Should I get a tournament set? (1 Viewer)

I have a custom cash set, and I'm wondering if I need a separate set for tournaments.
8w265h.jpg

If expensive, let alone custom, make sure it doubles as micro cash set, preferably T5 based, so that tourney units AND cash units cost the same (values in cash representing dollar cents).

If T25 based, then your T10,000 tourneys should cost $100 to buy in, to keep safe the interchangeability between tourneys and cash.

How many players? A single table set (10 players) isn’t hard to round up no matter which chips you prefer. It’s also way more fun to collect them than cash sets.
How many of each chip would I need if I was looking for a T25?

It would be helpful if you provide how many players you're planning on having for the tournament, blind structure, etc.

Throw in a budget and PCF can come up with many suggestions on chips.

120 25’s
150 100’s
50 500’s
100 1000’s
20-40 5000’s

Approximately. They should get you thru colorups. And you could stretch it to 13-14 if you really really had to with no rebuys.

There’s a million threads on breakdowns. If you do T100 you can drop down to about 400 chips. But that’s no fun, not enough chips to make it interesting.

You’ve been here a while. These are pretty basic questions a search would produce answers for. You just bored?

Sisu buddy you asked this about limit sets too, just use what you have for now. How many times have you actually used the cash set? Youre still young, use what you have, its much better than what most people play with. If you dont know what type of tournament you want to run, you dont need a tournament set.

Do you currently host tournaments?

What draws you to hosting a tournament?

Do you want to deal with the logistics of hosting a tournament?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom