Not really impressed with tournament director software. Any interest in this? (1 Viewer)

I can't seem to change time in a level, is that on its way? Sometimes you need to adjust the time when running a tourney. E.g. if the timer was paused during the break due to a combination of pre-tourney tacos and just a single toilet, and you forget to turn it on after the break, then you might want to skip ahead X minutes.

Just published version 5.0.0+267 to the web, iOS, and Android with the following changes:
1. Removed the 10K and 50K chips, added 10 and 25K chips.
2. Added a button to the timer screen that allows adjustment of the time.
3. Finished adding support for these languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese (Mandarin). The translations were done using AI, so if anyone sees any problems, please let me know.

For the open source project I work on the AI translations were pretty decent, and then crowd-sourcing refinement of the translations to our community got us pretty far. Also meant the languages people cared about most got translated first =) crowdin is the site/service we went with but there are a few. Just something to consider anyway =)

Just published version 5.0.0+267 to the web, iOS, and Android with the following changes:
1. Removed the 10K and 50K chips, added 10 and 25K chips.
2. Added a button to the timer screen that allows adjustment of the time.
3. Finished adding support for these languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese (Mandarin). The translations were done using AI, so if anyone sees any problems, please let me know.

And just for reference, here are links to the apps:

Web: pokerclubhq.com

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.robinapps.pokertimer

iPhone and iPad: https://testflight.apple.com/join/RsZJEMVY

Important note for iPhone and iPad: Installing the beta overwrites our free Texas Holdem Poker Timer app on the device you install it on, and the beta does not yet support importing any of the tournaments or settings you have in the old app. However, the tournaments and settings from the old app are not lost. If you reinstall the latest version of the app from the App Store, over the beta version, your tournaments and other settings will be accessible again. Important: don't delete the beta version, or your tournaments and settings from the old app will be deleted as well.

And just for reference, here are links to the apps:

Web: pokerclubhq.com

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.robinapps.pokertimer

iPhone and iPad: https://testflight.apple.com/join/RsZJEMVY

Important note for iPhone and iPad: Installing the beta overwrites our free Texas Holdem Poker Timer app on the device you install it on, and the beta does not yet support importing any of the tournaments or settings you have in the old app. However, the tournaments and settings from the old app are not lost. If you reinstall the latest version of the app from the App Store, over the beta version, your tournaments and other settings will be accessible again. Important: don't delete the beta version, or your tournaments and settings from the old app will be deleted as well.
Ron, I am sure it is the same but just to confirm, if you have the paid version of the IOS app does it still work the same way (will reload saved tournies once reinstalled?)

Last edited:
Ron, I am sure it is the same but just to confirm, if you have the paid version of the IOS app does it still work the same way (will reload saved tournies once reinstalled?)
If you have the "Texas Holdem Poker Timer" app installed and you've purchased any of the advanced features such as "Remove Control" or "Advanced Player and Table Management", etc., if you install the beta version of our new Poker Club HQ app, it will overwrite the Texas Holdem Poker Timer app. And since the new app doesn't yet convert the old data (tournaments and other settings) to the new format, you won't have access to them in the new app at this time. If you reinstall the non-beta, store version, of the Texas Holdem Poker Timer app over the beta app, you will gain access back to all your tournaments and other settings, and all your in-app purchases will work as they did before. If you delete the app though, as is always the case, the data will get deleted, and if you reinstall the regular app after that, you will still have access to all your in-app purchases, but not any tournaments you had before you deleted the app.

If you have the "pro" version of our app, which is a separate app named "Texas Holdem Poker Timer Pro", installing the beta version of our new app will not overwrite that app. You will still see it's icon and can run it normally.

Once I have all the features of the old apps implemented in the new app I will replace both the regular app and pro app with the new app, and at that point the new Poker Club HQ app will automatically convert tournaments from the old format into the new format along with other settings so no data will be lost. It will also honor all in-app purchases so all functionality will be equivalent, or better because the new app will have better implementations of the same features.

Does that answer your question? If not, I can go into more detail... :)

If you have the "Texas Holdem Poker Timer" app installed and you've purchased any of the advanced features such as "Remove Control" or "Advanced Player and Table Management", etc., if you install the beta version of our new Poker Club HQ app, it will overwrite the Texas Holdem Poker Timer app. And since the new app doesn't yet convert the old data (tournaments and other settings) to the new format, you won't have access to them in the new app at this time. If you reinstall the non-beta, store version, of the Texas Holdem Poker Timer app over the beta app, you will gain access back to all your tournaments and other settings, and all your in-app purchases will work as they did before. If you delete the app though, as is always the case, the data will get deleted, and if you reinstall the regular app after that, you will still have access to all your in-app purchases, but not any tournaments you had before you deleted the app.

If you have the "pro" version of our app, which is a separate app named "Texas Holdem Poker Timer Pro", installing the beta version of our new app will not overwrite that app. You will still see it's icon and can run it normally.

Once I have all the features of the old apps implemented in the new app I will replace both the regular app and pro app with the new app, and at that point the new Poker Club HQ app will automatically convert tournaments from the old format into the new format along with other settings so no data will be lost. It will also honor all in-app purchases so all functionality will be equivalent, or better because the new app will have better implementations of the same features.

Does that answer your question? If not, I can go into more detail... :)
yes, it does. I have the paid “pro” version so this is what I needed to know. Thanks!

I LOVE the Tournament Director software.

Does it have a flashly UI? No.

But it works, and works well, and allowed me to manage my league nearly effortlessly, once I had the hang of it.
Yeah it's got a little bit of a learning curve but once you get it, it makes it a breeze. Bonus points for being able to add your own sound bytes and event triggers. My last tournament a week ago when a player busted out, the event trigger was the The Price is Right wrong answer horn.

Yeah it's got a little bit of a learning curve but once you get it, it makes it a breeze. Bonus points for being able to add your own sound bytes and event triggers. My last tournament a week ago when a player busted out, the event trigger was the The Price is Right wrong answer horn.
I use that sound a lot also for knockouts. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom