My Broken Arrow bridge jumbo review (2 Viewers)

The clubs/spades are still hard to distinguish at long range but the changes Justin made with the new slimmer spade index pip (on the newer versions) makes it somewhat easier, not great, but easier. As well the squared off font makes the middle cards (some changes on the 5 were done as well) look similar but it doesn't take a lot to count pips on the board cards, however when spreading cards in your hand they can be tricky.

As far as the feel and handling I think Justin knocked it out of the park, these cards feel & handle great. :)

Hopefully newer versions can address some of the issues some are having such as a more standard style font for the index.

Personally I think he should use the arrowhead (as on the AOS) for the spade pip, I think that would make these decks unique and easier to distinguish from the club pip. Also need more bridge/jumbo color backs.

I'm not too happy with my Broken Arrows. For such little use they sure seem to be fading quickly. Especially the reds. Anyone else notice this?

I wonder if they are sourced from Copag?
P1110280.jpg
P1110281.jpg
P1110282.jpg

Curious how some would react to a deck of cards without pips in the middle and just legible numbers and suits in the corners

Curious how some would react to a deck of cards without pips in the middle and just legible numbers and suits in the corners
Those weirdo old timer mixed games WSOP types love to peel their last card sideways and guess what it might be, just based on the first column of pips. You’ll hear them muttering about 2 across or 3 across or 4 across. So they’re important to some people. Personally I like them because that’s what I’m used to.

I'm not too happy with my Broken Arrows. For such little use they sure seem to be fading quickly. Especially the reds. Anyone else notice this?

I wonder if they are sourced from Copag?
View attachment 1329165View attachment 1329166View attachment 1329167
Are you playing on suited speed cloth? I found that a lot of my cards were wearing pretty quickly on suited speed cloth (we just got the crappy stuff from Amazon, slides really well but is pretty rough to touch) but since we changed to a topper from @rjdev7 haven’t had any issues.

I’m actually quite a fan of the design, nice and refreshing but my group always go back to Copag bridge regular index.

Just like a Toyota, Copag is no frills, reliable and gets the job done. Broken Arrow is like an Alfa Romeo, a bit quirky and different but not perfect.

Are you playing on suited speed cloth? I found that a lot of my cards were wearing pretty quickly on suited speed cloth (we just got the crappy stuff from Amazon, slides really well but is pretty rough to touch) but since we changed to a topper from @rjdev7 haven’t had any issues.

I’m actually quite a fan of the design, nice and refreshing but my group always go back to Copag bridge regular index.

Just like a Toyota, Copag is no frills, reliable and gets the job done. Broken Arrow is like an Alfa Romeo, a bit quirky and different but not perfect.
We play on a soft cloth tablecloth. (nothing fancy). I have lots of setups from various manufacturers that we rotate thru and the only detectable fading other than Copags are the Broken Arrows and the WSOP 2012 Fournier deck but the WSOP's have had a lot more use and are 12 years old. (The Broken Arrows have pretty minimal usage and I have a feeling these cards share the same printing process as Copags??) Is PVC cardstock more finicky to being colorfast? I've never seen the slightest fading on any Acetate cards.

We play on a soft cloth tablecloth. (nothing fancy). I have lots of setups from various manufacturers that we rotate thru and the only detectable fading other than Copags are the Broken Arrows and the WSOP 2012 Fournier deck but the WSOP's have had a lot more use and are 12 years old. (The Broken Arrows have pretty minimal usage and I have a feeling these cards share the same printing process as Copags??) Is PVC cardstock more finicky to being colorfast? I've never seen the slightest fading on any Acetate cards.

I use Copag four-color decks and have not had issues with them fading quickly, or really at all.

Old fashioned cards had no numbers and only pips or a face. I’d like to get my hands on a usable deck - make mental math great again.

Attachments

• IMG_2137.png
    IMG_2137.png
    285.9 KB · Views: 21
I played with the Broken Arrows for the first time last month. I liked the feel, the shuffle, and dealing them. None of our guys complained about being able to read them. I'll watch to see if my reds start to wear off.

I’ve been looking for a good value deck that I can play with friends but still be proud of the quality and I think these are it! I have two decks of copags but I don’t like using them unless someone brings a quality topper :)

View attachment 1328595
View attachment 1328597
View attachment 1328598

I got these in play on Friday. At $7.50 per setup (which includes a nice cardboard box and two cut cards) they’re a steal. At their regular price of $10, they’re a setup everybody should consider.
I think these feel most similar to Fourniers - nice but subtle texture and slightly on the stiffer side. I believe the backs have slightly more texture than the faces but you’d only notice with close inspection. They have a nice satisfying buttery feel when shuffling, and they pitch and gather great. Zero complaints about their physical properties. Minimal top card float. Everybody thought they felt and looked great.

Personal preference time - I didn’t like the numbers and pips at all, and neither did my players. Maybe they’re a touch smaller than jumbo (and most of us have older eyes.) But we lasted about an orbit with these, and then switched them out for a more traditional looking jumbo.

Bottom line - great cards for a great price, but if you’re particular about your pips you might want to give them a play before ordering a stack.
Newly designed cards are available for preorder now in new colors. Check it out:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cards-group-buy-bridge-jumbo-setups-green-blue.120478/

I guess I’m one of the few that likes the standing design. I’d probably get a few decks in the new style to try if they update the Poker size to the new bridge size style. Bridge are too small in my large hands

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom