My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (13 Viewers)

Mr calls multiple all-ins with QT54 one suit is destroying the game. Max buyin is $500 and he is sitting on over $3,100 right now

He has more chips than the rest of the table combined

I've just been folding for awhile, waiting for one of the key hands of the session to present itself

Mr calls multiple all-ins with QT54 one suit is destroying the game. Max buyin is $500 and he is sitting on over $3,100 right now

He has more chips than the rest of the table combined

I've just been folding for awhile, waiting for one of the key hands of the session to present itself
patience.jpg

Flopped top set Jacks on a J53 two spade flop in a raised pot

I pot from BB for $100, only HJ and SB call

Turn 7 spades, sb and I check, HJ bets $350 and we both fold

Been folding mostly (or whiffing flops or draws) for hours now

Game is REALLY good, I just haven't been able to capitalize on it yet, but 4 players are super fish, so staying patient

The fishiest of fish had around 4 grand when I finally left at 2am. Was zonked, had played over 9 hours plus been there longer because when I arrived the lists were crazy because of the tournament series.

Had a good session, not as profitable for me as it was for the fish, but that's ok, he's a regular and will continue to play dumb over the long-haul.

He called two all-ins pre for around $300 in one hand with 4567 holding three hearts and was up against AAxx and KKxx and he just binks the magical 234 two heart flop (and neither of his opponents had bigger heart draws so were almost drawing dead). Ace on the turn gave one of his opponents a chance but river bricked and he stacked them both

Was pretty rough to sit for multiple dealer changes and have to fold fold fold, or call-whiff or hit then get outdrawn and have to fold, not really winning any pots and watching my stack dwindle slowly down while the mouth-breathers are just scooping monster pots. But I figured even if I had a losing session, at least the game was fucking amazing compared to how they've been.

Now I just need to hope that shift continues, because the games have been truly awful for a few months now.

Also planning to return to Luckys on Monday and see how it is, they've been getting 4 games regularly and I still have three cats (and a Jenn) to feed.

New table first hand dealt :ah::as::qc::th: in BB

Button straddled to $5 and UTG+1 has blind-raised to 20

SB calls 5
I call 5
UTG folds
UTG+1 has his blind raise to 20
Button calls 20
SB calls 20
Hero pots to 100

They ALL call

Flop :kh::9d::2c:

We shove all-in

The blind raiser thinks for awhile and calls

Turn :5d:
River :9h:

He doesn't show, our aces up is good

20201206_035000.jpg

SB calls 5
I call 5
UTG folds
Button calls 20
SB calls 20
Hero pots to 100

They ALL call

We shove all-in

View attachment 587489
That seems an optimistic shove into 3 players surely

We've created an SPR of more than 1:1 at this point

We hold a number of key cards that block the straight draws, and we have that draw ourself if the Jack falls

The board otherwise is uncoordinated. If someone has KKxx, 99xx or K9xx, gg nh, it happens.

Otherwise this is a pretty good flop for our hand overall.

To give some more perspective, an inside wrap on this flop is still an underdog to us

Screenshot_20201206-121019_Chrome.jpg

While someone who flopped two pair does have the edge, we have enough equity given pot and stack sizes for it to be still ok to put the rest of our stack in

Screenshot_20201206-121139_Chrome.jpg

SB calls 5
I call 5
UTG folds
Button calls 20
SB calls 20
Hero pots to 100

They ALL call

We shove all-in

View attachment 587489
Must be nice! I NEVER get that lucky. The other night playing, every time the board paired, somebody had a full house. I must have got beat half a dozen times with nut flush or nut straight. And did I ever hit the boat? NOOOOOO... Much less win a hand with two pair.

Must be nice! I NEVER get that lucky. The other night playing, every time the board paired, somebody had a full house. I must have got beat half a dozen times with nut flush or nut straight. And did I ever hit the boat? NOOOOOO... Much less win a hand with two pair.

In my defense, the previous night I had a guy chase a gutshot draw facing pot sized flop and turn bets to crack my top pair, flopped top set on a two spade board and had to fold turn when flush came in, flopped the nuts and had a guy chase to the river to make his flush, etc

It's not all sunshine and rainbows, there was a 4 hour period friday night where all I did was bleed chips

You begin to question if Poker Jeezus is even real!

In my defense, the previous night I had a guy chase a gutshot draw facing pot sized flop and turn bets to crack my top pair, flopped top set on a two spade board and had to fold turn when flush came in, flopped the nuts and had a guy chase to the river to make his flush, etc

It's not all sunshine and rainbows, there was a 4 hour period friday night where all I did was bleed chips

You begin to question if Poker Jeezus is even real!
I hear ya. It's easy for me to forget the previous good games after a bad one. It just gets frustrating when you know you're making the right decisions and playing hands with odds in your favor, but still lose.

I hear ya. It's easy for me to forget the previous good games after a bad one. It just gets frustrating when you know you're making the right decisions and playing hands with odds in your favor, but still lose.

I kinda had to get used to it after having top two pair and the nfd on the turn against a fish with K944 who had the 2nd nfd and thus only ONE out in the entire deck (pre-covid) the 4 of spades, because the 4 of clubs gives us both the flush. We get it in on the turn, again, he's stacking off with JUST the flush draw which isn't even good, and he binks the one-outer plus I was only running it once then (and I think he only goes once as well so wouldn't have mattered if I wanted to run it twice)

When you've lost thousands of dollars as a 97.5% favorite you start to realize what you signed up for, lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom