New member from Colombia. Yes, with an o. (1 Viewer)

davox

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm from Colombia in South America. Any other south american around here?

I found this forum three weeks ago and I'm in love with it. The resources, the forums and the chip database, everything is very nice. This site is amazing. Congrats to the admins, moderators and members. Keep up the good work.

I'm looking to get a custom cash set because I need special denominations with colombian pesos instead of dollars. Any suggestions? I'll order soon a bunch of samples from apache poker chips and CPC to try them out and feel them to buy the best one for my needs. Ceramics will work too. Any cash set around with another currency different to dollars?

Has anyone outside the US bought from apache or CPC. Which mail carrier did you use? How fast was the shipping? I don't want to wait an eternity just for the samples. Do you know any retailer for good chips in South America?

Any advice?

I'm super excited to start with this. Happy to read your replies.

Excuse my English. It's still a bit rusty

Welcome! De que parte de Colombia? Soy Pereirano.

I am familiar with the Colombian peso and its conversion to USD so you may want to look at a T100 (or higher) tournament set with a cash set breakdown if you don't want to go the full custom route.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to PCF! Your English is great. There are quite a few sets with £ for denomination. I agree with getting samples. Your overall budget may determine what you get in terms of chips. Enjoy the process!

Welcome! De que parte de Colombia? Soy Pereirano.

I am familiar with the Colombian peso and its conversion to USD so you may want to look at a T100 (or higher) tournament set with a cash set breakdown if you don't want to go the full custom route.
Soy de Bogotá.
I will check if a can get a tournament set instead. Thanks man.

Hello and welcome!

Just curious, what pesos denominations are you planning to get?
I'm planning to get a 250, 1.000, 5.000 and 20.000 or 25.000 pesos. This is the equivalent of 10 cents or a dime, 25c, 1 and 5 dollars respectively. Maybe I'll consider a 100.000 pesos chip if I play higher stakes later on. But that wont be anytime soon because 13 chips with such denomination will be equal to the monthly minimum wage here.

I'm planning to get a 250, 1.000, 5.000 and 20.000 or 25.000 pesos. This is the equivalent of 10 cents or a dime, 25c, 1 and 5 dollars respectively. Maybe I'll consider a 100.000 pesos chip if I play higher stakes later on. But that wont be anytime soon because 13 chips with such denomination will be equal to the monthly minimum wage here.

So it's like getting a cash set of 0.25, 1, 5, and 20/25 and then multiplying by 1000.

Hello and welcome. I set of custom Tinas would be perfect. Of course real clay from CPC is even better.

Welcome to the forum! Is English is better than a lot of Americans :sneaky:. Good luck in your hunt for a chip collection. You've definitely come to the right site for chips and many poker related things!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom