PCF NHL Playoff Bracket Challenge 2023! (3 Viewers)

So how does this work? Do we pick a group of favourite icemen we think will do well or pick teams before each game?

So how does this work? Do we pick a group of favourite icemen we think will do well or pick teams before each game?

It's a bit simpler - you just pick which team you think will win each match-up for all the rounds incl. the Finals (see below). The catch is, you have to pick all the winners in advance, so no changes after round 1, etc.

Here's the link to the league: https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/en/league/27978

I'll send the password via PM to everyone who's expressed interest. Playoffs begin Monday, so get your picks in quickly!

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 12.50.17.png

I've PM'd everyone with the league password. If I missed anyone who still wants to join, just let me know and I'll message you the password!

I picked teams on how much I liked the team name and used a dice for picking number of games.

I've PM'd everyone with the league password. If I missed anyone who still wants to join, just let me know and I'll message you the password!
I tried to do this on my phone. Ended up with two incomplete entries. Is there any way you can delete both and I'll re-do it from my laptop?

I tried to do this on my phone. Ended up with two incomplete entries. Is there any way you can delete both and I'll re-do it from my laptop?
Yeah, the mobile site is garbage. The desktop site isn't much better unfortunately.

I can't edit anybody's teams or delete, but you should be able to re-edit and complete your lineup from your laptop without any issues.

Yeah, the mobile site is garbage. The desktop site isn't much better unfortunately.

I can't edit anybody's teams or delete, but you should be able to re-edit and complete your lineup from your laptop without any issues.
Desktop went just fine for me, no issues.

In, and since the flyers are not, I will pick with my head, not my heart.

All picks will still be wrong.

My picks are in and wrong... I had to go with my Kings even though they are probably too injured. Too many key players out, plus Boston this year. Wow! My $20 donation is ready.

I know nothing about hockey, and won this the 1st year we did it. It’s not rocket science, it’s just… hockey….

This site is a tire-fire and has me stuck in a sign-in loop.
Anybody else having issues or am I just a touch dim?
I've tried 2 browsers on PC and on my phone.

I'm in. I usually stop watching all hockey once Canucks are out, maybe this will keep me in the loop.

This site is a tire-fire and has me stuck in a sign-in loop.
Anybody else having issues or am I just a touch dim?
I've tried 2 browsers on PC and on my phone.
I got kicked out a few times initially but it worked in the end.

Hey all,

As we have a lot more participants that past years (we only had 8 teams last year and we're up to 15 teams already!) it was suggested in one of the chat conversations that we adjust the payout accordingly, which I'm in complete agreement with.

If nobody objects, we'll keep the original $20 wager and change the payout structure to the following:

70/30 if we get 10-19 teams
60/25/15 if we get 20+

Would look like follows in terms of payouts currently:

15 teams: $210/$90
16 teams: $224/$96
17 teams: $238/$102
18 teams: $252/$108
19 teams: $266/$114
20 teams: $260/$100/$40

I'll change the OP accordingly!

I'm in. I usually stop watching all hockey once Canucks are out, maybe this will keep me in the loop.
I usually watch every blues game no matter what…but when they traded OReilly I knew Army was giving up. Sad year.

Now I’m laser focused on gambling.

I usually watch every blues game no matter what…but when they traded OReilly I knew Army was giving up. Sad year.

Now I’m laser focused on gambling.
You guys won your Cup though!

I was 8 years old the last time the Oilers won anything, so for all intents and purposes, I've never experienced my team winning anything. Came close in 2006 vs. Carolina. Man, what a heartbreaker that game 7 loss was at the time. Who would have thought they'd miss the playoffs ten straight seasons after that... ugh.

You guys won your Cup though!

I was 8 years old the last time the Oilers won anything, so for all intents and purposes, I've never experienced my team winning anything. Came close in 2006 vs. Carolina. Man, what a heartbreaker that game 7 loss was at the time. Who would have thought they'd miss the playoffs ten straight seasons after that... ugh.
I still tear up when I think about it.

I’m crying right now…

And the last time the Canucks won the cup I was how many years old? Oh yeah, right...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom