Rounders Tribute: My BR Pro Poker Chip Contest Submission (2 Viewers)

rjdev7

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I've been meaning to do this set for a while to match my Rounders table topper, and this contest was enough to nudge me in that direction.

If you're a Rounders fan you should recognize the characters. I've done my best to try and capture real Rounders scenes as the background, or at least something very similar. The only character I haven't used yet is Petra; I plan to add one with her at the Chesterfield club but I don't know what denomination to go with. I'm considering making Jo the rebuy button given the Gambler's anonymous theme and the obvious homage to the scene where she finds Mike's "gangster's roll" in the bathroom while he's showering. Then I could make Petra the 25c frac.

Even if these don't make the cut by BR Pro Poker, I had a lot of fun making them and will be offering them up for sale like I do the Super Poker World chips.

Cheers!
Ryan

Joe 25c.png
Mike $1.png
Worm $5.png
Knish $25.png
KGB $100.png
Johnny $500.png
Sheriff $1000.png
Gramma $5000.png
Professor 25k.png

Last edited:
Almost cheating using rounders theme

Great job mate. One of the first non Paulson/BCC sets I’d contemplate buying in months/years. I’m guessing non chipper players would love this set more than my others.

Almost cheating using rounders theme

Great job mate. One of the first non Paulson/BCC sets I’d contemplate buying in months/years. I’m guessing non chipper players would love this set more than my others.
Yeah we'll see what they say. No text or original images so hopefully it's fine. If not, like I said, I wanted to create the set for a while and couldn't find the motivation lol.

Glad you like them!

Very cool design! Not a fan of the small off center denoms though, but at the same time wouldn’t want to have them interfere with the art.

Are you having these made for your own use, or as a group buy? If group buy, then many of us prefer $20 chips over $25 for small stakes cash games. So you might consider using your unused character for that denomination. For the color, I would make it a bright yellow.

Badass. One suggestion is I would make the chips line up w the players. For sample, the infamous black chips r w Chan and not KGB.

Also I like how you shared it today on the deadline.

Hope you win and ur future group sales are a smashing success!!!

And I think the $5 has to be Mike!

Very cool design! Not a fan of the small off center denoms though, but at the same time wouldn’t want to have them interfere with the art.
Yeah I don't love them either. Going to play around a bit.

I've modified the denominations so they're larger and towards the bottom, unblocking the artwork. Thanks for the feedback!

@TX_Golf_N_Poker I added the $20 denomination with Petra. Thanks for the suggestion!

Rounders Tribute-01.png
Rounders Tribute-02.png
Rounders Tribute-03.png
Rounders Tribute.png
Rounders Tribute-04.png
Rounders Tribute-05.png
Rounders Tribute-06.png
Rounders Tribute-07.png
Rounders Tribute-08.png
Rounders Tribute-09.png

Awesome job!! Only suggestion to help with the contrast is to change the denom on the .25 and 1 to white like you did on the 500 and 1000. I think the darker bubbles on those 2 call for it and will make the denoms pop more.

Otherwise, everything else is great!! Awesome job!

1990s Gretchen Mol is super sexy even in cartoon poker chip form. The first time I saw the movie feeling bad that she left him…but them wanting him to give that Petra girl the business. Missed opportunity for Mike:cry:
This is the part of the movie that always struck me as unreal. I don't care if I just had to pay down my friends' debt and just found out how deep he's in, I still can't imagine turning her down in that spot.

Maybe Mike should have suggested he'll do it for the other seven grand and the movie is over :p.

I liked the first version, but these denoms are a stunning improvement. I would switch Johnny and Teddy though. I associate Johnny with the black chips in the AC game, and Teddy with the purple chips from the heads up game.

ETA: I hope you can get these made, but I have a feeling the likeness use is going to be an issue.

This is the part of the movie that always struck me as unreal. I don't care if I just had to pay down my friends' debt and just found out how deep he's in, I still can't imagine turning her down in that spot.

Maybe Mike should have suggested he'll do it for the other seven grand and the movie is over :p.
He has to pork her here
IMG_0053.jpeg

pay hyem...pay that man hes mahney.

these are dope. would buy a set

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom