New Printer At BR Pro Poker (2 Viewers)

Which one is your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the first comparison, I like B by a mile on the brighter colors. But the second comparison with the darker tones, I think I like C the best.

I heard that BR Pro Poker got a new printer, so I excitedly asked for samples from both printers.

Turns out they have three printers.

Which one do you like best?

Vote, then read the details below.

View attachment 1179099

(Picture was taken indoor with soft, warm overhead lighting. Chips are on white printer paper.)

More info from BR Pro below (link)

tl;dr (my take, not BR Pro's): Whether you are ordering a stock design or a custom design, it makes sense to get some additional samples comparing different printers.

I ordered the samples from the "Card Wars" design because it was readily available and had vibrant colors and halos that resemble gradients. Yes, it has contrast issues.

Here's Kristil at BR Pro Poker describing the different printer models:

View attachment 1179113

The samples shipped and I was surprised.

View attachment 1179115

I displayed them in chronological order.

A: The original printer model
B: Labeled "2019 printer" (I assume this is the "2018 printer model" from above)
C: Labeled "Newest printer"

I was surprised because like everyone here, I picked "B". Overall, the colors win, by a lightyear. Blue is a good example.

View attachment 1179128

But A prints the inkiest black.

View attachment 1179129

And on some chips the inlay on A is easiest to read.

View attachment 1179130

While on others, the inlay on B is easiest to read.

View attachment 1179131

I'm not really sure what C is supposed to be good at. To be honest, all the gradients look roughly the same to me. Maybe it's that it is a bit more saturated than A.

Where am I going with this? I feel like my order brings more questions rather than answers about which printer is best at what. If I didn't have time to get samples in hand, I would probably order from printer B, unless black is important, in which case I would go with A (or Cards Mold). But if at all possible, I would order samples on all three printers.

To be fair regarding black ink on chips…

If you want black-black, and not just…black, create a rich black with 75C, 75M, 75Y, and 100K

That’ll give you a deep rich black and make other colors pop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom