Mucked in a limped pot (1 Viewer)

POCKET QUADS YOU NIMRODS!
Ah. It was on my list of what he might have meant. It was on the list with 4 pair and 7722.

Quads is good bounty hand but way too rare. Trips might be a better one. Or all one suit. I’d prefer a set amount though, not half my stack.

Ah. It was on my list of what he might have meant. It was on the list with 4 pair and 7722.

Quads is good bounty hand but way too rare. Trips might be a better one. Or all one suit. I’d prefer a set amount though, not half my stack.
Yes it's also an idea. We just thought it SOOO unlikely that we would make a max pain bounty!

The only time that happend was on october 16th 2014. One might argue why even have such a rule if it happens one a decade...well... boys being boys and long time close friend.

Sans titre.jpg

AAAA, or KKKK, QQQQ, but then if you add all the 4 cards combo then you get 13 combos... in short every 2277 hands played there's a +50% chances of having the four same cards. Then you need to win the hand at the river. Let say it happens once every blue moon at the rate we play omaha.
The only time that happend was on october 16th 2014. One might argue why even have such a rule if it happens one a decade...well... boys being boys and long time close friend.

View attachment 1322821
Good call, so a pair of twos was best on the river in Omaha? Thats bananas, good for that winner!

Dead hand is dead. Rare exceptions can be made (e.g., errant dealer muck where cards are clearly identifiable), but a novelty rule that overrides this for the lulz is a silly gamble against the patience of your players. All it takes is one player to get sore about being stacked by a dead hand.

That said, it is a novelty rule, and if you have the same set of players all the time and they like it, good for them. But it's starkly at odds with basically every poker rule set in existence. Probably even more egregious than letting someone go south or add to his stack mid-hand.

As you can see in the replies, most players bristle at this; your chances of being able to recruit players into your game who will be happy about this rule are slim. If you do bring new people into the game, you'd better be crystal-clear about what this rule means. I know if I sat down to a game for the first time, if this hasn't been well-explained to me and is suddenly invoked in the middle of a hand I'm in, I will feel like I'm being swindled or toyed with.

Dead hand is dead. Rare exceptions can be made (e.g., errant dealer muck where cards are clearly identifiable), but a novelty rule that overrides this for the lulz is a silly gamble against the patience of your players. All it takes is one player to get sore about being stacked by a dead hand.

That said, it is a novelty rule, and if you have the same set of players all the time and they like it, good for them. But it's starkly at odds with basically every poker rule set in existence. Probably even more egregious than letting someone go south or add to his stack mid-hand.

As you can see in the replies, most players bristle at this; your chances of being able to recruit players into your game who will be happy about this rule are slim. If you do bring new people into the game, you'd better be crystal-clear about what this rule means. I know if I sat down to a game for the first time, if this hasn't been well-explained to me and is suddenly invoked in the middle of a hand I'm in, I will feel like I'm being swindled or toyed with.
I totally agree with all of your point. And if you were to be invited you would be given the written rules where there's no mention of it because, we only play it with this group of 6 of us. I thought I d share it just for fun. But once again, we are 6 childhood friend, that go on vacation together, organize some night just for us where we want to see cards, and we all know the rules. Just fancy stuff we have add all along the way to our 6 some poker game! But for the rest, there's no such fancy rules and there are fixed written rules.

I would like to play in a game that has this rule, simply because if there's that many limped pots that this comes up frequently, the game must be very soft.

I would like to play in a game that has this rule, simply because if there's that many limped pots that this comes up frequently, the game must be very soft.
Actually we did this rule because the family pots are rare, therefore, when there's one we don't want to miss it. It s a family pot!

Slippery slope, especially if more than one has folded, will slow the game down in the least, and, could lead to potentially huge issues. Best rule of thumb is once they're mucked they're dead, unless they haven't mixed with any other cards, and, only in very specific/unusual circumstances.

Actually we did this rule because the family pots are rare, therefore, when there's one we don't want to miss it. It s a family pot!
I mean, if there is EVER a family pot, it's a soft game...but still, wouldn't mind this rule. I just don't ever see it being applied in the games I've played because family pots are just not a thing.

Slippery slope, especially if more than one has folded, will slow the game down in the least, and, could lead to potentially huge issues. Best rule of thumb is once they're mucked they're dead, unless they haven't mixed with any other cards, and, only in very specific/unusual circumstances.
Only allowed if one player has fold. No exception...it would slow the game. As now it's like: Jo, want your cards back? Joe toss double the blind...let's go

Je veux dire, s'il y a JAMAIS un pot familial, c'est un jeu doux... mais quand même, cette règle ne me dérangerait pas. Je ne vois tout simplement pas que cela soit appliqué dans les jeux auxquels j'ai joué parce que les pots familiaux ne existent tout simplement pas.
Same here...family pots are almost inexistent.

Back to my original question. Does anyone of you have a fancy rule to share? Something particular to their game.

Does he need to start using a card capper?
Would definately eliminate the problem!
But no one of us use a card capper, or sometimes a chip.
In a out-of-homegame or open tourney it really makes sense!

But a self mucked hand still dead.

Hi guys,

If all the table limp but for one player, that player can get his cards back fro double the price of the blind.

Does anyone have such rules? Or others? My game is a friendly home game fyo.
Once mucked and in with the other cards, it's dead. If a player mucks to center table and could check the action, I'll notify them and return the cards. We are a friendly game, so generally as long as it's fair for everyone, we won't get too hard nosed.

Those are the kinds of players where the button would park for three deals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom