Show Us Your Live Stacks (39 Viewers)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1470512410.097573.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1470512420.102856.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1470512439.875634.jpg

Rungood courtesy of a fresh tube of Carmex and headphone gift from @courage.

It's not all roses, however. I shamefully checked the nuts on the river in a big PLO hand where I didn't realize I had backdoored the stone nuts. Other guy checked the second nuts behind. Uuuuuugh. So I should be $250 richer if I weren't a total retard.

IMG_3101.JPG

It's not all roses, however. I shamefully checked the nuts on the river in a big PLO hand where I didn't realize I had backdoored the stone nuts. Other guy checked the second nuts behind. Uuuuuugh. So I should be $250 richer if I weren't a total retard.

View attachment 51497
I'm liking this 5 times, but taking away 3 of those likes because of those dogshit chips. [emoji6]

Nice run brother!

View attachment 51497

lol, you prolly thot you were chopping. :whistle: :whistling:

I like that you're building Hadrian's Wall to keep the barbarians in seats 8 and 9 out of the game.

Nice run!

lol, you prolly thot you were chopping. :whistle: :whistling:

I like that you're building Hadrian's Wall to keep the barbarians in seats 8 and 9 out of the game.

Nice run!

Hadrian's Wall ended up being Hadrian's Cluster after a while. Up to $1650 at the high point and cashed $1490. Was due honestly. Up for the week finally (barely), but I'd have to do the math on the month. It would be close.

IMG_3104.JPG

I don't understand limit without a big bet. How is it? Is everybody just priced in if they make it to the turn?

We've only played it like this for a couple of weeks now. Previously the structure was $5/10/15 and sometimes $5/10 depending on the crowd. I would say the change has only served to cause people to fold the flop a little more often.

We've only played it like this for a couple of weeks now. Previously the structure was $5/10/15 and sometimes $5/10 depending on the crowd. I would say the change has only served to cause people to fold the flop a little more often.

Back in my limit Holdem days, a table selection rule of thumb was that a decent game typically saw 3 on the turn, and a great game was 4+ on the turn.

With that in mind, how's the 10/10 game look? And do you think these same rules of thumb are relevant in mixed games?

Back in my limit Holdem days, a table selection rule of thumb was that a decent game typically saw 3 on the turn, and a great game was 4+ on the turn.

With that in mind, how's the 10/10 game look? And do you think these same rules of thumb are relevant in mixed games?

For Tahoe we play 8 max (9 max in PLO - behind the button sits out for Tahoe) and we are regularly 8 to the flop, 6 to the turn, 5 to the river.

It's a very good game.

I don't have nearly enough experience in LHE to know how exactly those rules would translate, but it seems to be a reasonable way to estimate the quality of the game with little info. Even without knowing how many see a turn/river, though, you would only need to see four or five hands play out to know that these guys will pay out the nose an insanely wide range of hands.

For Tahoe we play 8 max (9 max in PLO - behind the button sits out for Tahoe) and we are regularly 8 to the flop, 6 to the turn, 5 to the river.

It's a very good game.

I don't have nearly enough experience in LHE to know how exactly those rules would translate, but it seems to be a reasonable way to estimate the quality of the game with little info. Even without knowing how many see a turn/river, though, you would only need to see four or five hands play out to know that these guys will pay out the nose an insanely wide range of hands.
Did 2003 party poker relocate to NJ? I'd love to find a game of any type (except stud) that played like that.

Did 2003 party poker relocate to NJ? I'd love to find a game of any type (except stud) that played like that.

Yeah all the games are like that. Unfortunately, the only other limit game is a stud 8 game (unfortunately the Badugi, 2-7 Monday game was a bust - went twice and apparently is unlikely to go again), so you'd be limited to Sunday nights, but anytime you want to come down for Sundays, let me know ;)

In all seriousness, next time you come down to Borgata, plan to stay Sunday night as well and play the game. It's about 45 minutes north of Atlantic City, just off the Garden State Parkway on the way back home for you. Beautiful game and always retarded action.

Their schedule is: Tuesday/Thurs - $1/2 NLHE; Friday - $5/10/15 Stud 8; Saturday - $2/5 NLHE; Sunday - $1/2 PLO and $10/10 Tahoe 8.

Yeah all the games are like that. Unfortunately, the only other limit game is a stud 8 game (unfortunately the Badugi, 2-7 Monday game was a bust - went twice and apparently is unlikely to go again), so you'd be limited to Sunday nights, but anytime you want to come down for Sundays, let me know ;)

In all seriousness, next time you come down to Borgata, plan to stay Sunday night as well and play the game. It's about 45 minutes north of Atlantic City, just off the Garden State Parkway on the way back home for you. Beautiful game and always retarded action.

Their schedule is: Tuesday/Thurs - $1/2 NLHE; Friday - $5/10/15 Stud 8; Saturday - $2/5 NLHE; Sunday - $1/2 PLO and $10/10 Tahoe 8.

Yeah, as soon as I get my stamina back and can travel I'd like to get down there. Will totally plan a sunday night stay though. 10/10 is even bankroll friendly. Tahoe is a lot less scary as a limit game.

How does the low work in Tahoe 8? Can you play all 5 for the low?

Yeah, as soon as I get my stamina back and can travel I'd like to get down there. Will totally plan a sunday night stay though. 10/10 is even bankroll friendly. Tahoe is a lot less scary as a limit game.

How does the low work in Tahoe 8? Can you play all 5 for the low?

Yep, can play all five for both the low and the high. The low is much more entertaining though when you can "low over low" one of the OMCs. They are always apoplectic when they lose a made low in the hole.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom