Oiling, before and after Pron (2 Viewers)

Before & after on the new BB's
IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0435.JPG

I think I need an ultrasonic..Cleaned and oiled two barrels of these beauties. They're almost glowing though..

IMG_7065.JPG

IMG_7066.JPG

They're only China clays but it's my first upgrade over slugged chips so I'm currently in love. Didn't think to take too many detailed before pictures but the Milano's really shined after some oil. The red is really popping now.

Attachments

• inCollage_20180621_123504228.jpg
    inCollage_20180621_123504228.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 303
Oiling also works like a charm on (some) plastic chips, although I've read some people say otherwise. Here, high end Bourgogne & Grasset chips. The top one was in the same condition as the bottom one before oiling.

oiling.jpg

Jesus, that first pic!
We've cleaned some down right nasty chips lol
Have alot of pics in the hooker juice pr0n thread, those are the cabazons. The Ash streets, PCAs, Joker's wild, and the Eldorados I did recently were all comparable or worse to those

has anyone oiled their minty jack detroit’s? i’m curious when it’s necessary to oil new paulsons..

My first oiling experience... I think it went pretty well! Bringing some life back into some old RUS solids.

I applied the mineral oil using a micro fibre cloth. A little oil goes a long way. For one rack it doesn't even look there is any mineral oil missing out of the bottle.

20220108_110108.jpg

20220108_110138.jpg

The difference is unbelievable. This will be my next adventure. I have cleaned chips, removed/replaced inlays and sanded chips. Oiling them is up next……

Having done inlay replacement myself this oiling thing is a breeze. Heck it takes longer to clean the chips than oil them (I don't use an ultrasonic).

I finally finished cleaning and oiling my Sundance micro stakes set

Before:
PXL_20220221_200203274~3.jpg

After:
PXL_20220619_234820613~2.jpg

Just need to flatten them all now and apply my 25c labels to the gray chips. Removing all of those paper inlays took so long... I underestimated how much work would be involved with replacing those inlays. I have put probably over 30 hours of work into these chips so far.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom