks Sunset Beach a little easier to justify.
Those are lovely sets, but you're right about those crazy prices.

Edit: sorry there was a typo that made the whole sentence completely different @SiouxperStack

Last edited:
Well, from my perspective, I wanted 120 snappers, so I had to order 1200+ chips. I didn’t necessarily want to, but I had to in order to hit percentages. So what did I do? I bought extra $1s, $5s, and $25s as those are usually the most plentiful and I didn’t want to gamble on higher denoms since they usually disappear quickly. I guess if I try to sell or auction off the extras (that I didn’t even want in the first place) for market price, that makes me a dirty flipper asshole?

Maybe one of the more righteous, upstanding, long-time members can better advise me how to handle this situation?

Fair market value at this stage is the stage unfortunately

Auctioning them off so quickly after receiving them doesn't establish market price or fAir maRkEt vaLuE though: it just establishes who has the deepest pockets, essentially driving the prices up for everyone else at the same time.

If you want to establish good chipping karma, why not sell your excess chips at cost + shipping price to a member that missed out?

If you want to establish good chipping karma, why not sell your excess chips at cost + shipping price to a member that missed out?
I’ve tried that multiple times only for the buyer to turn around a few weeks later and flip the chips. Then I’m the idiot.

At this point, I only give the “friend” deal to my friends on this forum that I trust. There are many. Everyone else can pay whatever the market demands. Ymmv.

Just been trying to mess around with PS more, here's something bad but might inspire others?

download.jpg

I understand having to purchase more of some and less of others because of the percentage limitations. No harm no foul.
My main issue are the ones who buy with soul purpose to flip. As far as BTPs, RPCs and Sunsets go, I can see those commanding more in price because of the hurdles involved in getting them produced.

I’ve tried that multiple times only for the buyer to turn around a few weeks later and flip the chips. Then I’m the idiot.

At this point, I only give the “friend” deal to my friends on this forum that I trust. There are many. Everyone else can pay whatever the market demands. Ymmv.
Yeah, that absolutely sucks balls, no doubt. And it's definitely wise to keep those deals for trusted friends only.

What he said.

Auctioning them off so quickly after receiving them doesn't establish market price or fAir maRkEt vaLuE though: it just establishes who has the deepest pockets, essentially driving the prices up for everyone else at the same time.

Then that member has a sick kid, car problems, host problems, blah blah blah and resells them at fair market value

I sell privately all the time for at cost, at a loss, or a small profit. If I sell on the forum however they are going to be sold at fair market value. I'm not getting screwed over any longer.

Seems fair.

I understand having to purchase more of some and less of others because of the percentage limitations. No harm no foul.
My main issue are the ones who buy with soul purpose to flip. As far as BTPs, RPCs and Sunsets go, I can see those commanding more in price because of the hurdles involved in getting them produced.

How about when those are purchased in a group by for the soul reason to profit off of. Isn't that the same thing kind of?

It has come to that for sure. Would have to do things this way also if I ever were to sell anything.

I'd probably handle like Hornet said. @HebbNH

I think these are going to be in the same ball park of desirability.
Definitely. The IG primary $5 is the GOAT for me, ainec.

The JACK Detroit lineup as a whole is definitely up there, especially with the original fracs. Wish I had never sold my set!

IG Set inbound though - won’t make the same mistake twice!

Lol I tried very hard to put a cash set together and every time I had to redo my order the out of stock message just kept getting longer. I ultimately eneded up only being able to buy 10 primaries 5s and 1s, 5 100s and a single 1k. I don't even know what I could do to be faster lol I have 500mgb internet and had my order in within a minute. Honestly I personally wouldn't even be mad if this vender just raised the prices a bit so it's less tempting for scalpers to buy the max amount of chips to flip. Less profit for flippers less people flipping. Idk I'll wait and see what prices these hit the resale market. If anyone is trying to sell there's for close to cost I'm very interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom